Dear HBO

Justice

Give our beloved-star studded Bills this years' "Hard Knocks". Show everyone else what Mario and Mark see in Buffalo.

NO - NO - & NO - we need good advertisement not a circus atmosphere , all's that would do is take focus away from practice & learning the new scheme ..

Besides i don't think Buddy or Chan would go for it AT ALL !!!

They didn't have "Hard Knocks", last year, because of the lockout.

Why wouldn't Bills' fans want to see our team on HK. Looks like a fun show. They don't reveal anything specific about the playbook or game plans. Why do some of you reject the idea?

First of all Chan would never allow this to happen. Secondly, it's too much of a distraction. It's a show for teams begging for attention and wants to be in the limelight because they'll never go to the show.

It would be interesting to go over the list of teams' records in the season immediately following their appearance on Hard Knocks and compare with the year before, maybe.

Subjectively, the Jets did fairly well even though they looked like complete jerks.

The Cowboys had a bad season after, I believe.

I have no recollection of how the Chiefs did.

It would absolutely be fun-and-a-half to have the Bills on and see the behind the scenes in so much detail, but I sure wouldn't want it to hurt their performance when it counts.

Bengals made the post season....

And I'd love to see Miami on Hard Knocks...

History of teams on Hard Knocks:

Ravens 2001 - coming off the Super Bowl win, after the show they went 10-6, 2nd place, wildcard, won their first game, then lost in the divisional round to the Steelers.

Cowboys 2002 - they were two years into their streak of 5-11 seasons after firing Gailey. They went 5-11 yet again after the show. The next season they went 10-6.

Chiefs 2007 - coming off a 9-7 season, they went 4-12 after doing the show. The year after that they went 2-14 so maybe it's not the show's fault.

Cowboys 2008 - Coming off a 13-3 season, they fell to 9-7 the season they did the show, then bounced back to 11-5 the year after. One of the most glaring examples arguing against being on the show.

Bengals 2009 - Were 4-11-1 the prior season - they went 10-6 and won the division the season after the show. They dropped back to 4-12 the next year. You could argue the Bengals were helped by the attention.

Jets 2010 - went from 9-7 the previous year to 11-5 the season they were on Hard Knocks. Dropped back to 8-8 last year.

Bottom line - there doesn't seem to be any consistent trend you can draw from this - given the volatility in any NFL team's record from year to year, I don't think you can say Hard Knocks has any real effect.

I guess you could argue Hard Knocks is bad for the Cowboys.

Edited by BobChalmers

I never understand the desire to have your team featured on this kind of garbage. The only nationally commercial thing I ever want to see our team involved in is a sesson's-end free offer from Sports Illustrated.

Edited by LABillzFan

First of all Chan would never allow this to happen. Secondly, it's too much of a distraction. It's a show for teams begging for attention and wants to be in the limelight because they'll never go to the show.

You know, on the surface, I would agree with you...but when you really think about it, I think Chan and Buddy are both kind of hams, in their own, "serious football men" kind of way...Gailey is always, seemingly, very comfortable and up-front in dealing with the media, and Buddy is a walking quote machine, with a bigger than life personality...they are actually kind of naturals for this kind of thing. Not saying that I want it...but I wouldn't miss a second if they did it.

Give our beloved-star studded Bills this years' "Hard Knocks". Show everyone else what Mario and Mark see in Buffalo.

No, No Bills. Let's wait UNTIL this TEAM Accomplishes something before we do something like that...

We have a yes checking in. These shows are always solid and show in detail the cuts/signings of lower tier players. I would love to watch the Bills on there. I enjoyed watching the SF giants on showtime and I have enjoyed all of the hard knocks so far. Even the scrubby chiefs one.

We have a yes checking in. These shows are always solid and show in detail the cuts/signings of lower tier players. I would love to watch the Bills on there. I enjoyed watching the SF giants on showtime and I have enjoyed all of the hard knocks so far. Even the scrubby chiefs one.

Dont get me wrong, as a Bills fan, I would LOVE the insight into how the team works. But looking at the bigger picture, I say no thanks.

I never understand the desire to have your team featured on this kind of garbage. The only nationally commercial thing I ever want to see our team involved in is a sesson's-end free offer from Sports Illustrated.

Would that be with or without the football phone?

No, No Bills. Let's wait UNTIL this TEAM Accomplishes something before we do something like that...

That doesn't work either...if you wait for them to accomplish something, then you say "no" cuz you don't want the distraction, now that you are finally on to something...if you suck so bad, there is no hope, you say "yes", cuz your team needs some buzz...all that in mind, it seems the safe bet is "just say no to HBO"!

BTW- I could see the Broncos doing this...Manning, Elway...lots of interesting training camps to choose from, this year.

Edited by Buftex