NFL Sunday Ticket cost reduced by 40%

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the other hand, you paid for a service and assuming they delivered it as promised, everyone wins. i understand the emotional aspect of 'someone else is getting what i paid for', but that happens all the time. it happens when you buy car before the next big sellathon. it happens when you just miss the two-for-one carrot sale at wegmans. it happens when you go to walmart and but a couple suit's before the big weekend sale. additionally, i'd think the theory of attracting new subscribers that otherwise wouldn't purchase the product would ultimately keep your cost down, at least in theory.

it's not free, by the way, if you have to pay for something else to get it. it's basic crack ho marketing. get 'em in, give 'em a taste and those that love 872 games of football every saturday and sunday are hooked, they sign up next year and so on. those that wouldn't have watched to begin with are largely inconsequential.

i have the ticket and am no fan of Direct TV customer service, by the way, and have a bigger issue with them deep discounting for those who complain than i do with the price they charge to begin with. if the cost of service is $199, make it $199. not $162.50 for some, $0 for others etc. the promotional discount for new subscribers, well, that's fine one way or the other.

My advice to you is wait until August, a thread on this board will pop up about getting the ticket for free, follow the instructions, be courteous but firm when you speak to DTV & you will get it for free also.

In the meantime, crack open a few beers on this beautifull spring day & chill out.

I got the ticket for free last season, after complaining that new customers got it for free and I, as a long standing customer, was getting hosed. I'll still probably wait until july or august and see if i can talk them down.

It is because of the 14 Thursday night games. Sunday ticket is Sunday ges only. No prime time. When I lived out of town I didnt have nfl network an still couldn't see the games. I was furious. Sunday loses 14 games now.

My advice to you is wait until August, a thread on this board will pop up about getting the ticket for free, follow the instructions, be courteous but firm when you speak to DTV & you will get it for free also.

In the meantime, crack open a few beers on this beautifull spring day & chill out.

what gave you the impression that i'm not pre-chilled?

Two years in a row I had to "remind them" that I'd paid for the service already and they needed to "flick the switch" to turn mine back on (usually done about 30 minutes prior to kickoff). Didn't have that problem last year, thankfully....

They used to have a channel available well before opening weekend that you could tune to and verify if they had you marked as a subscriber or not. It was right before the sunday ticket channels in the guide.

I talked to DTV today. Unless you shell out the extra $100 and pay $299. No Red Zone channel........

I thought Red Zone channel was part of the package. It was last year.

edit: just checked their site. Red Zone channel and 30 minute shorts are extra. That blows. Guess I'll be calling again.

Edited by nucci

I called DirecTV to make sure and the representative confirmed. There's two packages. $199.99 for all the games (including Game Mix) and $299.99 where all that they add is Red Zone and mobile and PC access (which I never use).

I watch every game at home if not at the stadium so I'm going with the $199.99 package.

If there was an emergency and I had to leave my house during the game I have dvr so I can just record and come back and watch it later.

Another nail in the coffin for coax cable delivery companies. I switched to DTV last year, and am happily rid of Time Warner and their crappy product.

Dat true !!! Switched to Direct TV 6 years ago and will never ever go back to cable...EVER !!! Cable here in Lancaster was always going out. Customer service was always a joke out of downtown Buffalo....dishonest and rude and for GOD's sake get some employees that can speak in intelligible English. Just the opposite with Direct TV, especially customer service which has always been top notch.

Good deal on the NFL package but have a question. When they mention mobile devices, is that just limited to phones or would that include laptops or ipads ? We will be in Puerto Rico for part of the season and local TV never broadcasts any of the weekly games; let alone the Bills so I have to come up with a way to get my Bills fix. Where we will be staying there is no Direct TV or ugh cable (so no high-speed internet, only dialup internet)So I will have to go wireless thru AT&T I guess unless anyone can give insight on another internet option. Thanks

Edited by LancasterSteve

I called DirecTV to make sure and the representative confirmed. There's two packages. $199.99 for all the games (including Game Mix) and $299.99 where all that they add is Red Zone and mobile and PC access (which I never use).

I watch every game at home if not at the stadium so I'm going with the $199.99 package.

If there was an emergency and I had to leave my house during the game I have dvr so I can just record and come back and watch it later.

Thanks made my other post before I saw yours

Should I go with Direct TV?

Someone make the decision for me.

Well, do you live outside of the Bills broadcast area? Yes.

Do you want to see Bills games every week? Yes.

Would you like to sit in your underwear as you watch Bills games? Mmmm, well, it's an option.

Take quick bathroom breaks as needed? Yes.

I have lived far from Buffalo for the last 20 years. I have had Sunday Ticket for about 15 years.

Really thought about cancelling last year after the league hosed up the off-season. But I stayed.

I can't wait to see "the baby" this year!

Mines on the roof, that got it high enough for a great signal.

You just need an uncluttered view to the satellites (somewhere over Houston, I guess).

My dish is on the roof. That is pretty common.