ewwww...just wrote a check to the irs

tennesseeboy

Hahaha very good. Saddest part is that the last few girls Ive dated were raised so spoiled that they didnt even know how to work a washer or dryer. And we're talking about females in their mid to late 20s.

Not that it's "women's work", but rather necessary for living as a person in society. One of the worst issues facing the younger generation, imo. All these females (and males) being raised as "little princesses" that dont have anything to bring to the table. Last gf didnt know how to pump gas when I first met her because Daddy fills it up every week for her (and pays for it... at 26 years old).

But I digress...

Meanwhile I started doing my own laundry at 15 because I didn't trust my parents to do it right. :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile I started doing my own laundry at 15 because I didn't trust my parents to do it right. :lol:

I was the same way! Even crazier is that these girls consider themselves "fashionistas" and spend way too much money on clothing, yet they'll just throw it all in together at whatever setting and ruin their favorite items. No big deal though since Daddy will give them the credit card for the mall whenever they pout. The line that always got me in trouble: "Honey, you're almost 30, this needs to stop".

Interest free loan? I get what you are saying, but it's not like I'd make much more with it in a Savings account (most banks offer 1% at best). And Im not scrounging to the point that I desperately need that extra money. After being your typical, stupid, material-driven American teenager consumer, I've learned how to live WELL within my means. To the point I could easily survive on half my current salary if need be.

Id rather have the Govt hold onto that money as a forced savings account. Im much better at managing that lump sum smartly, than a little bit each month. Now I get to replace my washer/dryer, AND put a couple grand bonus into my savings.

To each his own I guess, this way works for me.

Instead of getting a refund, put $250 a month into an IRA. Not only are you not giving the government an interest-free loan, you get a tax deduction for the money you're not loaning them. That's an immediate 10-30% return right there. Or, even better, into a 401k with an employer match - tax deduction, AND maybe 50 cents on the dollar for the match. You can keep that in a money market, and still get a great return on the match alone.

Anyone who's getting a $3k refund from the government every year is missing out on the chance to retire early and well-off.

Instead of getting a refund, put $250 a month into an IRA. Not only are you not giving the government an interest-free loan, you get a tax deduction for the money you're not loaning them. That's an immediate 10-30% return right there. Or, even better, into a 401k with an employer match - tax deduction, AND maybe 50 cents on the dollar for the match. You can keep that in a money market, and still get a great return on the match alone.

Anyone who's getting a $3k refund from the government every year is missing out on the chance to retire early and well-off.

Point taken. Im definitely willing to look into it. Thanks for the heads-up.

This is the first year my return has been this high. Usually it's been $1000-2000, but your point still stands.

But if everyone stops giving the government interest free loans, they'll be losing out on tons of money and will just raise taxes again.... ;)

Point taken. Im definitely willing to look into it. Thanks for the heads-up.

This is the first year my return has been this high. Usually it's been $1000-2000, but your point still stands.

I like to end up just on the safe end, shoot for a refund of a few hundred. Typically hits the bank account right when I owe first payment for season tix. Never over 1000, but never end up with a tax bill and ticket invoice at the same time. Not ideal but convenient.

Hey man chill out. You think it would be cheap starting a war and occupying a country looking for weapons that aren't there ? If you think a trillion was a lot in Iraq wait until we go into Iran. Now get back to work someone needs to pay for it

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'd like to meet some of the people that H and R Block claims get an average of 1000$ back on their return. At least congress stepped up and repealed the Buffett tax. God forbid everyone should pay their fair share. Say, who backs these congressmen anyway?

look when all is said and done we have a crisis on our hands. We can't even afford to pay $47.00 for a Colombian Hooker.

That's really the only part of the story that I find upsetting. My taxes are paying for a secret service agent who is so !@#$ing stupid that he's going to lose his job and pension (and for a bunch of his buddies) because he refused to pay his hooker $47?!?!? How could someone be that clueless and be in charge of the safety of the POTUS???

I could give a rats ass if these guys are nailing Columbia hookers (who wouldn't, Columbian women are hot), but anyone who lacks that much common sense deserves to be beaten senseless.

Hahaha very good. Saddest part is that the last few girls Ive dated were raised so spoiled that they didnt even know how to work a washer or dryer. And we're talking about females in their mid to late 20s. They just drop their laundry off at home every week and it "gets done".

Not that it's "women's work", but rather necessary for living as a person in society. One of the worst issues facing the younger generation, imo. All these females (and males) being raised as "little princesses" that dont have anything to bring to the table. Last gf didnt know how to pump gas when I first met her because Daddy fills it up every week for her (and pays for it... at 26 years old).

But I digress...

That's ridiculous. I have my kid starting to do her own laundry now (with supervision, those clothes from Justice are TOO expensive to have her shrink or fade lol).

That's really the only part of the story that I find upsetting. My taxes are paying for a secret service agent who is so !@#$ing stupid that he's going to lose his job and pension (and for a bunch of his buddies) because he refused to pay his hooker $47?!?!? How could someone be that clueless and be in charge of the safety of the POTUS???

I could give a rats ass if these guys are nailing Columbia hookers (who wouldn't, Columbian women are hot), but anyone who lacks that much common sense deserves to be beaten senseless.

My first thought when I heard the story: How dumb do you have to be to nail Colombian (not "Columbian") hookers on the sly, then draw attention to it by making a scene about paying them?

I'd like to meet some of the people that H and R Block claims get an average of 1000$ back on their return. At least congress stepped up and repealed the Buffett tax. God forbid everyone should pay their fair share. Say, who backs these congressmen anyway?

Not so easy there dib, and i am one who gets absolutely crushed by taxes. Between the wife and I, pretty high earners, but both on W-2s, with very little writoffs and getting absolutely slammed by an AMT tax that beats more Americans than either party is willing to confess, cuase we aint poor..but we sure as hell ain't rich.

Beating up rich people makes for good headlines, but does nothing to address the problem.

That's ridiculous. I have my kid starting to do her own laundry now (with supervision, those clothes from Justice are TOO expensive to have her shrink or fade lol).

My soon to be 13 year old daughter has laundr duty ever Saturday..not really a big deal with modern washers

Edited by plenzmd1

I always wondered that too, and I believe I figured it out. Not surprisingly, it is tricky advertising.

When they show people that say "H&R Block got me back $1500", they do not mean in Refund. They are referring to an additional $1500 in deductions.

Or use an IRA to avoid paying taxes. When HR Block was done with mine, I owed $1,000. Took out a large enough IRA to break even on my taxes.

By the way HRB is as dumb as a block. On stock sales she mixed up my basis cost and sell price, and I had to point out the IRA opportunity to her when she said there was nothing I could do to avoid paying

I read that the girl was actually demanding $170. She must have realized it was the federal govt. and decided a $47 humpty hump was worth $170 to the federal govt.

They should drag the hookers in front of Congress to testify about the waste, then. Just like they did the GSA.

Definition of irony: Congress hearing testimony from prostitutes. :w00t:

basically tax time is BOHICA

bend over, here it comes again

I'm all for them as long as everyone pays their fair share.

The problem is that "fair share" is never fairly defined.

I usually end up owing the Feds a grand or so. Like Tom, basically what i get back from State goes right to Federal. The part that baffles me is that they always throw on the estimated payments they suggest I make quarterly (4K each), so I won't owe them the grand each year. All this to avoid potential "penalties." So basically I give them an extra 12K on top of what I currently pay in taxes and they'll happily refund me 11 of it back.

Edited by Kevbeau