Chargers sign Roscoe Parrish

Just because you have a ton of posts doesn't make you right. Roscoe wasn't that good.

I love the pecker checking that you FNGs always need to do. Stand up and sing your fight song.

I find it funny you cling to what could have been as if it were.

Which is totally different than ignoring the reality of what was. WRs don't exist in a vacuum. Parrish was never going to be a number 1 WR, but with competent coaching and an accurate, gutsy QB, he certainly could have been Az Hakeem. That didn't happen and Parrish is the smallest factor (ironically) in why that actually was.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the warm weather will help him stay healthy.

Doubtful. He hasn't played a game in temps below 30 degress since 2009. The cold was not his problem...

He was a very good punt returner whose career as a WR was essentially ruined by the laughably bad coaching, OLine, and QB play that has been so much a part of this team for so very long. I'm not sure there's a WR that could overcome Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards/JP Losman/Tom Clement/Steve Fairchild. Saying Roscoe "didn't contribute" is actually pretty funny when all the factors are considered.

He had two good years as a punt returner (07, 08) and he returned more than 30 punts only once in a season. In 09 he averaged 5.5 yards per return on 24 returns.

Seeing as he only played 8 games since 09, it's not unfair to say he didn't contribute...much. It's impossible to say he will be missed for what he did on the field the past 2 years.

Hearing supposed Bills fans hating on Roscoe is really pretty sad. The guy gave his all and made a hell of a lot of plays. It's really his fault he was injury prone, and misused by an ignorant coaching staff.

Good luck Roscoe.

I guess I'm one of the haters. I have two memories of Parrish: 1. The Seahawks game and the TechmoBowl punt return, and 2. The Jets game 3 years ago when he fell on a simple out pattern and Abram Elam was gifted a pick 6. In between, the dude was on the IR.

Just because he's been around for 7 (losing) years doesn't mean we should cry in our beer. Yeah he had talent. Yeah he was a good PR for a coupla years. But, in the end and for what ever reason, he was a disappointment as a WR.

I'll never to this day understand why we never utilized his speed on offense with trickery plays such as reverses and wildcat toss to Roscoe. I can understand how some of you will answer this with, because he's never been on the field long enough without being injured. But his 1st year with Chan he got some playing time and could have been utilized better IMO of course. I absolutely loved the dude. I remember everytime our defense would force the other team to punt all I hear myself saying is Come on Roscoe. I'll also miss him being in a Bills uniform in Madden. I unlike Chan and Jauron know how to use Roscoe and he's single-handedly won games for me. :cry:

Farewell little guy

@ProFootballTalk: Chargers agree to terms with free-agent WR/KR Roscoe Parrish on a one-year deal, per league source.

Always seemed liked Injuries held him back. That's been his career pretty much. Best of Luck, always liked the guy...

I don't know, is it just me but this AJ Smith is really starting to get under my skin. I'm starting to think that he's paying attention to what we're doing and he's sabotaging Buddy to some small degree. I guess that he still can't get over that whole Ralph/Butler thing. Piss on him.

With that being said, my most vivid memory of Roscoe is on that MNF game when I pulled Moulds in favor of Parrish on my fantasy team and promptly got my ass stomped. Moulds went off and Parrish disappeared. Ah, just another fine decision making on my part with my Buffalo roster. Now that I think about it the past remnants of administrations of yesteryear have been nothing but albatrosses. I say purge 'em all!

Makes me lament the Gregg "Hit Man" Williams and "You're Full of" Mularkey days when they just couldn't find a way to incorporate little Roscoe into the offense.

I don't know, is it just me but this AJ Smith is really starting to get under my skin. I'm starting to think that he's paying attention to what we're doing and he's sabotaging Buddy to some small degree. I guess that he still can't get over that whole Ralph/Butler thing. Piss on him.

With that being said, my most vivid memory of Roscoe is on that MNF game when I pulled Moulds in favor of Parrish on my fantasy team and promptly got my ass stomped. Moulds went off and Parrish disappeared. Ah, just another fine decision making on my part with my Buffalo roster. Now that I think about it the past remnants of administrations of yesteryear have been nothing but albatrosses. I say purge 'em all!

First off, the league is a rip-off league and second...how is taking Roscoe ruining our plans? We already have our reliable slot receiver.

Parrish was a good Bill. Sad to see him go. Class act with a big heart. I wish him well and hope he lights it up in SD.

Agreed. Solid WR, dynamic kick returner. His talents were never properly utilitzed by Donablow and Co.

Doubtful. He hasn't played a game in temps below 30 degress since 2009. The cold was not his problem...

He had two good years as a punt returner (07, 08) and he returned more than 30 punts only once in a season. In 09 he averaged 5.5 yards per return on 24 returns.

Seeing as he only played 8 games since 09, it's not unfair to say he didn't contribute...much. It's impossible to say he will be missed for what he did on the field the past 2 years.

He's the 3rd best PR in modern NFL history behind only Devin Hester and Rick Upchurch.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/punt_ret_yds_per_ret_career.htm

7 years. 134 receptions.

The argument that he was never properly utilized is bunk. WRs get open. He didn't. I wouldn't be shocked if he played his last down in the NFL. I can't figure out why a guy with less than 20 receptions per year gets all the love. May be a great guy, but too small and too inconsistent to be a good NFL WR.

Roscoe's a good player who needs an offensive coordinator who knows how to take advantage of his skill set and some health. If nothing else, he could give the chargers some electrifying punt returns.

7 years. 134 receptions.

The argument that he was never properly utilized is bunk. WRs get open. He didn't. I wouldn't be shocked if he played his last down in the NFL. I can't figure out why a guy with less than 20 receptions per year gets all the love. May be a great guy, but too small and too inconsistent to be a good NFL WR.

I understand not liking him as a player, but playing most of his active career with Lossman and Trentative, had a big impact on his stats.