I like what I see!

Nothing earth shattering here. No great intellectual insights here. I'm just an old upper low class/lower middle class fan who, like many here, agonize over the ups and downs of this franchise for years (decades for me) now. I'll tell you what I find unexpectedly running thru my mind lately, and please if anyone else would like to add to it then be my guest.

First off, I like George Wilson.........a lot! I like the way he plays, I like his attitude and most of all I like the way his story, the way he went undrafted as a WR and now he's our starting SS and a darn good one at that!

I like our players, I think all of them. I can't think of one player on our team that I don't like. I like that we drafted Marcel Dareus. The guy is a beast and I hope that he plays his whole career for us. I think that he's just a good, hard working individual who, like many other players on our team, is and will be fiercely loyal to us and our community. I haven't seen any hints or traces of character issues with him on or off the field so far. Not to be judgemental or to negatively convict either of Detroit's DTs Suh and Fairly but as a fan I'd have to say that I would be pretty disappointed if Dareus was caught stomping on a guy' s face after a play was over or was failing a drug test.

I really dig the team chemistry. I think that these players for the most part really like being teammates and in my opinion that's huge. I think that Mr. Wilson really hit a homerun when he hired Buddy Nix & Co. And before I forget I think that Russ Brandon doesn't get enough credit or appreciation. I'm proud that he's a part of our organization and more importantly, I think that he is too. I heard him in an interview a few weeks ago. When he was asked about how and what he does and tells prospective free agents about playing for Buffalo and the community it will almost downright choke you up. I like that, I like that a lot!

I'm not on the payroll and I'm not being delusional looking thru rose colored glasses. I'm just an ordinary blue collar guy who has had a long love affair with his football team that has been mightily struggling for YEARS and these are just a few things that I've been noticing and/or realizing as of lately. Actually I could go on with more but I'm sure that some of you are going to find this post drippy enough but I sincerely mean what I said and I'm sure that I got my point across. Matter of fact I can sum it up with this. "It feels good to be a Bills' fan again!".

Go Bills!

Thanks SJBF, I really appreciate that! I saw the doctor today for the first time today and he really picked up my spirits. I'm really excited about the future of our team and I'm especially happy for our young fans. They are going to see and have a VERY good team that they can be proud of for years to come!

I like what I am reading! Good to see the OP back in good spirits.

I also agree that the vibe is undeniable, the Bills are on the rise. Sound decisions...improving culture among the players...growing enthusiasm by players wanting to be a Bill...no doubt that Buddy and Chan are building something real.

I just like the philosophy of the bills this offseason......

I think the biggest thing of it all is I am happy that I dont feel I was lied to by Buddy Nix....and mean...honestly lets just say it like it is....he has done EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO

- He has resigned our own core players (I honestly just dont think he considered Bell to be a part of that group) and I expect to see Freddie get his extension very soon.....every core quality player we had is now under contract.

- They identified the largest weakness on this team and addressed it....and man...they ADDRESSED IT....pass rush is the starting point of everything on defense.......if you can create it without trying to scheme to send extra defenders and then trying to disguise that......then you are going to be better in every area.....EVERYTHING will be better on this defense.....of course the DL will be better....but also the linebackers, the corners, the safeties......all of it

- THAT TRANSLATES OVER TO THE OFFENSE....if you know your defense is gonna get a stop....you are more patient...you run the ball......you throw the pass when you see it and not press....but MOST OF ALL.....your offense has more downs to attempt to score points.......

Its a new day in Buffalo....If the bills can secure their LT spot, resign Freddie, and come up with a 1a option outside receiver opposite Stevie...there is not telling what this team can do this year.

Nothing earth shattering here. No great intellectual insights here. I'm just an old upper low class/lower middle class fan who, like many here, agonize over the ups and downs of this franchise for years (decades for me) now. I'll tell you what I find unexpectedly running thru my mind lately, and please if anyone else would like to add to it then be my guest.

First off, I like George Wilson.........a lot! I like the way he plays, I like his attitude and most of all I like the way his story, the way he went undrafted as a WR and now he's our starting SS and a darn good one at that!

I like our players, I think all of them. I can't think of one player on our team that I don't like. I like that we drafted Marcel Dareus. The guy is a beast and I hope that he plays his whole career for us. I think that he's just a good, hard working individual who, like many other players on our team, is and will be fiercely loyal to us and our community. I haven't seen any hints or traces of character issues with him on or off the field so far. Not to be judgemental or to negatively convict either of Detroit's DTs Suh and Fairly but as a fan I'd have to say that I would be pretty disappointed if Dareus was caught stomping on a guy' s face after a play was over or was failing a drug test.

I really dig the team chemistry. I think that these players for the most part really like being teammates and in my opinion that's huge. I think that Mr. Wilson really hit a homerun when he hired Buddy Nix & Co. And before I forget I think that Russ Brandon doesn't get enough credit or appreciation. I'm proud that he's a part of our organization and more importantly, I think that he is too. I heard him in an interview a few weeks ago. When he was asked about how and what he does and tells prospective free agents about playing for Buffalo and the community it will almost downright choke you up. I like that, I like that a lot!

I'm not on the payroll and I'm not being delusional looking thru rose colored glasses. I'm just an ordinary blue collar guy who has had a long love affair with his football team that has been mightily struggling for YEARS and these are just a few things that I've been noticing and/or realizing as of lately. Actually I could go on with more but I'm sure that some of you are going to find this post drippy enough but I sincerely mean what I said and I'm sure that I got my point across. Matter of fact I can sum it up with this. "It feels good to be a Bills' fan again!".

Go Bills!

:thumbsup:

Right on, Tipster! Hopefully, now that Buddy's plan is coming together, we will see it translate into some success on the field. It will be awesome to be relevant again, and even better when we are winning in the playoffs! Go Bills!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I like what I am reading! Good to see the OP back in good spirits.

I also agree that the vibe is undeniable, the Bills are on the rise. Sound decisions...improving culture among the players...growing enthusiasm by players wanting to be a Bill...no doubt that Buddy and Chan are building something real.

For the first time in over a decade, we finally have management that knows football and not just the business end. We have a coach that leads by example and knows his stuff. Nix has the same skill set as Polian, but without the personality defect. I hope Chan sticks around till retirement in Buffalo. I'm glad we got him and his ability to mold atheletes into players has been wonderful to watch. Fitz who was non-plused about has shown remarkable improvement.

Ditto glad you're on the mend.

Nix and Gailey really do appear to have a good plan and the front office is burning some midnite oil and alot of Ralph's wallet to make it happen. I don't think I've felt this excited about the season since JK was playing.

I rewatched our close game against the SBC Giants a few days ago. As beat up as we were with injuries we schooled them on offense most of the game. We were one hurried red zone pass away from the win.

Take the roster we have now, pre-draft and healthy, we can beat anybody. The draft will be icying on the cake.

The 2012 schedule looks to be 12-4, 11-5 with any luck at all. Whooo hoo go Bills.

My breakout players for 2012, Marcus Easley WR( injuries and health problems behind, knows the playbook and Ryans game),Aaron Williams CB( with him playing opposite a healthy Terrance McGee I'd put our corners up against anyone., Jairus Byrd FS (with the new front end pressure, a repeat of rookie season stats),Shawm Merriman DE/OLB( finally stays healthy and vindicates the Bills faith in him, I mean come on he's only 27)

Optimistic, you bet, don't blame me yell at Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey.

Lots of stay away from injury there but how man years in a row can we lead the league in IR's.Luck has to hit us like lightning once in awhile.

Go Bills!

I'm not trying to be negative, because you were right about some things about this team, but this very attitude is a problem sometimes with Buffalo sports. Bill Belichick said it best, "You cannot fall in love with players," and I think Buffalo fans do this alot. I believe it happens more in hockey than in football, but Buffalo fans seem to want to keep hometown guys and 3rd string guys around because of their interaction with the community or their tenure with the team. Sometimes those guys need to go!! Guys on the Bills like Jasper or someone like that, and Sabres players like Roy, Kaletta, Gaustad (finally gone), and even Ruff just don't belong on the roster/staff. We absolutely robbed Nashville for the 1st rounder we got for Goose, and he has like 4 pts since he's left (last I checked). Ruff seems like a great coach now, but I'm tired of barely making 8th place and then losing in the 1st round every year. So like I said, I do think you make some good points, but Buffalo fans have a tendency to fall in love with players, and that is not a good thing if you want to build a winner!!

Go Bills!

Great post I to have been a Bills fan for 40+ years and have seen them at their best and worst. For the first time in many years it looks like this team is finally showing some promise.

Edited by shadowcat10

I'm not trying to be negative, because you were right about some things about this team, but this very attitude is a problem sometimes with Buffalo sports. Bill Belichick said it best, "You cannot fall in love with players," and I think Buffalo fans do this alot. I believe it happens more in hockey than in football, but Buffalo fans seem to want to keep hometown guys and 3rd string guys around because of their interaction with the community or their tenure with the team. Sometimes those guys need to go!! Guys on the Bills like Jasper or someone like that, and Sabres players like Roy, Kaletta, Gaustad (finally gone), and even Ruff just don't belong on the roster/staff. We absolutely robbed Nashville for the 1st rounder we got for Goose, and he has like 4 pts since he's left (last I checked). Ruff seems like a great coach now, but I'm tired of barely making 8th place and then losing in the 1st round every year. So like I said, I do think you make some good points, but Buffalo fans have a tendency to fall in love with players, and that is not a good thing if you want to build a winner!!

Michael Jasper has been holding this team back for years ;)

I know. What the sabres need is a coach who can lead them to something like 4 ECFs and a stanley cup!

Tipster, I like your post a lot. I am another old timer (saw my first game in 1966) who feels much the way you do. I think the talent level on this team is growing steadily, They are a young team, and the kind of players they are, in terms of their personalities and willingness to work as a team, gives me a lot to look forward to. I think this is going to be a motivated and focused team at the beginning of next season. I think they will surprise as they did at the start of last season, but stay strong through the year.