ewwww...just wrote a check to the irs

tennesseeboy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you feel any better about paying your taxes, just tell yourself that all of your money went to teachers and roads and investments in the future.

The Columbian Hookers, bank bailouts, Green Tech® handouts, and wasted Stimulous® funds were paid by greedy rich people or borrowed from China

If it makes you feel any better about paying your taxes, just tell yourself that all of your money went to teachers and roads and investments in the future.

The Columbian Hookers, bank bailouts, Green Tech® handouts, and wasted Stimulous® funds were paid by greedy rich people or borrowed from China

nah....the greedy rich people didn't pay any taxes. I'm not all that upset about the hookers...at least they gave an honest days work and provided a service as opposed to most of the other government contractors.

We owed a bit this year, but I'd much rather owe a little or just break even. Getting a big refund equates to an interest-free loan for the government all year. Say you get a $1,000 refund. I'd much rather just put that $83 per month to work for me over the course of the year.

Have used mine for many years on some very complex issues. Believe me, if I could find an honest accountant who could get the tax bill down more I'd go to him or her. I'm pretty sure my guy has done the best he can.

Difference between financial planning and accounting.

One is after the fact, one is before.

When are you silly people going to just buy a farm? Sure, you may spend a few million getting it going and $50k a year keeping it going, but when you get that $5k back from the IRS, well it's like winning the lottery!

Oh, and from talking to them this year, next year gets even better as some of the "new" things we've done begin to get wrote off. 2014 will be the big year, deducting all new fences, 3 new buildings, and my F350.

Edited by jboyst62

nah....the greedy rich people didn't pay any taxes. I'm not all that upset about the hookers...at least they gave an honest days work and provided a service as opposed to most of the other government contractors.

Sadly, as a government contractor, I completely agree with this statement.

I somehow managed to owe the federal government almost exactly as much as the state of Maryland owes me. Weird.

Im not sure what Im doing right, but I make a pretty decent living, have no dependents, am not married, and have never owed taxes. As a matter of fact, 2011 was my highest salary year, and I ended up with my highest tax refund ever (over $3500).

I do claim a "1" so they withhold more. Maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe Obama just likes me? Maybe I should shut up before they change their minds?

The one time in my life I had to do that I really hated it. I adjusted my withholdings to prevent it from happening again. I get it when people say that thats an interest free loan to the government, but mentally I would just much rather have them hold some of my money during the year than have to give them a chunk all at once.

Im not sure what Im doing right, but I make a pretty decent living, have no dependents, am not married, and have never owed taxes. As a matter of fact, 2011 was my highest salary year, and I ended up with my highest tax refund ever (over $3500).

I do claim a "1" so they withhold more. Maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe Obama just likes me? Maybe I should shut up before they change their minds?

I'll tell you what you're doing wrong: giving the federal government an interest-free loan. $3500 last year.

Every year, I review mine and my wife's deductions. My goal each April 15th is to not get any money back, and owe the IRS less than $500.

I'll tell you what you're doing wrong: giving the federal government an interest-free loan. $3500 last year.

Every year, I review mine and my wife's deductions. My goal each April 15th is to not get any money back, and owe the IRS less than $500.

Interest free loan? I get what you are saying, but it's not like I'd make much more with it in a Savings account (most banks offer 1% at best). And Im not scrounging to the point that I desperately need that extra money. After being your typical, stupid, material-driven American teenager consumer, I've learned how to live WELL within my means. To the point I could easily survive on half my current salary if need be.

Id rather have the Govt hold onto that money as a forced savings account. Im much better at managing that lump sum smartly, than a little bit each month. Now I get to replace my washer/dryer, AND put a couple grand bonus into my savings.

To each his own I guess, this way works for me.

Didn't know you were married, much less that you were having marriage troubles.

Hahaha very good. Saddest part is that the last few girls Ive dated were raised so spoiled that they didnt even know how to work a washer or dryer. And we're talking about females in their mid to late 20s. They just drop their laundry off at home every week and it "gets done".

Not that it's "women's work", but rather necessary for living as a person in society. One of the worst issues facing the younger generation, imo. All these females (and males) being raised as "little princesses" that dont have anything to bring to the table. Last gf didnt know how to pump gas when I first met her because Daddy fills it up every week for her (and pays for it... at 26 years old).

But I digress...

Edited by DrDareustein

Interest free loan? I get what you are saying, but it's not like I'd make much more with it in a Savings account (most banks offer 1% at best). And Im not scrounging to the point that I desperately need that extra money. After being your typical, stupid, material-driven American teenager consumer, I've learned how to live WELL within my means. To the point I could easily survive on half my current salary if need be.

Id rather have the Govt hold onto that money as a forced savings account. Im much better at managing that lump sum smartly, than a little bit each month. Now I get to replace my washer/dryer, AND put a couple grand bonus into my savings.

To each his own I guess, this way works for me.

How about you give me that $3500 every year and I'll give it back on April 15th?