Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you like me and only trust the stadium wall?

Yes and in particular, Crayonz is one of my personal guiding lights.

And this is off topic...but I cannot understand why all of the networks can't find a really hot woman to either a.) be a sideline reporter, or b.) co-host one of the shows.

The NFL Network keeps hiring these run-down, unattractive women, and none of the networks (Fox, CBS, NFL, ABC/ ESPN) can hire anything worth looking at to handle the sidelines.

I'm almost to the point where the producers are literally saying "ok, it's time to hire a lady, but let's make sure that she is definitely not smokin' as it would just be too much of a distraction."

Would it kill them to find some hot women that can talk football?

This also is one of my pet peeves. Still nothing approaches Hannah Storm when she was in her prime.

I would probably watch some of these shows if the talent level was higher… and I ain't talking a PhD in journalism.

Warren Sapp, a future Hall of Famer and current NFL Network analyst, has filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida on claims he racked up millions in debt to several creditors.

Sapp owes more than $6.7 million in debt to creditors and back child support and alimony. The outstanding amount outweighs Sapp’s 6.45 million in assets, which will be liquidated as a result of his filing for Chapter 7.

Sapp lists his current income as $45,000 per month from NFL Network. His contract with the network expires in August 2012. Over a 12-year NFL career, Sapp made well over $40 million with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-06/warren-sapp-files-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy-tampa-bay-buccaneers-oakland-raiders#ixzz1rJXJIjVU

Actually, according to the article Sapp's average monthly income is $115,881. I didn't make that in 2009 and 2010 combined and I didn't have to declare bankruptcy.

I guess that Sapp is just "too big" to fail... :flirt:

I would have to agree. ESPN does an ok job finding its top notch talent, but suffers once you get past the 1st line.

The NFL Network, IMO, has abysmal hosts. Case in point, the guy with the ears....goes to show you how much of an impact they have as I can't remember the name...reminds me of a Ferengi out of Star Trek: The Next Generation, is horrible. What were they thinking with that hire? I don't want to mean to the guy, but...

And this is off topic...but I cannot understand why all of the networks can't find a really hot woman to either a.) be a sideline reporter, or b.) co-host one of the shows.

The NFL Network keeps hiring these run-down, unattractive women, and none of the networks (Fox, CBS, NFL, ABC/ ESPN) can hire anything worth looking at to handle the sidelines.

I'm almost to the point where the producers are literally saying "ok, it's time to hire a lady, but let's make sure that she is definitely not smokin' as it would just be too much of a distraction."

Would it kill them to find some hot women that can talk football?

Dude, I think it's Hanover Fist from Heavy Metal, before the Lok-Nar took over of course.

Say what you want about his attitude, but he was probably the best 4-3 DT ever. 330 lb guy, running a 4.69/40, nasty disposition, great technique and with a high motor who didn't take plays off .... wow.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mii03mX0soA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice. All super clean, super hard hits-Which I am coming to appreciate even more than I did in light of current events.

Say what you want about his attitude, but he was probably the best 4-3 DT ever. 330 lb guy, running a 4.69/40, nasty disposition, great technique and with a high motor who didn't take plays off .... wow.

No one can question whether he's one of the greatest of all time.

Nice. All super clean, super hard hits-Which I am coming to appreciate even more than I did in light of current events.

Interesting comments from Sapp along those lines:

"Not for one second would I sit in a room and listen to someone say, 'We're going to take out someone's ACL' without standing up and saying, 'What the hell are you talking about?' " he said. "The way you play defense isn't about malice. It's about putting you in fourth-and-more-than-you-can-handle."

Sapp continued with the subject via Twitter on Friday , telling his followers: "Dawg no coach ever talked like that! Its a kids game & we get a king's ransom to play it!"

Interesting comments from Sapp along those lines:

"Not for one second would I sit in a room and listen to someone say, 'We're going to take out someone's ACL' without standing up and saying, 'What the hell are you talking about?' " he said. "The way you play defense isn't about malice. It's about putting you in fourth-and-more-than-you-can-handle."

Sapp continued with the subject via Twitter on Friday , telling his followers: "Dawg no coach ever talked like that! Its a kids game & we get a king's ransom to play it!"

I can admire him even more for that. He could have have "Turkey Jones" any of those QB's on your clip, slamming their head in the ground. Never did. But he sure got em hearing footsteps. Plays like that are why I love the game.

That partly explains why Dungy's Tampa-2 worked so well. Judging by some posters enjoyment of Sapp's financial situation I am beginning to wonder about the character of TBD. :flirt: