Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy

This reflects how the average American thinks of "rich"= high income, when in reality you are only as rich as the amount you SAVE. I have a few friends and neighbors who are just like Sapp on a smaller scale, all the latest toys, high dollar cars etc. and not a pot to piss in outside all the flash.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Sapp, a future Hall of Famer and current NFL Network analyst, has filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida on claims he racked up millions in debt to several creditors.

Sapp owes more than $6.7 million in debt to creditors and back child support and alimony. The outstanding amount outweighs Sapp’s 6.45 million in assets, which will be liquidated as a result of his filing for Chapter 7.

Sapp lists his current income as $45,000 per month from NFL Network. His contract with the network expires in August 2012. Over a 12-year NFL career, Sapp made well over $40 million with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-06/warren-sapp-files-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy-tampa-bay-buccaneers-oakland-raiders#ixzz1rJXJIjVU

Do any of these guys know how to save and live responsibly?

Owens, Cecil Fielder, Lenny Dykstra, Warren Sapp.

He went bankrupt with NFL contracts and an NFL network contract worth 45K a month? 45K a month 540K a year. What a tool.

If you analyze the way Sapp acts, it looks like he has anxiety. He probably wastes all his money on doctor visits and pills.

Do any of these guys know how to save and live responsibly?

Owens, Cecil Fielder, Lenny Dykstra, Warren Sapp.

He went bankrupt with NFL contracts and an NFL network contract worth 45K a month? 45K a month 540K a year. What a tool.

Dykstra definitely is a fool. I would never have expected this from Sapp to be honest with you. He seems childish and what not on the NFL Network but I figured since he's currently employed he would be managing his money better.

He should have went to Wu-Tang Financial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qid_WGBrQjA

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

This reflects how the average American thinks of "rich"= high income, when in reality you are only as rich as the amount you SAVE. I have a few friends and neighbors who are just like Sapp on a smaller scale, all the latest toys, high dollar cars etc. and not a pot to piss in outside all the flash.

You are correct that it is not just athletes. It is most of America that has this problem. That is a major reason the housing market collapsed. People buying houses that they couldn't afford on Interest Only loans.

The majority of the population of Buckhead Atlanta is, what we like to call, "$30,000/year Millionaires". Yuppies fresh out of college, with an entry level job (if theyre lucky), but they're also leasing a BMW, a condo they cant afford, and drop $1000/weekend at the bars so they look like a big shot.

It's very American to live outside of your means nowadays. It has gotten a little better since the market collapse, but for the most part people went right back to it.

Sometimes I wonder why we revere these guys so much. For the most part, they're a bunch of schmucks.

My experience has been that most of them are decent guys. It's the "Sapps" that stand out.

We just don't hear about the decent guys because they're not out doing stuff that gets attention.

After all, what's more "interesting"? A guy who saved his money after football, started a business, donates to charity and takes care of his kids, or a guy who has 12 kids, owes 14 million in child support and won't sign an autograph?

I think if I were a 20 year professional athlete I would get a vasectomy the day I signed the contract. No chance of bad judgement with some tramp ruining a little kids life/lives not to mention avaoiding financial liabilities.

You can always reverse once you grow up enough to think with the right head...

Sometimes I wonder why we revere these guys so much. For the most part, they're a bunch of schmucks.

I'm not sure there's that much revering going on.

Speaking for myself I have contempt for most of these guys… only a small few of them actually earn the money they make by studying their subjects thoroughly and providing real insights.

What I can't stand is a bunch of ex-jock has-beens sitting around a table laughing and saying absolutely nothing… bad jokes, lame insights, and the chronic misuse of the vocabulary mixed in with poor grammar and a parade of cliches.

I don't watch any of that crap… which is too bad because I'm missing the 1-2% who are actually good and add something.

You think Jeremy Shockey is enjoying this news?

I bet he's been smiling all day long.

No not if he seriously thought he could personally sue him, this is terrible. But I think that packer lineman he laid out with the late hit (whose probably solvent) might have cracked a smile

I think if you take any random 100 guys, or women for that matter, 10 are awesome, 20 are good, 40 are somewhere in the middle, 20 are schmucks, and 10 are worthless human beings. And professional athletes aren't really much different than any group or random group. There are endless cool and great professional athletes.

I think if you take any random 100 guys, or women for that matter, 10 are awesome, 20 are good, 40 are somewhere in the middle, 20 are schmucks, and 10 are worthless human beings. And professional athletes aren't really much different than any group or random group. There are endless cool and great professional athletes.

My momma raised me to be awesome. So far so good...

What a :censored: joke!!! when u make that much money you should not be able to get bailed out :wallbash:

I guess that Sapp is just "too big" to fail... :flirt:

This part I will have to disagree with - on a relative basis, he's better than most of the front people NFL Network hires.

Mind you, that's a REALLY LOW BAR.

I would have to agree. ESPN does an ok job finding its top notch talent, but suffers once you get past the 1st line.

The NFL Network, IMO, has abysmal hosts. Case in point, the guy with the ears....goes to show you how much of an impact they have as I can't remember the name...reminds me of a Ferengi out of Star Trek: The Next Generation, is horrible. What were they thinking with that hire? I don't want to mean to the guy, but...

And this is off topic...but I cannot understand why all of the networks can't find a really hot woman to either a.) be a sideline reporter, or b.) co-host one of the shows.

The NFL Network keeps hiring these run-down, unattractive women, and none of the networks (Fox, CBS, NFL, ABC/ ESPN) can hire anything worth looking at to handle the sidelines.

I'm almost to the point where the producers are literally saying "ok, it's time to hire a lady, but let's make sure that she is definitely not smokin' as it would just be too much of a distraction."

Would it kill them to find some hot women that can talk football?

Edited by Bruce