Anderson makes Coples no longer in play

TPS

And I can't say I'm disappointed. He doesn't have the character that Chix look for, and the motivation question mark.

That said, I also hope we stay away from WR at #1--unless there is a definite Calvin Johnson, which I don't see.

OT is the most likely choice now, but I wouldn't rule out a CB. Signing Bell would mean all options are open.

What a great off-season so far! When do the OTAs begin?

You wouldn't take an Hakeem Nicks? There's one Calvin Johnson. To say the only way you'd take a Wr is if he's a Calvin Johnson is crazy. The only way we should take a LT is if he's another Anthony Munoz....

I think that a lot of their moves have been because they were the right players at the right time. Additionally, I believe that buddy has been a little bit more aggressive because he does not see many true big time players in this draft. I've been hearing that there is a lot of depth in this draft. To me, that means that there are a lot of nice football players, but probably not a lot of guys like Dareus or Von Miller. That means, we'll be taking BPA at all draft slots. It also means that we hope to not have to fill a ton of holes.

And I can't say I'm disappointed. He doesn't have the character that Chix look for, and the motivation question mark.

That said, I also hope we stay away from WR at #1--unless there is a definite Calvin Johnson, which I don't see.

OT is the most likely choice now, but I wouldn't rule out a CB. Signing Bell would mean all options are open.

While I agree that OT (specifically LT) is the biggest need on the roster now (followed by OLB and CB), I don't think

that alters the Bills' (and most teams') philosophy of not reaching for need - especially in round 1. To be sure, there

is a wide variation from team to team of who the best players on the board are.

I would still not rule out Melvin Ingram, who seems to be a BPA and have the right attitude and I don't think you

can ever have too many pass rushers and versatile players.

I would not be shocked at a LT, if the Bills are sold on any of Reiff, Martin or Adams.

I would be a little surprised at a CB as I don't see Claiborne available at 10 and I think the next set of CBs has

a lot of questions/red flags.

I could see Floyd making some sense, but I am not sold on him.

I think I'm starting to like choosing Dre Kirkpatrick / CB. He's big, tough and fast. We need another guy, clearly its not McKelvin, McGee's getting old and too often injured and Drayton Florence is also getting up there. Hopefully Williams is the real deal this year. I think we need another CB...

Great move in solving D-line problems. I would resign Bell and extend Freddie Jackson (we need some love for him) and then just focus on the draft!

Edited by cage

Linebacker is our biggest need IMHO, while addressing LT is a priority. We currently we only have 1 good LB and one hopefully at least average. In the first three rounds we must address this and still draft another later. Martin and Reiff are reaches at ten.

Where would we even play Melvin Ingram at this point? You dont want a 1st round pick coming in and riding the bench.

1st round picks need to contribute immediately.

I respectfully disagree. I think that you are better served looking long-term with each pick in the draft than for immediate

returns. The Packers would not have drafted Aaron Rodgers in round 1 given your philosophy since he had to sit for multiple

years behind Favre. That would have been a monumental mistake.

Linebacker is our biggest need IMHO, while addressing LT is a priority. We currently we only have 1 good LB and one hopefully at least average. In the first three rounds we must address this and still draft another later. Martin and Reiff are reaches at ten.

Our Linebackers have gotten a lot better over the past week.

agreed. coples has all the markings of being a bust imo.

Where would we even play Melvin Ingram at this point? You dont want a 1st round pick coming in and riding the bench.

Analysts saying that Melvin Ingram is better suited for a 3-4 than a 4-3 doesn't mean we can't draft a monster of a player. We wouldn't be asking him to punt the ball or kick field goals. We're going to tell him hey Mel, see the QB? GET EM!!!!!

I think I'm starting to like choosing Dre Kirkpatrick / CB. He's big, tough and fast. We need another guy, clearly its not McKelvin, McGee's getting old and too often injured and Drayton Florence is also getting up there. Hopefully Williams is the real deal this year. I think we need another CB...

Great move in solving D-line problems. I would resign Bell and extend Freddie Jackson (we need some love for him) and then just focus on the draft!

I'm too scarred by the Jauron era to accept a cb in the 1st. And I havent closed the book on McKelvin. Why not see what this 1st rounder can do with a pass rush?

The Bills must play to the strengths of this draft and that is anchored by DT's and CB's defensively, and WR's on the offensive side of the ball. I'd say a player who would merit strong consideration in round one is Fletcher Cox out of Mississippi State, a load at DT. The second round should be CB help like Dwight Bentley or Alfonzo Dennard. The third could be a WR, as a group of them are slated to go there. Deep positional picks will help insure that good players fill out what could shape up as a fairly deep roster in July's camp!! GO BILLS!!!!

i don't think Florence, A. Williams, McGee, McLovin is that bad of a group. I'm definitely willing to give them a shot with our new and improved pass rush before spending the 10th pick on a DB.

You gave Fitz the contract, now give him something to work with. Floyd should be the pick. If he's gone, trading down and selecting a WR and LT early would be very smart.

The idea of drafting the BC ILB isn't terrible, but I don't know a lot about the guy. Isn't that essentially giving up on Sheppard already? Doesn't seem smart - that kid could be a gamer.

i don't think Florence, A. Williams, McGee, McLovin is that bad of a group. I'm definitely willing to give them a shot with our new and improved pass rush before spending the 10th pick on a DB.

You gave Fitz the contract, now give him something to work with. Floyd should be the pick. If he's gone, trading down and selecting a WR and LT early would be very smart.

The idea of drafting the BC ILB isn't terrible, but I don't know a lot about the guy. Isn't that essentially giving up on Sheppard already? Doesn't seem smart - that kid could be a gamer.

Kuechly, as has been mentioned many times, both here and on draft sites, has the skill set to play OLB or ILB. He is also a "3-down linebacker", that wouldn't have to leave the field in obvious passing situations, and wouldn't be a liability if a team decides to pass on early downs. That's nice to have.

It would not be giving up on Sheppard.

Kuechly, as has been mentioned many times, both here and on draft sites, has the skill set to play OLB or ILB. He is also a "3-down linebacker", that wouldn't have to leave the field in obvious passing situations, and wouldn't be a liability if a team decides to pass on early downs. That's nice to have.

It would not be giving up on Sheppard.

But the real question is...Does he have character issues? Is he a drug user/dealer, DWI waiting to happen, etc? That's the only way Matthew's Bag likes a player. God knows he doesn't like any positive role models for our kids.

But the real question is...Does he have character issues? Is he a drug user/dealer, DWI waiting to happen, etc? That's the only way Matthew's Bag likes a player. God knows he doesn't like any positive role models for our kids.

Wow, you really are jumping to conclusions! You are playing some dirty pool, too. I don't think Tebow is a good QB. I think he is a nice guy. I like good character players.

You are showing some very self-righteous tendencies. Very "God-Squad" like. Jumping my posts to make such strange accusations. You should ask yourself "Would Timothy Tebow do this?". I think not.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Doubt Coples was ever in play.

while i agree in principle its a whole different story with DE´s. he could come off the bench in a rotation AND contribute immediately. like having 10 sacks or so.

its the rotation you want to have