Nix hints it'll be a tackle

Lothar

Love it. Thanks for the update.

Agreed. I have no problem with this being the end of the story. His explanation is more than acceptable and I completely see the logic.

My opinion based on...well, really nothing:

1st and 5th on Tackles. Second, third, and two fourths on the CB, WR and LB you need, in no particular order.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the drop off is actually better for tackles then WR LB or CB which is why we should at least get two of them in firsthand second then get a couple tackles. After kue floyd Gilmore/Jenkins (not big on kirpatrick anymore) the talent level drops quite a bit

If Nix hints it will be a tackle at 10, it won't be.

But that is exactly what he wants the other teams to think. He hints at Tackle so that they think it will be a WR. But actually he is playing the old double guessing trick tell em what you will do so they think you will do something else.

then again, maybe not.

Even though I'd like us to go with a wideout here, I get the impression Nix is thinking about picking up a couple tackles, including a first rounder.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/26/will-bills-draft-more-than-1-ot/

“Depth at tackle is problem,” said Nix. ”We’ve got depth inside. We’ve got guards and centers that can play in there. Last year we lost two left tackles and Levitre moved out there and he did a commendable job, but we’ve got to have at least one top tackle in the draft and another guy that we can develop.”

Nix believes there are “two or three” offensive tackles in the draft class that can start on day one. He obviously would not divulge the names of those prospects. What’s interesting is the Bills GM may it sound as if the club may take a second tackle in the draft even if they take one early.

From what I see, My bettin' Money is Riley Reiff @10

He's visited the Pro Day of Mike Adams and is having Jonathan Martin in.

Here's a good summary of the Tackles, written by LongBall, who does the O-Line analysis at D-Tek.

http://www.drafttek....ckle-Review.asp'>http://www.drafttek....ckle-Review.asp

The 2nd installment covering ROT prospects is now also posted for your reading pleasure!

http://www.drafttek....ckle-Review.asp

The links don't work. Any chance you could re-post the report about the tackles?

beyond dispute? More like patently false!

Mike williams and Eric wood were rd1.Williams was the ultimate bust and although wood was good when healthy he has a terrible injury history and had missed a lot time. Levitre rd 2 may end up being the only consistent contributor They also paid up big time in FA for dochety, another high profile bust. Not to mention all the OL picks in other rounds like Hairston, Wang etc ... This team has spent a lot of resource on OL

Really? Who was the last LT drafted in the first round by the Bills? Wait, I know....John Fina in 1992, with pick #27.

You are correct that the Bills, especially when Levy was involved, squandered the resources they did use on the OL. Then, when we had a very good LT, they refused to pay him, and traded him away.

And Btw, Woods is a center, and Williams was a fat right tackle. They were drafted between 2002 and 2009. During that span, 5 of their first round picks were either DBs or RBs, and one of those seasons they had no first round pick. That season, their first selection was Parrish in round 2.

Really? Who was the last LT drafted in the first round by the Bills? Wait, I know....John Fina in 1992, with pick #27.

You are correct that the Bills, especially when Levy was involved, squandered the resources they did use on the OL. Then, when we had a very good LT, they refused to pay him, and traded him away.

And Btw, Woods is a center, and Williams was a fat right tackle. They were drafted between 2002 and 2009. During that span, 5 of their first round picks were either DBs or RBs, and one of those seasons they had no first round pick. That season, their first selection was Parrish in round 2.

Juts because Mike Williams was a colossal bust, doesn't mean the Bills didn't draft him No. 4 to be the left tackle. You have to ask Donahoe why he thought Williams was a better LT than McKinney or Levi Jones.

Well, it's right there for us all to see.

The Bills are not playing into Bell's contract demands, and have let him be free to explore. That leaves us only Hairston at LT. Pears is very effective at RT, so he's not moving.

I see the Bills going LT with their 1st pick. Then they may revisit it again in rounds 3-5.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after a WR, DE or CB in Round 2.

But that is exactly what he wants the other teams to think. He hints at Tackle so that they think it will be a WR. But actually he is playing the old double guessing trick tell em what you will do so they think you will do something else.

then again, maybe not.

thats funny, thanks

Everything points to LT for the first pick.

They made DE a non issue in FA.

They signed Stevie back in FA and they also have 9 guys currently under contract at WR.

They restructured McGee deal to bring him back at a more cap friendly rate. Think they want to add a CB but dont think they see it as the glaring hole LT is.

DL in soild.

LB is weak, but taking a LB at 10 is a bit of a gamble. this could be the only other area you could say needs players and good ones fast.

RB is not an issue.

I will not be the least bit surprised to see Cordy Glenn's name called. Nix has hinted that they have a different way at looking at LT. And he also has stated that it is way easier to kick a tackle back inside to gaurd if he doesn't pan out at tackle. Glenn played every OL position at UGA. This can not be overlooked with both Wood and Levitre having contracts coming up shortly. He is a freak, has the size and strength.6'6 345lbs. Played LT in college at times before mostly playing LG. He never had serious injury problems, played in more games in UGA history for an OL. He played in SEC, Buddy loves and knows the South. Playing in the SEC he went up against the best Dlineman in the country, look no further then Dareus.

I for sure think OT is the pick and Glenn is the sleeper guy.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

then again, maybe not.

:)

Next time I'll just consult my Magic 8-ball.

Spiller was BPA. I don't see a LT being BPA at #10.

BTW, Nix also said that they're comfortable with Hairston as the starter and think he'll be able to do the job, but want depth there.

Sorry but Spiller was NOT BPA. Dez Bryant was BY FAR BPA. His character got him to slide, but talent wise, it wasn't even close. If we gonna take BPA, we would've taken Dez. CJ Spiller was such a waste of a pick. Even Jason Pierre Paul got great grades and would've been a better pick.

Sorry but Spiller was NOT BPA. Dez Bryant was BY FAR BPA. His character got him to slide, but talent wise, it wasn't even close. If we gonna take BPA, we would've taken Dez. CJ Spiller was such a waste of a pick. Even Jason Pierre Paul got great grades and would've been a better pick.

The character concerns were the thing with Bryant, as they were with Hernandez, causing him to slide. And as for Spiller, the Bills didn't know what they had in Freddie. Lastly, JPP was considered a project. But that's the great thing about hindsight.

Even if they resign Bell I get the impression theyve lost some faith in him as a starter for injury reasons. I'd look for him to be thrown into the pool of candidates and have to compete for the job with Hairston and the rooks. Which begs the question, why bother resigning him, especially since he hasn't shown any particular interest in being here.

I think we might re-sign him because he won't cost that much. It's not that he hasn't shown interest in being here, it's just that he's an injury prone former 7th round draft pick who is hitting free agency for the first time and he knows this is probably the last contract in his life he will sign in the NFL so he's trying to get every penny he can.

I'm sure Green Bay offered him an incentive type contract after his workout there, but Bell is obviously looking for as much guaranteed money as possible. He's probably done with talks until the draft is over and everyone sees where the chips land and what holes they have left to fill.

I hope we let him walk unless he signs for backup-type money.