Where does Fitzpatrick Rank?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1333725685[/url]' post='2431735']

According to NFL.com...

Rankings

24) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills: Look at his stats and you see a late-career bloomer. Look at his stats after his first 16 NFL games and you see why he's rounding out the bottom third. Defensive coordinators know how to slow him down. But he did go to Harvard, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he attempts to make his own adjustments this offseason. Here's my first tip: Don't grow the beard.

Its always a little disheartening to see this quarterback ranking and realize that as much as we like him, Fitz does fall in the bottom third of the league as far as QBs go. I look at that list and I cant even justify moving him up that list by more than maybe 1 or 2.

Looks about right to me.

Well Fitz is the guy so deal with it.

PTR

Exactly, there is no one out there that is available and better than Fitz. He gives it all and looks to be a good leader on and off the field. Also, his contract is pretty average for a QB signed in the last two years.

You would rather have the Raiders, Rams or Bears WR corps over ours? I think its a bit of a stretch to say that Fitz would be a top QB if his WRs were better.. Good quarterbacks make receivers better (see Brady, Brees, Manning)

I agree, except for Brady it would be Tight End and not receivers. He can't throw over ten yards consistently or accurately without Moss. They might have won their 4th bowl if he could. Poor Welker undeservedly gets all the blame.

Edited by hammie65

Things I've learned from this thread:

-the reason fitz threw so many interceptions is because our defense sucks. But that has nothing to do with why his yards and tds were so high.

-fitz is better than Eli.

-Brady can't throw the deep ball without randy moss.

-fitz can throw the deepball. Look at the one play vs the steelers.

-Fitz is better than Jack Kemp and Joe Ferguson.

-fitz is better the Andrew Luck.

I can't wait to learn more!!

According to NFL.com...

Rankings

24) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills: Look at his stats and you see a late-career bloomer. Look at his stats after his first 16 NFL games and you see why he's rounding out the bottom third. Defensive coordinators know how to slow him down. But he did go to Harvard, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he attempts to make his own adjustments this offseason. Here's my first tip: Don't grow the beard.

Its always a little disheartening to see this quarterback ranking and realize that as much as we like him, Fitz does fall in the bottom third of the league as far as QBs go. I look at that list and I cant even justify moving him up that list by more than maybe 1 or 2.

Hey maybe we can trade Fitz for Andrew Luck! LOL You have to admit that was funny, stupid but funny. Hope I at least made you smile a little. LOL

Buffalo has missed the playoffs for twelve straight years...There I can do it to!

===========================================================================================

OWOOOOGA! Kidprison, you be a HOTTIE! You must be from Tennessee, you're the only TEN I see.

-the reason fitz threw so many interceptions is because our defense sucks. But that has nothing to do with why his yards and tds were so high.

Oh, shush. When someone lays a turd in public, the thing to do is use a stick to push it unobtrusively into a small depression and cover it with dirt.

Of course, where Bills fans are concerned, one might argue large depressions are more commonly ready to hand

1333930077[/url]' post='2432907']

Oh, shush. When someone lays a turd in public, the thing to do is use a stick to push it unobtrusively into a small depression and cover it with dirt.

Of course, where Bills fans are concerned, one might argue large depressions are more commonly ready to hand

Or put flares around it so everyone can see.

I put him around 18-25.Which just shows how awful the QBing is in the NFL right now.

His last 9 games last year were sad---and he regressed.And don't give me the injuries excuses.I took that into account.

Still a fan of the guy---he is tough,gets rid of the ball quickly,can run...and is in no way shape or form a wuss.

LOL!! Oh the knowledge you gain from TBD.

there's 3 pages in this thread, and i'm sure 25 other pages worth of posts scattered across this board on this topic, so nothing i'm going to say is going to be ground breaking.

but.

these rankings are meaningless, not for the reasons that so typically spring to mind (which are all true,) but for the simple matter that they can change on a whim. for instance, if the bills make the playoffs, lose in the conference championship game, or even *gasp* win the super bowl, where does fitz rank then?

im assuming higher than 24.

but clearly for that to happen, so much more needs to fall into place - such as a good to great defense, a good to great offensive line, a favorable schedule, some fortuitous bounces of the ball, and less injuries than the buffalo bills typically accrue - ALL THINGS THAT RYAN FITZPATRICK CAN NOT CONTROL.

now, if you were to take the 32 starting qbs in the NFL, throw in a few backups, line them up at a combine, and have a draft, (career statistics and accomplishments aside) would fitzy really go 24th? IDK. i find that hard to believe. i think his smarts, ability to read defense, and qualities as a leader outweigh mitigating factors like..

the "long ball."

because, according to my eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=34aat0isP0I&feature=fvst

that's ryan fitzpatrick throwing a FREAKING frozen rope of a football FIFTY yards in the air, dead on target into stev13s hands, in a pressure packed instant, against the best team in the conference.

so, truthfully, i just shake my head when people say fitz can't throw long. i would be curious if the 23 quarterbacks listed above him could make THAT throw in THAT situation.

Fitz does throw a nice deep ball once in a while. The problem is that when Fitz uncorks a long ball, you have no idea what to expect. It might be a fluttering duck. It might travel to some place unintended. And it might actually land in the receivers hands. Sometimes it seems he's really straining and putting everything's he's got into the throw so it will have the distance. But his forced effort causes the ball to be erratic. Did you ever listen to him when he's wired? He grunts when he throws those frozen ropes. A stronger QB makes long throws look (& sound) effortless.

I like Fitz. That means I just live with the fact that his long throws are rolls of the dice.

I think its important to realize that these rankings are for the upcoming 2012 season.. it seems like a lot of people are complaining that there are rookies on this list because they didn't play in the NFL last year. Obviously if you're projecting 2012 you have to put these guys on the list and I think its fair that Luck and RGIII are ahead of Fitz. If anyone thinks Fitz deserves to be higher, why dont you post your new rankings and show us where he ends up? I'll start...

1. Brady

2. Rogers

3. Brees

4. P Manning

5. E Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Newton

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Cutler

11. Ryan

12. Romo

13. Vick

14. Flacco

15. Schaub

16. Luck

17. RGIII

18. Dalton

19. Freeman

20. Bradford

21. Locker

22. Fitzpatrick

23. Palmer

24. Smith

25. Ponder

26. Sanchez

27. Cassel

28. Flynn

29. Moore

30. Skelton

31. McCoy

32. Henne

To be clear.. this is a list for the 2012 season for the QBs I would want on my team going forward into the future.

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. E. Manning

5. P. Manning

6. Rivers

7. Luck

8. RG III

9. Rothlisberger

10. Vick

11. Flacco

12. Stafford