Notre Dame Pro Day

This will be the tell on if Floyd is even an option for the Bills.

If Buddy attends Notre Dames pro day, then you got to believe it is to look at Floyd more.

If not, the Floyd debate ends.

Anyone know if he is scheduled to attend??

That's absolutely false. But good try!

If Buddy attends Notre Dames pro day, then you got to believe it is to look at Floyd more.

Buddy attended Syracuse's pro day, and nobody there is going at #10.

Couldn't be more wrong

Absolutely !!! I'm sure Buddy will attend 9 "Pro" days because we have 9 picks in the draft. If he attends 10 "Pro" days then we are trading down in the first round. Are we two the only ones who understand this?? :nana: !!!!! :oops:

A reasonable query i thought at first. Turns out not so much lol. thats ok i am not a Floyd fan anyway. :nana:

Am I the only one that doesn't like to draft ND players top ten? I don't really like the ND program, vastly overhyped and overrated IMO. Taking players from ND seems to be high risk IMO.

I remember 4 Notre Dame players drafted in the first round by the Bills.

Walt Patulski: bust and he was picked first overall

Tony Hunter: bust

Greg Bell: decent pick partly because he was a part of the Cornelius Bennett trade

Jeff Burris: decent pick

In addition, Notre Dame has not produced many good pros in the last few decades, IMO. I don't know if it's the schedule they play, their academic standards or what, but I'm personally wary of prospects from Notre Dame.

JMO.

We've drafted players who we never talked to or visited before, so... no.

Who? And what round? Please be more specific. Was any a first rounder? Was it since Buddy has been a GM?

I still stand by my first statement. Sorry guys, he went to See Hill's pro day. Buddy doesnt play 'games'. So if he is interested in Floyd he would be at his pro day. I am just talking about Buddy,not what other GM's for other Franchises. Buddy is a scout. Came up going to Pro Days and evaluating players. So unless any of you can give me a qoute from Buddy Nix saying he will draft a guy whose pro day he does not go to, i stand by my theory. I mean especially a first rounder.

So is Buddy planning on attending ND Pro Day??

Am I the only one that doesn't like to draft ND players top ten? I don't really like the ND program, vastly overhyped and overrated IMO. Taking players from ND seems to be high risk IMO.

No you're not, I dont like ND players either. Never liked Quinn and always thought Clausen would flop. On top of that I'm a huge SEC homer.

That being said, there should be 3-4 players I'd rather have at 10. However, I've completely come around on Floyd in the last couple of months.

Even with not trusting in ND's program or players, I think Floyd would be an excellent pick at 10. The kid is a baller, and would add another main weapon to our Offense. jmho.

You are not the only one. There is no question that ND has a huge fan base around the country. I think that, in part because of that, ND players tend to be overrated just because they went to ND. Floyd might end up being great, but it has seemed for a very long time (as others have mentioned), that ND players get an ND bump.

You are not the only one. There is no question that ND has a huge fan base around the country. I think that, in part because of that, ND players tend to be overrated just because they went to ND. Floyd might end up being great, but it has seemed for a very long time (as others have mentioned), that ND players get an ND bump.

I think there is a lot of positive bias towards ND. Look at those teams Charlie Weiss was allowed to take into a BCS game just a few years ago. Heck one could argue the Non BCS school exemption for playing in a BCS bowl was designed specifically to cater to ND.

Having said all that, it also makes you wonder about the publicity Floyd is getting. The so called 'experts' on the draft, who put out draft publications realize how big the ND fan base is.

I for one am not for or against Floyd. If Buddy and Chan want him and take him, i am fine with it. My point in starting this thread was if Buddy is not there at Floyd's pro day, i think it is a strong indication, he is not the pick. IMHO. And until someone on here can give me some hard evidence ie....Buddy Nix drafted these FIRST ROUNDERS with out attending their pro day...i am sticking with it.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Interesting! Maybe looking at C Jones for a later pick? Who else is coming out of Cuse this year?

A safety (can't recall his name, hard hitter), their starting TE, and OL Tiller.

I think there is a lot of positive bias towards ND. Look at those teams Charlie Weiss was allowed to take into a BCS game just a few years ago. Heck one could argue the Non BCS school exemption for playing in a BCS bowl was designed specifically to cater to ND.

Having said all that, it also makes you wonder about the publicity Floyd is getting. The so called 'experts' on the draft, who put out draft publications realize how big the ND fan base is.

I for one am not for or against Floyd. If Buddy and Chan want him and take him, i am fine with it. My point in starting this thread was if Buddy is not there at Floyd's pro day, i think it is a strong indication, he is not the pick. IMHO. And until someone on here can give me some hard evidence ie....Buddy Nix drafted these FIRST ROUNDERS with out attending their pro day...i am sticking with it.

I would agree. As a GM you attend a lot of pro days. But if you skip a pro day, that is a strong indication that the person will not be your #1 pick.

Edited by RyanC883

Lee Smith is a big kid with potential.

Lee Smith is a great blocker. I wanted to us to draft him which we didn't but he ended up with us anyway. Later in the year once he was on the roster I heard his name several times on big running plays for CJ particularly during a blackout game.

Lee Smith is a great blocker. I wanted to us to draft him which we didn't but he ended up with us anyway. Later in the year once he was on the roster I heard his name several times on big running plays for CJ particularly during a blackout game.

Chan likes L smith and Buddy i think described him as having some nasty edge to him. Even though i read those words it seemed he was smiling when he said it. watch out for Smith and two great backs getting er done this year! and i recall him being talked up during a game last year. Chandler and Smith make for nice change of pace and can create some mismatch. With just one drafetd Wr who can get down field quick, is big with hands we might have an arsenal of options with Fitzy's skill set. I'm sorry but i am really starting to think we are much better on offense than last year with out even drafting yet. IF we can be healthy add the best receiver we can decide is for us, get LT secured. well heck i think we got somethin'

i know i know but i cant help it. the closer i look the better we look. even offence.

Edited by 3rdand12