Justin Blackmon was in town last night

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had it confirmed. Take it for what it's worth. I didn't know that rookie visits were secretive, so I was surprised to find that no one knew this. And yes, they dined at Tempo. There's no way they think he'll be there at 10, so you can do the math.

Here's the math -

The Bills have visits scheduled with 30 draft-eligible players, plus local prospects; the Bills have 10 draft picks...

Every year, roughly 2 or 3 of the draft-eligible players that visit OBD are drafted by the Bills, the other 27+ are not.

Just sayin' I don't think a visit by anyone to OBD is any sure indicator that means Buddy means to trade up.

(FYI - Cam Newton visited last year.)

That said, Blackmon is a great steal for the Bills if he falls to the #10-spot!

And hey, anything can happen on draft day...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

I'd take Blackmon in a heartbeat. As can't miss a prospect as there is after pick #3. I don't want to drop our second for him though. We have loaded up the defensive side of the ball, but it's only two acquisitions. We still need serious depth on both sides of the ball. Second rounders can be as valuable as most first rounders and I trust Buddy to make the right pick there.

Here's the math -

The Bills have visits scheduled with 30 draft-eligible players, plus local prospects; the Bills have 10 draft picks...

Every year, roughly 3 or 4 (tops) of the draft-eligible players that visit OBD are drafted by the Bills.

This is my line of thinking as well.

Here's the math -

Every year, roughly 3 or 4 (tops) of the draft-eligible players that visit OBD are drafted by the Bills.

Yup... It is just the Bills exhibiting due diligence, nothing more. If he falls (which is not unheard of on draft day), the will be prepared. They are definitely not trading up.

WR's usually fall on draft day. If he lasts to #7, I could see us trading up with Jacksonville. They have a lot of needs and could probably still get Coples or Ingram at #10 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder.

I agree with your idea but disagree that he will fall past the Rams. I think they have their sights set on him and are hoping he falls to them.

There are almost always a couple shockers in the first 9-10 picks. I think Blackmon is going in the first 7-8 but it's not written in stone and he may be falling on some teams boards. Greg Cosell, who is excellent, just got done doing his homework and detailed film study on Blackmon and has him falling a bit. I'd love him at 10. I highly doubt we trade up for anyone.

Yup... It is just the Bills exhibiting due diligence, nothing more. If he falls (which is not unheard of on draft day), the will be prepared. They are definitely not trading up.

I agree 100% that is was probably just the Bills exhibiting their due diligence, but what if Nix wants Blackmon really bad? Would you put it past him to make a bold move this year? I wouldn't. Personally, I would give up our 2nd rounder to trade up to 5th and get him. Get a journeyman LT in FA and let Hairston start.

I'd take Blackmon in a heartbeat. As can't miss a prospect as there is after pick #3. I don't want to drop our second for him though. We have loaded up the defensive side of the ball, but it's only two acquisitions. We still need serious depth on both sides of the ball. Second rounders can be as valuable as most first rounders and I trust Buddy to make the right pick there.

I don't think it would happen anyway, but ai don't see the logic of not giving up our second for a guaranteed day one starter at a sorely needed skill position in order to draft a "depth" (backup/situational) guy in the second round.

Edited by Mr. WEO