Word is Patriots going hard after Forte

D521646

I'm sure any RB would be clamoring for the chance to go to the Patriots and get 10 carries a game. :doh:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every football player in the NFL wants to play for the Pats. Even WR Chad O. He took a million dollar pay cut from 3 mill to 2 mill per year to stay with the Pats. Lloyd gave the Pats a huge hometown discount to reunite with his old coach. The Pats paid Mark Anderson 1 mill last year, the Bills are paying him SEVEN MILLION per year!! Then people wonder why the Pats have owne the American League Eastern division for the past TWENTY YEARS!

I feel sorry for the person that believes a rumor from Incarcerated Bob and thinks its legit.

If there was any traction from it, ESPN, NFLN or FOX Sports would have reported a story like this.

When it comes to rumors like this, the internet it usually the best place to weigh the reality of it. I'm very disappointed in ESPN for not covering the Mario Williams visit in free agency with more depth and same goes for NFLN... I love watching classic games on NFLN every now and then, but instead of having top ten QB's of all time or all these other top ten shows they have, they should have NFL total access. Sucks that total access is from 7-8pm and then gets repeated til 7pm the next day and Saturday is a repeat of Friday's total access.

If the Patriots were smart, and I hope that all that accumulated hubris will cloud their thinking and they won't be, they will use all those draft picks on that old and slow defense and go get Cedric Benson or someone similar to do the running.

Sooner or later they will come to the conclusion we all have as Bills fans watching our team: The talent of your offensive unit is irrelevant if your defense can't get off the field and can't make stops.

Is it true? I heard BB offered a 2nd and a 4th for his rights? Bears wanted three picks.. Crap, I hope the Patriots don't land Forte. That would really suck. :)

Tim-

I can really see the pats going into a decade of decline as their personnel decisions haven't been very good lately. As Shula, Landry and Parcells couldn't sustain their Success so to will Belli begin his decline and will probably never get get back to the superbowl.

I can really see the pats going into a decade of decline as their personnel decisions haven't been very good lately. As Shula, Landry and Parcells couldn't sustain their Success so to will Belli begin his decline and will probably never get get back to the superbowl.

Shula and Landry couldn't sustain their success? Huh?

GO BILLS!!!

I'm sure any RB would be clamoring for the chance to go to the Patriots and get 10 carries a game. :doh:

I agree with Dork. More money, possibly less work, a chance for a championship.

Ego gratification comes from the money, not the number of snaps, IMO.

What would the bills do with forte? use him as our 3rd rb?

Forte reminds me a lot of Fred Jackson, just thought I'd throw that out there for no particular reason.

Forte is almost a carbon copy of Fred Jackson. Similar in size, same style of play, good as both a runner and a receiver, and they even wear the same number.

Virtually the same player except that Forte is younger.

how many superbowls did they win after the 70s?

Shula and Landry rank #1 and #3, respectively, in all time wins. That is the very definition of "sustaining success."

GO BILLS!!!

Another improbably rumor debunked (from KFFL.com):

Patriots | Matt Forte not an option

Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:06:19 -0700

The New England Patriots will not be trading for Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte.

0 Comments | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Considering the original source i didnt put much stock in that rumor either. Even though NE could certainly use a versatile RB like Forte.

I don't understand Chicago's attitude towards Forte. They seem so reluctant to sign a guy who is basically their entire offense.

Considering the original source i didnt put much stock in that rumor either. Even though NE could certainly use a versatile RB like Forte.

I don't understand Chicago's attitude towards Forte. They seem so reluctant to sign a guy who is basically their entire offense.

It's very odd. I can only assume he wants to be the highest-paid RB in the NFL/history.