Did Buddy tip his hand?

JinWPB

The only thing Buddy tipped is the obvious. We need what, where we can find who, why Fitz throws the ball so quick ... This front office we have will be legendary if we draft good this year. I've never felt happier about having a GM have two losing seasons his first two years.

If I had to choose between Chan and Buddy I'd go with Buddy but they seem to both work together. Chan just needs to be a little more unique with his play calling and I don't mean unique like passing a 50 yard bomb on 3rd and inches.

He could be if he had a full deck to play with on offense. He had to cover for a giant hole at LT and several OL injuries, as well as lacking a top level WR and TE (beyond Stevie Johnson).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck landing Jenkins in the 2nd, David in the 3rd, Charles in the 4th and Mcnutt in the 6th

Great draft other than it being utterly impossible.

I think that exactly the RD that each of those players will be picked except McNutt, who'll likely go in RD3 now.

Could be part of some disinformation strategy.

Still, I'm gonna go on record as saying that this is NOT what I like to hear.

I respectfully disagree with your premise that #1 draft choices have to start as rookies. I think that you have to take the long-term view for these guys. While we all would like to see them pick a player who has tons of college experience and is "NFL ready", I think that there is room for discussion about a player who has a high "ceiling" and "hasn't reached his potential yet". Some guys, particularly DL, take a year or two to acclimate to the NFL/get big/strong-enough to play major roles. If I recall correctly, I don't think that Eric Moulds had a big impact/started as a rookie (nor even as a 2nd year player), but I think we would all agree that he was a very good draft pick. Tom Brady started 0 games and appeared in just 3 as a rookie. Now, I admit that you could argue that he wasn't a 1st round pick, but he has had a "pretty good" career in spite of not starting and making an impact as a rookie - any NFL team would happily retroactively use their #1 pick on him, even knowing that he wouldn't start as a rookie.

Good luck landing Jenkins in the 2nd, David in the 3rd, Charles in the 4th and Mcnutt in the 6th

Great draft other than it being utterly impossible.

Actually pretty close to the Draftek mock as to what round the players go in except which team makes the pick.So it's probably not that impossible.

How about we not be stupid and go with Jenkins who is 10X the play Hosley is. C'mon fans...let's draft the best players and not focus in irrelevant things. We're trying to make playoffs.

I'm all about talent, but Jenkins is no good man. I try to refrain passing judgment on people whom I've never met, but the word is out on this kid. He makes bad decision after bad decision.

Latest videos on Bills.com. they may have tipped their draft hand.

When asked about Wr; to paraphrase,we are deep but may take one later for competition.

About LT , we feel Hairston is a good starting LT for us but we need two for depth.

About Corner, we need a couple and if a shutdown corner were there we'd take him.

About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one.

What to make of it.I don't think there is a shutdown corner aka Revis, Peterson in this draft.

Highest rated impact player that could be there at 10.....most likely Luke Kuechly.

So I'm going

pick#10 1st Luke Kuechy ILB Boston college

pick#41 2nd Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

pick#71 3rd Lavonte David OSLB Nebraska

pick#105 4th Matt McCants OT UAB

pick#124 4th Orson Charles TE Georgia

pick#144 5th Justin Bethal CB Presbyterian

pick#147 5th Andrew Datko OT Florida State

pick#178 6th Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

pick#217 7th Nick Foles QB Arizona

pick#251 7th Josh Ogelsby OT Wisconson

As per Chris Brown:

Bills GM Buddy Nix, commented on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, who is visiting 1 Bills Drive on a pre-draft visit today.

Nix was asked if Kuechly is more than just a middle linebacker.

“He could play all three (LB spots) for us,” said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo’s 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

:

I'd pray to god he'd start though. No?

OK .....To me Janoris Jenkins is a kid who has made some bad choices but.... if you think you could have a player that might turn out like a combination of Ronnie Lott and Lester Hayes in the 2nd would you pass on him because of that.I quess Ray Lewis would not make your team either.

and yes Kuechy will start somewhere at LB day 1 .

OK .....To me Janoris Jenkins is a kid who has made some bad choices but.... if you think you could have a player that might turn out like a combination of Ronnie Lott and Lester Hayes in the 2nd would you pass on him because of that.I quess Ray Lewis would not make your team either.

and yes Kuechy will start somewhere at LB day 1 .

I think the question is: "what is the probability that Jenkins will melt-down and not be available to my team because of suspensions, jail-time, or not "tending to business" as an NFL player? If you are SURE that he'll be a great NFL player, if he can stay out of trouble and be available to your team AND if you think his probability of staying out of trouble is about 50%, then it is an interesting question regarding drafting him in round 2.

I think the question is: "what is the probability that Jenkins will melt-down and not be available to my team because of suspensions, jail-time, or not "tending to business" as an NFL player? If you are SURE that he'll be a great NFL player, if he can stay out of trouble and be available to your team AND if you think his probability of staying out of trouble is about 50%, then it is an interesting question regarding drafting him in round 2.

Jenoris Jenkins can cross Buffalo off List of suitors: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18654596/janoris-jenkins-can-scratch-buffalo-off-list-of-suitors

For example, on the topic of North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins, a player some teams won't even include in their final draft board, Nix signaled the Bills are likely to avoid the smoke, fire and off-field worries that come with adding a player with Jenkins' history.

"You know I just would not get into that," Nix said. "But if you mean whether we'll take him or not ... ability-wise obviously you would. This is a political answer I'm fixing to give you, but otherwise you wouldn't. You get enough trouble without getting one that you know is a problem."

How about we not be stupid and go with Jenkins who is 10X the play Hosley is. C'mon fans...let's draft the best players and not focus in irrelevant things. We're trying to make playoffs.

Suspension and or prison is a real possibility with Jenkins. That's relevant.

Suspension and or prison is a real possibility with Jenkins. That's relevant.

Yup.

I would rather take a flyer (6th rounder) on Talib because I know he can play. But then again, with his hearing in June he'll probably be suspended for a couple of games this year.

"About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one."

you usually don't hear a LT described as an "impact" position.....

"impact" to me means on offense someone who scores.....and on defense someone who gets sacks or turnovers.

up til now i was thinkin we take at LT (REIFF)...but after hearing that....

"impact" players at #10 would be Floyd (WR) on offense and Ingram (LB/DE)on defense.

taking into consideration that i think ingram will be gone and the bills tipped their hand with free agent WR meachem...

i say FLOYD is the pick at #10........and they hope like hell to get a LT with their 2nd pick.

What I got from watching the Nix clip was this: fans should not consider it out of the question if the Bills found a player at 10 who would, in their opinion, provide the team with the most impact, but who plays a position that the Bills are strong at already.

I say this because Nix said,

1. The 10 pick should not only be a starter, but an impact player

2. Kind of contrary, now, to the starter statement - the player isn't guaranteed a spot on the field right away; that the Bills like to let the players compete. This tells me the position might be one where the Bills already have good players.

What positions does this sound like a good match for? Defensive Tackle or End, as Mark Anderson could be seen as a rotational end. Offensive Guard.

Now, basically, Nix just opened up all the positions on the field, now, for sufficient debate. I agree that it will be best player available - and I'm glad that they'll take that player even if they have strength there.

People like you are sick. Jenkins is a flat out thug punk. Michael Floyd is 100x less a worry than that guy. Unreal.

Sick as in alcoholism is a disease? or sick as in pot is an addiction like tobacco( which it is not)?

I wouldn't make specific statements about Janoris's personel character unless you're on first name basis with Janoris.

If anyone is interested they may want to see THIS.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/SPORTS0101/204180417/1004/

Edited by JinWPB

Sick as in alcoholism is a disease? or sick as in pot is an addiction like tobacco( which it is not)?

I wouldn't make specific statements about Janoris's personel character unless you're on first name basis with Janoris.

I would be very leery of either Floyd or Jenkins. That being said, Floyd did reportedly clean up his act for his final year and reportedly has stayed out of trouble, which is encouraging. Jenkins, on the other hand, reportedly kept smoking pot at Northern Alabama after being kicked out of U of Florida ( a major feat in an of itself - how much of a problem would a top athlete like Jenkins need to be to get kicked out of U of Florida?)

Note that I am not making a distinction between problems with alcohol or pot, just that one guy seemed to be making good decisions in his last year (after poor decisions earlier) and the other kept on making poor decisions as if they couldn't affect his future.

Edited by OldTimer1960

I would be very leery of either Floyd or Jenkins. That being said, Floyd did reportedly clean up his act for his final year and reportedly has stayed out of trouble, which is encouraging. Jenkins, on the other hand, reportedly kept smoking pot at Northern Alabama after being kicked out of U of Florida ( a major feat in an of itself - how much of a problem would a top athlete like Jenkins need to be to get kicked out of U of Florida?)

Note that I am not making a distinction between problems with alcohol or pot, just that one guy seemed to be making good decisions in his last year (after poor decisions earlier) and the other kept on making poor decisions as if they couldn't affect his future.

yOU DIDN'T CLICK HERE http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/SPORTS0101/204180417/1004/

I hate to say this as I really don't want it to happen but tannehill fits the description pretty well. Could be considered an impact position for sure and one that doesn't need to start right away. I hope that's not it but I'm more nervous about the possibility than I was yesterday.

Odd, as he never told coach about his kids even, that they'd be so confident in anything else he told them. Unless, I suppose, they have an interest in saying he was good.

What I got from watching the Nix clip was this: fans should not consider it out of the question if the Bills found a player at 10 who would, in their opinion, provide the team with the most impact, but who plays a position that the Bills are strong at already.

I say this because Nix said,

1. The 10 pick should not only be a starter, but an impact player

2. Kind of contrary, now, to the starter statement - the player isn't guaranteed a spot on the field right away; that the Bills like to let the players compete. This tells me the position might be one where the Bills already have good players.

What positions does this sound like a good match for? Defensive Tackle or End, as Mark Anderson could be seen as a rotational end. Offensive Guard.

Now, basically, Nix just opened up all the positions on the field, now, for sufficient debate. I agree that it will be best player available - and I'm glad that they'll take that player even if they have strength there.

I dont mean to be argumentative or say that you're wrong, because I could be way off here myself, but I interpreted those statements differently. I think the mentions of competition in different areas was less of an indicator of their perception of strength, but more an indicator of Nix and Whaley not wanting to throw any of their current players under the bus.

Can you imagine if they sat at the presser and said, "Kirk Morrison sucks, so we HAVE to get an LB early to take over that spot," or "Do you guys really think we are okay with DAVID JONES goin out there opposite Stevie?" I'm not saying that they think those things, but I just interpreted the statements as more or less standard PC stuff.

I do agree with you that Buddy seems to be clear that he wont reach for a need and pretty much any position is an option, but not based on those statements alone...

arrgh! like I said in another thread, I want Floyd so I'm trying to construe everything to fit with Floyd being the pick