Peter King's latest mock draft as of 4/20

Pete

10 WR Michael Floyd Notre Dame Sr. 6-3 224

(Should pick: Mark Barron, S, Alabama). Buffalo will break the Cardinals' hearts by stealing Floyd to pair with Stevie Johnson and give quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick a true second weapon and bona fide deep threat. But I'd rather have the kind of enforcer in the secondary that so many teams covet. The 6-1, 213-pound Barron is a player whom multiple teams will try to trade up to get.

KING: Bills draft needs

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/20/mock.draft/index.html#ixzz1sh6mQNEw

Kiper

1-Floyd

2-Jonathan Martin

3-Mychal Kendricks

I would love Kiper's draft!

(Should pick: Mark Barron, S, Alabama). Buffalo will break the Cardinals' hearts by stealing Floyd to pair with Stevie Johnson and give quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick a true second weapon and bona fide deep threat. But I'd rather have the kind of enforcer in the secondary that so many teams covet. The 6-1, 213-pound Barron is a player whom multiple teams will try to trade up to get.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/20/mock.draft/index.html#ixzz1sh6mQNEw

Kiper

1-Floyd

2-Jonathan Martin

3-Mychal Kendricks

If Kiper's first 3 rounds were our actual first 3 rounds I would jog Chesterfield County naked holding a Bills flag.

Love to know why he thinks Barron is needed by the Bills instead of another Alabama DB.

I watch Bama. Barron is a star. He covers, blitzes, has great hands, and hits like a truck on running plays.

Anybody who has read my posts knows that I dislike drafting defensive backs early. This kid however is going to be a fantastic player. Better than Kirkpatrick imo.

Despite the above, I hope that the Bills go OL or even LB. But if they draft this kid, I won't have a "Donte Whitner meltdown." :)

I watch Bama. Barron is a star. He covers, blitzes, has great hands, and hits like a truck on running plays.

Anybody who has read my posts knows that I dislike drafting defensive backs early. This kid however is going to be a fantastic player. Better than Kirkpatrick imo.

Despite the above, I hope that the Bills go OL or even LB. But if they draft this kid, I won't have a "Donte Whitner meltdown." :)

More proof that the Mayans were right... :flirt:

I'll try to remember this through the tears that will be welling up in my eyes if they pick Barron--if you aren't upset about drafting him with your hate for early DB's, then I should be willing to trust Chixey on the pick....

If that's the case, I can see Dallas trying to move up to get Barron for their 3rd? 4th? Something like that.

Also, the most likely trade down scenario for me is if Fletcher Cox is still on the board when it comes to us. We'd get more than a few calls I am guessing. Other than that....I don't see us taking a Safety. Not this close to the Whitner thing.

Given everything I have heard, and haven't, I think its Keuchly.

If that's the case, I can see Dallas trying to move up to get Barron for their 3rd? 4th? Something like that.

Also, the most likely trade down scenario for me is if Fletcher Cox is still on the board when it comes to us. We'd get more than a few calls I am guessing. Other than that....I don't see us taking a Safety. Not this close to the Whitner thing.

I prefer Gilmore but I think "the Whitner thing" makes it more likely we pick Barron. I'm sure Buddy will calm the fans by making assurances that we think Barron will be an All Pro like Whitner but that in this case we won't let him walk.

Hey if Bill from NY can handle Barron being drafted then I'm ok with the pick. Man, that must have been a hard choice Bill!O

Again, he isn't my top selection by any means. But we are not looking at a Donte Whitner here. This kid does it all.

Look at Trent Richardson. I can't wait to see where he goes, but consider him the anti-Spiller. He is a bruising, every down back with speed, blocking, and very good hands. I don't want him either at #10, but Greg Cossel calls him the best back to come out since Adrian Peterson.

It's all but impossible to predict what the Bills will do. Buddy is one for two wrt drafts. If he has another good one, we can contend for the wild card imo.

He's a safety. You simply don't burn a number ten overall pick on a safety or guard or tight end or any other low impact position. Safeties are used for backup support for CBs and LBs so it would be foolish to put that position ahead of either of the other two.

At ten overall you should be drafting QB, OT, WR, DE, DT or CB. Although not necessarily in that order.

Regarding Kuechly and the LB position, it's generally isn't a good practice to draft LBs at ten overall but if it's a choice between Barron and Kuechly I'm drafting Kuechly because he plays closer to the line and he'd have more impact on a game. It's so much easier to take a safety out of a game than a LB.

I think Buddy's board looks like this... Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon, Gilmore, Kuechly. I think the only reason they had Barron in for a visit was if they had drafted back into the twenties (this was when Barron was all over the mock boards and before the talk of Dallas taking him). Drafting Barron would be a huge mistake and like passing on Ngata, the would be would be kicking themselves for years to come.

Edited by 1billsfan

He's a safety. You simply don't burn a number ten overall pick on a safety or guard or tight end or any other low impact position. Safeties are used for backup support for CBs and LBs so it would be foolish to put that position ahead of either of the other two.

At ten overall you should be drafting QB, OT, WR, DE, DT or CB. Although not necessarily in that order.

Regarding Kuechly and the LB position, it's generally isn't a good practice to draft LBs at ten overall but if it's a choice between Barron and Kuechly I'm drafting Kuechly because he plays closer to the line and he'd have more impact on a game. It's so much easier to take a safety out of a game than a LB.

I think Buddy's board looks like this... Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon, Gilmore, Kuechly. I think the only reason they had Barron in for a visit was if they had drafted back into the twenties (this was when Barron was all over the mock boards and before the talk of Dallas taking him). Drafting Barron would be a huge mistake and like passing on Ngata, the would be would be kicking themselves for years to come.

Sorry, I tried to be, but apparently I was not specific enough. I do not want a db or rb at #10. I never have nor ever will. My point is that imo, Barron is WAY better than Whitner, and imo better than Byrd or Wilson.

Is this enough to make me want a safety at #10? No, it is not.

Sorry, I tried to be, but apparently I was not specific enough. I do not want a db or rb at #10. I never have nor ever will. My point is that imo, Barron is WAY better than Whitner, and imo better than Byrd or Wilson.

Is this enough to make me want a safety at #10? No, it is not.

Sorry, I gotcha now.

I know you don't want a DB, but having fortified our front seven the past two years I think Gilmore would shore up a key weak spot making our pass defense (in a pass happy league) even better. The DBs and the pass rushers work hand in hand in brining a QB to his knees. I'm sure your dream is to get Kalil but barring a trade up scenario it doesn't look promising and after him the value of LTs don't look close at all at ten overall.

I think the Bills pick will be Gilmore because I don't see Jacksonville going CB in round one. I know there's rumors, but that team has more pressing WR/DL needs to address. Also, Jacksonville could very well be the first team to trade out of their position for an extra pick.

Kiper

1-Floyd

2-Jonathan Martin

3-Mychal Kendricks

For once i hope Kiper is right. That would even be as good as getting Super Mario.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.