Vontaze Burfict Story

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good point, NoSaint, you don't think he would be a good factor?

Honestly, he looked slow, out of control and like he had poor instincts in the games I saw this year. Everything off the field has seemed to back that assessment up.

Take away the crazy name, highlight of him pointing jawing at barkley(?) pre snap and the late hits that somehow get him called an intense emotional leader ala Lewis (what a joke!) and what your left with us a totally unimpressive player in my own non-expert opinion.

He isn't athletic enough to make up for his head, and not smart enough to make up for his body. Very different than a randy moss or warren sapp that were elite athletes with some flags (other names associated with him) or a ray Lewis who has none of those questions on the field.

Couple all that with work ethic issues.... It's hard to get excited unless its a 3 minute clip with a rap song looped behind it.

Edited by NoSaint

It may very well be that the only place in the league where Burfict has a CHANCE to succeed is in Buffalo due to his relationship with Nick Barnett. What better place for him to start his career than backing up his mentor. If he could get into a locker room with Barnett, Merriman, the Williams brothers, Dareus, Florence. I think they could keep him in check. It's a risk.

If I were Nix, I'd take him in the later rounds.

It may very well be that the only place in the league where Burfict has a CHANCE to succeed is in Buffalo due to his relationship with Nick Barnett. What better place for him to start his career than backing up his mentor. If he could get into a locker room with Barnett, Merriman, the Williams brothers, Dareus, Florence. I think they could keep him in check. It's a risk.

If I were Nix, I'd take him in the later rounds.

I'd be impressed if they shaved half a second off his 40 while providing intense therapy, AND teaching him how to read plays. Thatd be first class mentoring.

Honestly, he looked slow, out of control and like he had poor instincts in the games I saw this year. Everything off the field has seemed to back that assessment up.

Take away the crazy name, highlight of him pointing jawing at barkley(?) pre snap and the late hits that somehow get him called an intense emotional leader ala Lewis (what a joke!) and what your left with us a totally unimpressive player in my own non-expert opinion.

He isn't athletic enough to make up for his head, and not smart enough to make up for his body. Very different than a randy moss or warren sapp that were elite athletes with some flags (other names associated with him) or a ray Lewis who has none of those questions on the field.

Couple all that with work ethic issues.... It's hard to get excited unless its a 3 minute clip with a rap song looped behind it.

Ba BOOOM!

End this silly thread with this post.

Steer Clear , I wouldn't be upset if they took him in 7 Just because they usually get cut anyways or practice squad but this guy is ghetto. He will probably be the first player to pack a piece in the locker room and no where near the speed and instincts of Ray Lewis. That's a horrible comparison just to try to get his hype up since he has had issues like Ray doesn't make him play like Ray. Q & A was not that impressive. I watched tape and yeah he has had some hard hits but the fact that he slowed down and only had one productive year of college ball just further diminished his value in my mind.

Edited by MClem06