Keith Olberman FIRED AGAIN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn those limo drivers:

http://www.nypost.co...4vD0Jd2n3VFE3rO

Can't believe that I'm defending Olberman. The article is contrived and I bet the real story isn't that bad. There's no way in knowing how bad the situation was. Anyone who's used car service in NY has probably complained. Did Olberman object to the driver saying hello, or did he object to the driver talking to him while he was on the phone or doing something else in the car? What if he wanted to sleep on the way home, yet the driver kept on talking. Sometimes, after pulling in a 15 hr work day, you don't particularly feel chatty.

Smelly car service immediately leads to the jokes about immigrants who drive the cars. But you don't know if he was referring to the driver's body odor or that the driver just finished a cigarette in the car, and now he had to sit in a car stenching of cigarettes.

I've had all those cases and have complained afterward. Does that make me a douche? Perhaps in the eyes of some. But those drivers also broke the guidelines the car service company has in getting our company's business.

Bottom line is that you don't know whether Olberman was a douche to every driver or Current just cherry picked the complaints and whether the complaints were valid. You certainly can't tell from the NY Post story.

Buffy and I can agree! Does that mean we connected? :lol:

I have always hated Olberman. Even when he was just on ESPN. To me, he is one of those folks who you don't want on "your side" of any issue... Laurence Odonnell, his replacement, is only marginally more bearable.

I have always hated Olberman. Even when he was just on ESPN. To me, he is one of those folks who you don't want on "your side" of any issue... Laurence Odonnell, his replacement, is only marginally more bearable.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's not the person but the liberal way of expressing themselves. Yeah, I have. :devil:

Have you ever thought that maybe it's not the person but the liberal way of expressing themselves. Yeah, I have. :devil:

Yes, I have thought of that too...any time I hear Rush, or Sean Hannity...also ultra-douches!

Maybe he can go back to SportsCenter and protect StuScott's blind side.

Exactly! He should have stuck to what he was good at!

What's going to happen to the price of gold?

What goes up...............must come :thumbdown:

This thread keeps going back to the top and showing up on the front page as it gets bumped. Whenever I come back I find out it is still about the same firing even though it is totally plausible that KO could have been hired and fired all over again about once every 20 minutes. Can someone change the thread title to say "By Al Gore" or something more descriptive. We have a pool going on how many times KO will be fired in 2012 and I keep trying to track it using this thread but it is wasting my time.

Thanks.

More arrogant than me and more narcissistic that OC. That's an impressive accomplishment.

And just as fragile as a chandelier. Do you guys need a collective hug?

No, I think Keith Olbwrman's an ass deserves its own thread.

Absolutely. :beer:

I'd never seen that Berman meltdown before. Watching it, all I could think was "Jeeeezus..."

It may have been a perfectly justified meltdown, depending on the context. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Berman's a bit of an !@#$ regardless.

"Hey leather, you're with me!"

Ever hear that story? I think it was on TSW once. That's a bit of an !@#$ move. Not major, but, a bit.

Yeah, you're both unmitigated morons. :P

Love,

Tom

PS: I didn't get to 30,000+ posts by passing up the low hanging fruit.

Unmitigated Moron is mine. Idiot is Tom. Or, Tom is idiot.

;):lol:

More arrogant than me and more narcissistic that OC. That's an impressive accomplishment.

Trying to make that stick huh?

Hmmmm. My response is either:

"It's not bragging if you can do it, especially not if you can do it while laughing at people who call you names, and super especially not if you can do it while laughing at people who call you names, and wearing nothing but flip flops most of the time"

or

"You can't be a narcissist if you don't consider yourself, what you are doing, or who you know, in any way worthy of facebook"

or

"Dude...what are you even talking about? Man, I am drunk....again! :nana:"

Due to your self-characterization, can we assume that you will be telling me which response is correct, and how much of an idiot I was for even considering the other two?

Edit: and, whoever said "Al Gore is dumb for going to Olbermann for high quality standards in journalism" or whatever in the other thread....yeah. That's funny because it's true.

Edited by OCinBuffalo