my biggest fear

i like fitz but is he our tony romo? good but not great, can he take us all the way, its a make or break year for him and i hope he has worked on his arm strength so he can throw the log ball better and he can take us to the playoffs and someday the Superbowl ........ GO BILLS!!!

i like fitz but is he our tony romo? good but not great, can he take us all the way, its a make or break year for him and i hope he has worked on his arm strength so he can throw the log ball better and he can take us to the playoffs and someday the Superbowl ........ GO BILLS!!!

Tony Romo? We could only hope. What has he shown to make us think he is half of Romo? And being a human chia pet is funny and all but does not bring touchdowns.

I wouldn't want Romo as our QB, so I really don't want Fitz, who is about half as good as Romo, as our QB. Since I don't have a choice in the matter, I think that I would rather have the option of sticking with Fitz this upcoming year and seeing what he can do with a pretty decent Defense helping him out. I don't think Romo, even with a good D and talent around him is going to get any better than what you have seen out of him.

So, for now, I will see what Fitz can do with what the potential D and possible draft choices helping him out

I like the comparison because it let me know immediately that you are out of your mind. Romo is a true franchise QB, and likely a top ten QB, who is constantly undervalued by arm chair GMs, spoiled Cowboy fans, and lazy reporters just looking for something to write about. I would be making my playoff plans now if Romo was the Bills QB and if Fitz can even comes close to playing as well as Romo for the entirety of this season then the Bills playoff drought ends this year. Unfortunately, Fitz isn't Buffalo's Romo...he's Buffalo's Fitz which is much, much worse. That said I still hold out hope that he can be the Bills Rypen or Hostetler or Sims, and be just good enough to finally get the Bills back into the playoffs.

Nice post nucci...& thanks for the trip down memory lane! That sure was pretty! Looked to be about 52 or 53 yards in the air & right on the money! KS...care to edit your post?

Unfortunately we have to go back in history to find that type of pass. Most other starting QB's have several during each year. Ahhh ...The difference between a top QB and a journeyman. I just wish we would attempt a new journey and let Fitz start on another journey sooner rather than later. When you have 0 % chance to win a Superbowl with this QB you should continually search and not be satisfied with mediocrity. Too many dumb mistakes without the accuracy to compensate. That's why we shouldn't draft Kirk Cousins. Both are book smart and have a very low football I.Q.

youtube.com/watch?v=sfAHZ4KJ5uE

Well done :thumbsup: Also that pass that Stevie dropped against the Steelers 2 years ago was a BEAUTIFUL throw from Fitz that went for more than 50 yards in the clutch. People on this board seem to complain just to complain and its really annoying. Be thankful we have Fitz and not Losman, Holcomb, Edwards, etc. Fitz is not the greatest by any means and is inconsistent with the deep ball (NYG game :doh:) but, as he showed in the first half of the season, he is solid and can win with a strong supporting cast. A LOT of his INT's last year came because he had to force passes because NO ONE was getting open and the Bills pass defense was horrendous (i think it was because of absolutely no pass rush which, hopefully, will actually be a strength this year) so they were constantly down early making him have to force passes that werent open in order to create offense that simply wasnt there. He needs better receivers next to Stevie and Fred needs to stay healthy. This year is critical for Fitzpatrick as the Bills now seem to have the necessary pieces to make a legitimate playoff run, especially if they have another strong draft. As long as the Bills dont suffer major injuries (although history shows that they will suffer many :wallbash: because of pure bad luck) he should be expected to get the Bills to the playoffs and I think he is good enough to do it.

And im SO tired of this BS that certain QB's aren't good enough to get to/win a Super Bowl and are only good enough to go to the playoffs. NEWSFLASH: the playoffs are only 3 to 4 games long and as far as im concerned any team can get hot and win 3 or 4 in a row. Once your in your IN and anything can happen. A lot of what happens in the playoffs is luck its not all predetermined based on ranking and skill level. The Packers were a much better team last year than they were in 2010/11 but they won that year and not 2011/12. Were the 6th seed 2010/11 Packers more worthy than the 1st seed 2011/2012 Packers to win the Superbowl? No. But what happened? The Giants were the the team with the worst record in the NFC and won the Superbowl. And before Eli Manning won his first SB in 07/08 people non-stop were saying he wasnt good enough to win one since he wasnt one of the best QB's statistically. Look how that turned out... And now that the Bills have revamped the defensive line to make it, on paper, a dominant group (the D-line has been one of the undeniable keys to the Giants success), there is no reason to believe that Fitz is incapable of achieving a Superbowl victory with the Bills in a similar fashion to how Eli did with the Giants

Edited by DUTE

1334342846[/url]' post='2436203']

Well done :thumbsup: Also that pass that Stevie dropped against the Steelers 2 years ago was a BEAUTIFUL throw from Fitz that went for more than 50 yards in the clutch. People on this board seem to complain just to complain and its really annoying. Be thankful we have Fitz and not Losman, Holcomb, Edwards, etc. Fitz is not the greatest by any means and is inconsistent with the deep ball (NYG game :doh:) but, as he showed in the first half of the season, he is solid and can win with a strong supporting cast. A LOT of his INT's last year came because he had to force passes because NO ONE was getting open and the Bills pass defense was horrendous (i think it was because of absolutely no pass rush which, hopefully, will actually be a strength this year) so they were constantly down early making him have to force passes that werent open in order to create offense that simply wasnt there. He needs better receivers next to Stevie and Fred needs to stay healthy. This year is critical for Fitzpatrick as the Bills now seem to have the necessary pieces to make a legitimate playoff run, especially if they have another strong draft. As long as the Bills dont suffer major injuries (although history shows that they will suffer many :wallbash: because of pure bad luck) he should be expected to get the Bills to the playoffs and I think he is good enough to do it.

And im SO tired of this BS that certain QB's aren't good enough to get to/win a Super Bowl and are only good enough to go to the playoffs. NEWSFLASH: the playoffs are only 3 to 4 games long and as far as im concerned any team can get hot and win 3 or 4 in a row. Once your in your IN and anything can happen. A lot of what happens in the playoffs is luck its not all predetermined based on ranking and skill level. The Packers were a much better team last year than they were in 2010/11 but they won that year and not 2011/12. Were the 6th seed 2010/11 Packers more worthy than the 1st seed 2011/2012 Packers to win the Superbowl? No. But what happened? The Giants were the the team with the worst record in the NFC and won the Superbowl. And before Eli Manning won his first SB in 07/08 people non-stop were saying he wasnt good enough to win one since he wasnt one of the best QB's statistically. Look how that turned out... And now that the Bills have revamped the defensive line to make it, on paper, a dominant group (the D-line has been one of the undeniable keys to the Giants success), there is no reason to believe that Fitz is incapable of achieving a Superbowl victory with the Bills in a similar fashion to how Eli did with the Giants

There's no reason to believe he can IMO. Sure, there's a "chance", but it's slim to none in my book. Prior to Eli winning his first, he was still a good qb. He had winning seasons and can make ALL the throws consistantly. Fitz on the other hand, has 0 winning season and has trouble throwing the 15-25 yard and deep ball consistantly (yes, it's true). If there's no reason to believe that fitz is incapable of winning a SB, the same can be said of every QB in the league that has a competitive defense. He has accomplished absolutely nothing, minus a player of the month award. He's shown flashes of some really good things. So has Tyler thigpen.