TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

I for one hope tebow continues to play like he did yesterday. Because against 30 other teams (not the Colts), the broncos would have been down about 42-0 by the 4th quarter, mainly due to his horrific "QB" play.

Yesterday he showed nothing more than he's a RB who can once in a while throw the ball.

What does horrific QB play have to do with giving up 42 points? Also, Tebow only made 13 pass attempts in the first three quarters - not exactly turning him loose is it? Yea there were some ugly throws. But there were some really good throws too. Not to mention - the one play when Tebow missed the wide open receiver down the seam, he had 2 dolphins defenders right in his face as he threw it. I just find it funny how NO OTHER QB gets so much attention to poorly thrown balls. I've seen Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady both make multiple bad throws just like that one throw this season - but we don't mention that do we?

You're right about one thing though - for three and a half quarters, he was only asked to throw the ball once in a while. Is it just coincidence that he put up 130+ yards passing with 2 TDs in the same 4 minute span that he made more than half is pass attempts? That would be one hell of a coincidence in my opinion.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually H, what i am seeing and reading is group gang bang, where great majority of you have at him, he can do absolutely no right or ever will. Amazing for a no talent nothing player, who flat out sucks and always will , (this according to the many soothsayers) the amount of attention , hits on threads and comments about him. Just don't get the post after post after post of kicking this guy in the ass given who useless most of you think he is. Just can't imagine the mass hysterectomies, sex changes, nervous breakdowns, alcoholic and drug benders if he so how finds away to have a career. So many imperfect players have found a way, amazing so may so sure about this man. At least on this board the naysayers out number the positives about 50-1. (personally don't pretend to know, just amazing so many seem to think they do...... and with so much zeal about a said to be bad quarterback... yikes////

Don't see the difficulty in acknowledging a great comeback and letting the future speak for itself.....

Great post.

I am here to eat a little crow myself. I thought Tebow was pretty horrible yesterday...and he definitely looked very hesitant to throw the ball, until it was absolutely necessary.

What puzzles me though is that Christian Ponder (Ramius=nole=anti-tebow, go figure=ponder lover?) had the exact same number of completions as Tebow but with 5 more attempts and a passer rating below 60 while Tebow's passer rating was over 90. Again, i saw both games and Ponder certainly looked more poised. I believe that all of the hate and doubt being openly vented towards Tebow has gotten in his head. At times, he refused to throw the ball even when he had a receiver relatively open. And by the way, i watched the Vikes game start to finish, Ponder could have thrown at least 4 more picks in that game. But I think he played well, given it is his first start.

Not to mention that nobody points out that Denver's receivers are all raw, and inexperienced. Demarius Thomas....uh...selected 22 in the draft was awful, but nobody questions his chances of being a bust, let alone so injury prone that he rarely sees the field for Denver.

By the way, while the dolphins suck, they have the 15th ranked defense.......Green Bay's D is ranked 9th based on scoring, but GB has given up nearly 420 yard more on the defensive side.

Charlie Whitehurst was 12 0f 30 with an interception and no TDs for a QB rating of 35.....where are all of the people lining up to tell him he will never be an NFL qb? Where is the doubt? I just don't get it.

Colt McCoy, 20 of 35, a pick and rating of 59.

The great Carson Palmer (he of the 1st and 2nd round picks) 8 of 21, 3 picks (pick 6) and a rating of 17.3? Where's the hate?

Matt Cassel, 15 of 30 and 2 picks, for a rating of 38???

Matt Hasselbeck, 14 of 30, 2 picks and a rating of 39.

Phillip Rivers???? 16 of 32, 2 costly picks and a rating of 51? Oh yeah, and don't give me anything about how great the Jets D is, as they are ranked 16th and have given up more yardage than the Dolphins D.

I know, stats don't mean anything, so why do they keep stats?

But is Tebow's success sustainable? Give it about a 3.5 per cent chance of working out.

I'd give it about a 98.7 percent chance that you just pulled that percentage out of one of your bodily orifices.

Great post.

I am here to eat a little crow myself. I thought Tebow was pretty horrible yesterday...and he definitely looked very hesitant to throw the ball, until it was absolutely necessary.

What puzzles me though is that Christian Ponder (Ramius=nole=anti-tebow, go figure=ponder lover?) had the exact same number of completions as Tebow but with 5 more attempts and a passer rating below 60 while Tebow's passer rating was over 90. Again, i saw both games and Ponder certainly looked more poised. I believe that all of the hate and doubt being openly vented towards Tebow has gotten in his head. At times, he refused to throw the ball even when he had a receiver relatively open. And by the way, i watched the Vikes game start to finish, Ponder could have thrown at least 4 more picks in that game. But I think he played well, given it is his first start.

Not to mention that nobody points out that Denver's receivers are all raw, and inexperienced. Demarius Thomas....uh...selected 22 in the draft was awful, but nobody questions his chances of being a bust, let alone so injury prone that he rarely sees the field for Denver.

By the way, while the dolphins suck, they have the 15th ranked defense.......Green Bay's D is ranked 9th based on scoring, but GB has given up nearly 420 yard more on the defensive side.

Charlie Whitehurst was 12 0f 30 with an interception and no TDs for a QB rating of 35.....where are all of the people lining up to tell him he will never be an NFL qb? Where is the doubt? I just don't get it.

The great Carson Palmer (he of the 1st and 2nd round picks) 8 of 21, 3 picks (pick 6) and a rating of 17.3? Where's the hate?

Phillip Rivers???? 16 of 32, 2 costly picks and a rating of 51? Oh yeah, and don't give me anything about how great the Jets D is, as they are ranked 16th and have given up more yardage than the Dolphins D.

Nice post man. Prepare to be trolled incessantly.

Great post.

Excellent post. Thanks for putting in the time & effort here. Should be interesting (& comical) to hear the replies/excuses from the TT haters....

I never thought he would be good but never hated him in the slightest; seems like a good guy. Frankly i could never understand why he is so polarizing and interesting to people. I think I get the hate now after all the praise heaped his way over a dreadful game.

If you seriously "don't get" why people aren't trashing Charlie Whitehurst I'm afraid nobody can help you.

I never thought he would be good but never hated him in the slightest; seems like a good guy. Frankly i could never understand why he is so polarizing and interesting to people. I think I get the hate now after all the praise heaped his way over a dreadful game.

If you seriously "don't get" why people aren't trashing Charlie Whitehurst I'm afraid nobody can help you.

I think you missed my point (it was rhetoric) i could have asked that question about any of the QBs listed. Where is the overwhelming over-analysis for Carson Palmer. The Raiders (yeah, i know, its the raiders) just mortgaged their future on a guy who threw 3 picks in 2 quarters of work. If Tebow completed 60% of his passes but threw 3 picks, oh the humanity!

I think you missed my point (it was rhetoric) i could have asked that question about any of the QBs listed. Where is the overwhelming over-analysis for Carson Palmer. The Raiders (yeah, i know, its the raiders) just mortgaged their future on a guy who threw 3 picks in 2 quarters of work. If Tebow completed 60% of his passes but threw 3 picks, oh the humanity!

You want to know why there's no one blasting or over analyzing Palmer or Whitehurst?

Because i don't see a thread labeled WHITEHURST!!! or PALMER!!! irrationally extolling all of their supposed football virtues despite mounds of evidence to the contrary.

the way Tebow inspired his team to recover that onside kick is what converted me to Team Tebow. TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW

what inspired me was when tebow WILLED the strip/sack of Matt Moore. I daresay that if tebow wasn't on the sidelines, the rusher probably gets pancaked by the OL across from him.

Edited by Ramius

I hope Tebow goes on to have a solid NFL career...just so that the ever so annoying Merrill Hoge loses any of the remaining credibility he has left and "sean salisburys" himself out of an NFl analyst job.

I hope with all my heart Tebow is still behind center when Denver plays at Buffalo in December. The guy is a sideshow; there's no question he gives his all and can make a few plays here and there, but against any team worth a spit he'll be made to look silly.

Can anyone imagine Tebow throwing those ducks in the Orchard Park winds?

I watched that game, and Tebow was awful. even during the "comeback." in over time Tebow could only drive a hand full of yards, and forced a 50+ yard kick. the star of Denvers offence is that kicker.

I hope with all my heart Tebow is still behind center when Denver plays at Buffalo in December. The guy is a sideshow; there's no question he gives his all and can make a few plays here and there, but against any team worth a spit he'll be made to look silly.

Can anyone imagine Tebow throwing those ducks in the Orchard Park winds?

Im with you. deep ducks to Byrd or Wilson all day.

I am most definitely NOT a Tebow hater. I just don't think he's that good of a QB.

that being said, the ridiculous praise and hype surrounding this guy is getting annoying.

Did anyone catch Micheal "the Cracksmoker" Irvin with the following quote of awesomeness:

"Tebow is God's son"????

I'd give it about a 98.7 percent chance that you just pulled that percentage out of one of your bodily orifices.

3.5 is a quite deliberate figure on my part.

You want to know why there's no one blasting or over analyzing Palmer or Whitehurst?

Because i don't see a thread labeled WHITEHURST!!! or PALMER!!! irrationally extolling all of their supposed football virtues despite mounds of evidence to the contrary.

what inspired me was when tebow WILLED the strip/sack of Matt Moore. I daresay that if tebow wasn't on the sidelines, the rusher probably gets pancaked by the OL across from him.

Praise be to Tebow.

I mostly admire how Tebow inspired his team to a 15 point deficit

Truly He is blessed.

In all honesty, Tebow seems like a decent kid in most matters, but even He is admitting he played like garbage. So why all the buy-in when the guy's team barely scratched by against one of the worst Dolphins teams trotted out in recent memory? That, and the QB was a major contributor to the fact that the game was all but lost. He can be an interesting player on the football field, maybe even a "leader," but He does not have the NFL QB position down yet. There are serious doubts that He ever will. This is not to say He'll never amount to anything in the game, but it'll be entirely up to His team and how they use Him.

I'm not a hater by any means, I just don't get all the Tebow love and the Tebow hate.

Just from what I saw, he can run the ball really well but his throw mechanics are terrible. I'll give him a few games though to see if he's capable of playing against NFL defenses before I jump on a lynch mob.

hmmm....nobody seems to mention the two missed field goals (one against the wind,one with the wind) by Prater.....nah. but then again, that would have been enough to beat Seattle, add one more field goal and it beats the browns too. Again, should colt mccoy convert to wide receiver at this point? The other think lost in all of the hyperbole, Denver was 1 and 4 going into that game.....people act like they were 4-1 and should have rolled the Dolphins (nevermind that the Broncos have NEVER, EVER beaten the dolphins at home). But yeah, the Broncos suck too......young receivers, horrible o-line.....and these are complaints that existed prior to yesterday. They aren't good, they still aren't good, but they are possibly better than they were with Orton.

The history of the NFL is littered with skilled men who failed at the highest level....somewhere in the history to follow will be the story of Tim Tebow. He may succeed and he may fail, but currently, in one start, he has as many wins this season as the 7 year, highly accurate starter he replaced. I believe he will improve, i believe he has the skill set to succeed, i never ever state as fact that he will be great, i simply think a chance is warranted. Conversely, you have the very unbiased Ramius (see his avatar) who can state, with certainty that he will never succeed.....those statements, opinions as facts, are just so irritating.

IDK what to tell you man, other than you must have a selective filter. The Palmer trade was the most talked about thing in the league last week and plenty of people ripped Oakland for it, me included. I'm not going to say "I told you so" for the same reason I wouldn't be saying "I was wrong" if he had played well. It was one half of football, which doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. I don't know if proponents of the trade would be as vocal as Tebow Nation if Oakland had won in the exact fashion that Denver did; I tend to doubt it though. Also, this: