Keith Olberman FIRED AGAIN

Anyone else hear about this? You can't make this **** up. Keith Olbermann, who was tapped to be the "savior" for the very liberal network (that can't sustain consistent viewership btw), was canned (again) and he and Al Gore are going back and forth in a media war. Bunch of jackasses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/keith-olbermann-out-current-eliot-spitzer_n_1392513.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hear about this? You can't make this **** up. Keith Olbermann, who was tapped to be the "savior" for the very liberal network (that can't sustain consistent viewership btw), was canned (again) and he and Al Gore are going back and forth in a media war. Bunch of jackasses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/keith-olbermann-out-current-eliot-spitzer_n_1392513.html

There was some discussion about it in the 'Leftist Hatchet Job Fails' thread.

It is impressive the way he keeps burning bridges.

There was some discussion about it in the 'Leftist Hatchet Job Fails' thread.

It is impressive the way he keeps burning bridges.

Just noticed that. Thanks. Mods please lock or delete.

Edited by Juror#8

The local radio was reporting this story this morning.

Something about so far this year he'd missed 19 of 41 work days, and then asked for a vacation day on Super Tuesday. They declined his request for a vacation day, and he took it off anyway.

At some point this incredibly smart guy should realize it's not such a smart idea to be a complete dickwad.

The local radio was reporting this story this morning.

Something about so far this year he'd missed 19 of 41 work days, and then asked for a vacation day on Super Tuesday. They declined his request for a vacation day, and he took it off anyway.

At some point this incredibly smart guy should realize it's not such a smart idea to be a complete dickwad.

The graveyards are full of indispensable men.

And Keith ain't nearly as indispensable as he thinks he is.

The graveyards are full of indispensable men.

And Keith ain't nearly as indispensable as he thinks he is.

While I disagree with Olberman''s politics and schtick, I at least have considered him a creative man. Creative enough, anyway, to come up with a better username than "dayman."

Oh, well...

While I disagree with Olberman''s politics and schtick, I at least have considered him a creative man. Creative enough, anyway, to come up with a better username than "dayman."

Oh, well...

Well, the "d" and "g" keys are rather close to each other and he does whine alot. It could be just a typo. 0:)

Apparently Olbermann is an insufferable prick and impossible to be in the same room with.

Maybe that's a prerequisite to being an on-air personality in a primetime slot (except for Rachel Maddow who is an INCREDIBLY nice woman personally - only met her once, and it was at a fundraising event, but you would seriously think she's a bartender or a cool co-worker; she's that !@#$ing personable).

I'm a HUGE Chris Berman fan but who can forget this gem:

And O'Reilly has been known to throw a stink or two:

Apparently Olbermann is an insufferable prick and impossible to be in the same room with.

Maybe that's a prerequisite to being an on-air personality in a primetime slot (except for Rachel Maddow who is an INCREDIBLY nice woman personally - only met her once, and it was at a fundraising event, but you would seriously think she's a bartender or a cool co-worker; she's that !@#$ing personable).

I'm a HUGE Chris Berman fan but who can forget this gem:

youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

And O'Reilly has been known to throw a stink or two:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Dz92G_ehiw&feature=related

I'd never seen that Berman meltdown before. Watching it, all I could think was "Jeeeezus..."

It may have been a perfectly justified meltdown, depending on the context. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Berman's a bit of an !@#$ regardless.

I'd never seen that Berman meltdown before. Watching it, all I could think was "Jeeeezus..."

It may have been a perfectly justified meltdown, depending on the context. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Berman's a bit of an !@#$ regardless.

For these people, on-air image is everything. If someone behind the scenes F's up or distracts them and they start stammering, forgetting what they were saying, they're the ones who look like schlubs.

For these people, on-air image is everything. If someone behind the scenes F's up or distracts them and they start stammering, forgetting what they were saying, they're the ones who look like schlubs.

Why do people assume I don't know ****? I know this. I know how TV is shot. Hell, I !@#$ing know everything.

That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend to know exactly what happened before the clip.

Why do people assume I don't know ****? I know this. I know how TV is shot. Hell, I !@#$ing know everything.

That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend to know exactly what happened before the clip.

He said what was pissing him off in the clip. People were moving around during the shot. What more do you need to know?

What's going to happen to the price of gold?

He said what was pissing him off in the clip. People were moving around during the shot. What more do you need to know?

How many times he's said something about it in the past, for one thing. I try to be polite with people the first time or two they do something that irritates me but after about the third incident, it's pretty much "go time".

Most people don't go that far the first time, so it's quite likely those who were doing it earned the reaction Berman gave.

How many times he's said something about it in the past, for one thing. I try to be polite with people the first time or two they do something that irritates me but after about the third incident, it's pretty much "go time".

Most people don't go that far the first time, so it's quite likely those who were doing it earned the reaction Berman gave.

At that level (ESPN is the big leagues), you don't need to be told even once.