Bob Matthews to Retire - Roche D&C

todd

Yeah, I remember his call-in show on WHAM or whatever in the early 90s. I used to listen and call in when I was just a kid, like 12-13. Much of his work as long as I can remember now has seemed pretty superficial and light.

Is Fred Smerlas going with him?

TFG they are putting thi horse out to pasture, he's been put of touch for 20 years. Pitoniak would be a nice replacement but I'm not sure those wounds can mended.

Yeah, I remember his call-in show on WHAM or whatever in the early 90s. I used to listen and call in when I was just a kid, like 12-13. Much of his work as long as I can remember now has seemed pretty superficial and light.

He was doing that at least as far back as the mid to late 80s, cause I remember my buddy and I listening to his show and calling in a few times. I haven't paid as much attention to him over the last few years, but based on the stuff of his I've seen others post on TBD, it's time for Bob to call it a career. I wish the guy well.

Yeah, I have the same memories.

I remember listening to him for hours the day that Magic Johnson announced he had AIDS.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120415/SPORTS0101/304150011

"A Buffalo Bills unofficial web site noted that it was glad I’m gone because now a person who actually knows something about the Bills will take my place."

Its funny that he said that and then followed up by mentioning Maiorana. I don't think there are two sports columnists farther apart in talent and being "out of touch" than Matthews and Maiorana the last few years.

Farewell, senile old man

Where will I go to read about the Buffalo Braves and Rochester Royals??

Good Bye Bob.

I'd like to see him replaced with someone who has solid football opinions based on expertise & knowledge and does solid research. You know, like some of the people who were fired from the D&C a few years ago.

Bob Matthews takes retirement package