Ron Artest is back

Bufcomments

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was completely inadvertent. The fact that it was so violent and vicious is evidence that it was inadvertent.

If you're going to give a guy a cheap shot, it would have been much subtler than that.

This is a man that may, or may not, have killed a man with the leg of a table at a junior tourney. A man that ran into the stands to fight the crowd.

Subtle isn't his thing.

I think it was completely inadvertent. The fact that it was so violent and vicious is evidence that it was inadvertent.

If you're going to give a guy a cheap shot, it would have been much subtler than that.

Wow. I saw a fairly blattent attempt to injure. Funny how people see things differently. I don't get why Artest isn't being compared to Torres. One guy on ESPN is talking 2 games suspension. How does Artest get less than Torres?

PTR

Wow. I saw a fairly blattent attempt to injure. Funny how people see things differently. I don't get why Artest isn't being compared to Torres. One guy on ESPN is talking 2 games suspension. How does Artest get less than Torres?

PTR

That absurd 25 game suspension has finally convinced me Brendan Shanahan is actually a robot. I always thought he might be based on the voice that is more monotone than Shaq, difficulty with mutlti-syllabic words, and complete lack of facial expression. But this has me feeling that someone hit the 5 button for suspension and accidently hit the "square" button before sending the announcement to the speaker in his face.

I also think that if you're going to intentionally give a guy a cheap shot, you probably look at him at least once during the whole process. I think he was completely unaware the whole time. That said, there is still no defense for what he did. I'd be very happy if I never had to hear his name again (especially his new fake name).

Agreed.

My friend made a good point. He said he was just super amped and flung his elbow in a "get out of my way" gesture, and that if his own teammate had been there, he probably would have clocked him too. There was no intent to harm or get Harden. It was just a wild move.

Should still be suspended, preferably for entire season (or life).

If it was unintentional, wouldn't we have seen Artest make some sort of gesture or facial response to signify "Holy sh*t! Did I just do that??"

He lands the elbow and just keeps walking, only turning around when Serge Ibaka confronts him.

If it was unintentional, wouldn't we have seen Artest make some sort of gesture or facial response to signify "Holy sh*t! Did I just do that??"

He lands the elbow and just keeps walking, only turning around when Serge Ibaka confronts him.

Exactly. If you swung your elbow and hit something by accident, would you not look to see what it was?

If it were intentional, we would have seen Artest look beforehand.

In all this discussion of "intent", don't anyone lose sight of one simple, overriding fact: Ron Artest is a retard.

If it were intentional, we would have seen Artest look beforehand.

In all this discussion of "intent", don't anyone lose sight of one simple, overriding fact: Ron Artest is a retard.

True, but I don't think he can be suspended for that!

You love to work the race angle, don't you?

That's hilarious. I never once mentioned race. I guess you just "assumed" something. The NBA is maybe the most diverse sports league on the planet. You started the "race angle."

The NBA, next to the NFL, is the most well run sports league. The myth of their players being thugs died a long time ago. Their players get in less trouble than baseball players. In hockey, guys can use weapons and committ actions that would have them arrested in real life. But no one ever calls them "thugs." A guy (a crazy one at that) throws an elbow and it's the end of the world.

7 games w/o pay. I thought it was going to be 12, minimum 10. NBA needs to get their act together.

Exactly. If they followed the NHL's lead, he would have had a $25 fine and be forced to miss a shift.

Exactly. If they followed the NHL's lead, he would have had a $25 fine and be forced to miss a shift.

Or would have been suspended for a couple of seasons. Depending on whether or not Shanny had enough fiber for breakfast.

Agreed.

My friend made a good point. He said he was just super amped and flung his elbow in a "get out of my way" gesture, and that if his own teammate had been there, he probably would have clocked him too. There was no intent to harm or get Harden. It was just a wild move.

Should still be suspended, preferably for entire season (or life).

I disagree.

World Rage saw him. As a matter of fact if you watch the slow-mo they brushed up against each other before the elbow.

It was almost a sucker punch. Dude knew what he was doing. Nobody could tell me different.

Im saying im calling him Artest from now on.

I disagree.

World Rage saw him. As a matter of fact if you watch the slow-mo they brushed up against each other before the elbow.

It was almost a sucker punch. Dude knew what he was doing. Nobody could tell me different.

Im saying im calling him Artest from now on.

I doubt Artest knows what he's doing when he ties his shoes. Guy couldn't successfully form the intent to pick his nose.