Did Buddy tip his hand?

JinWPB

Latest videos on Bills.com. they may have tipped their draft hand.

When asked about Wr; to paraphrase,we are deep but may take one later for competition.

About LT , we feel Hairston is a good starting LT for us but we need two for depth.

About Corner, we need a couple and if a shutdown corner were there we'd take him.

About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one.

What to make of it.I don't think there is a shutdown corner aka Revis, Peterson in this draft.

Highest rated impact player that could be there at 10.....most likely Luke Kuechly.

So I'm going

pick#10 1st Luke Kuechy ILB Boston college

pick#41 2nd Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

pick#71 3rd Lavonte David OSLB Nebraska

pick#105 4th Matt McCants OT UAB

pick#124 4th Orson Charles TE Georgia

pick#144 5th Justin Bethal CB Presbyterian

pick#147 5th Andrew Datko OT Florida State

pick#178 6th Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

pick#217 7th Nick Foles QB Arizona

pick#251 7th Josh Ogelsby OT Wisconson

As per Chris Brown:

Bills GM Buddy Nix, commented on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, who is visiting 1 Bills Drive on a pre-draft visit today.

Nix was asked if Kuechly is more than just a middle linebacker.

“He could play all three (LB spots) for us,” said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo’s 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

:

Edited by JinWPB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkins is a criminal. How 'bout Kuechly, Jayron Hosley, Brandon Mosley and Ryan Broyles?

How about we not be stupid and go with Jenkins who is 10X the play Hosley is. C'mon fans...let's draft the best players and not focus in irrelevant things. We're trying to make playoffs.

How about we not be stupid and go with Jenkins who is 10X the play Hosley is. C'mon fans...let's draft the best players and not focus in irrelevant things. We're trying to make playoffs.

Irrelevant? Have you not heard about Jenkins? I'm not just talking about the stuff that ran him from Fla...I'm talking about the day to day stuff people like Mike Lombardi are hearing from Scouts and Pro Personnel guys...Because the name they were using to compare Jenkins to the other night on The NFL Network, as far as off-the-field problems and red-flags coming into the Draft, was none other than Pac Man Jones...The feeling among some is that Jenkins keeps a bad crowd, and he does not really seem to care much who knows about it...So...Pass... B-)

The only thing Buddy tipped is the obvious. We need what, where we can find who, why Fitz throws the ball so quick ... This front office we have will be legendary if we draft good this year. I've never felt happier about having a GM have two losing seasons his first two years.

If I had to choose between Chan and Buddy I'd go with Buddy but they seem to both work together. Chan just needs to be a little more unique with his play calling and I don't mean unique like passing a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and inches.

The only thing Buddy tipped is the obvious. We need what, where we can find who, why Fitz throws the ball so quick ... This front office we have will be legendary if we draft good this year. I've never felt happier about having a GM have two losing seasons his first two years.

If I had to choose between Chan and Buddy I'd go with Buddy but they seem to both work together. Chan just needs to be a little more unique with his play calling and I don't mean unique like passing a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and inches.

which ends up being a duck 3 out of 4 times anyway.

In fairness to Chan I'm not sure that's his call.

What do you mean? He's the one calling the plays and won't hire a real offensive coordinator to add some difference to the playbook and he's the head coach. It's his call.

So I quess you missed out on the 10 years of unique play calling before Chan got here.

In fairness to Chan I'm not sure that's his call.

Good point. I'm willing to bet that EVERY TIME Fitz threw long on third and short, the receiver had man coverage. That was the hot read all season long and Fitz NEVER failed to take his shot. While I admire Fitz's guts, sometimes it's best to take the high percentage play and get the first down.

GO BILLS!!!

So I quess you missed out on the 10 years of unique play calling before Chan got here.

So where exactly did you read that I've been in love with the playcalling before Chan? You wanna pick an argument by blowing smoke through your exit hole.

My point to picking Buddy over Chan is that Chan is replaceable but a guy like Buddy is hard to find. No way does that mean I wish we had a new coach. I want to succeed WITH Chan. Not without.

Good point. I'm willing to bet that EVERY TIME Fitz threw long on third and short, the receiver had man coverage. That was the hot read all season long and Fitz NEVER failed to take his shot. While I admire Fitz's guts, sometimes it's best to take the high percentage play and get the first down.

GO BILLS!!!

The high percentage play is not a pass.

When asked about Wr; to paraphrase,we are deep but may take one later for competition.

About LT , we feel Hairston is a good starting LT for us but we need two for depth.

About Corner, we need a couple and if a shutdown corner were there we'd take him.

About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one.

What to make of it.I don't think there is a shutdown corner aka Revis, Peterson in this draft.

Highest rated impact player that could be there at 10.....most likely Luke Kuechly.

So I'm going

As per Chris Brown:

Bills GM Buddy Nix, commented on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, who is visiting 1 Bills Drive on a pre-draft visit today.

“He could play all three (LB spots) for us,” said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo’s 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

To paraphrase, Alshon Jeffery/Brian Quick.

Shutdown corner=Stephon Gilmore

Impact player that doesn't have to start year one= Melvin Ingram/Donta Hightower.

:

Could be part of some disinformation strategy.

Still, I'm gonna go on record as saying that this is NOT what I like to hear.

I just don't like the word "tip" in the title as it insinuates a negative connotation....Buddy simply stated out-right what the BILLS' intention is regarding acquiring talent. I don't think "tip" is the right word, he discussed their intentions, but overall I get what you mean..."impact" was the word that stood out to me as well....and this was surrounded by a discussion that was based in the BILLS not taking a player based on "need" but instead on the grading of the players available....in another post, CJ Spiller was discussed regarding this same basic thought....

1334782472[/url]' post='2440168']

So I'm going

As per Chris Brown:

"He could play all three (LB spots) for us," said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo's 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

:

Good luck landing Jenkins in the 2nd, David in the 3rd, Charles in the 4th and Mcnutt in the 6th

Great draft other than it being utterly impossible.