Anderson makes Coples no longer in play

TPS

Where would we even play Melvin Ingram at this point? You dont want a 1st round pick coming in and riding the bench.

1st round picks need to contribute immediately.

With his versatility he could be used in a multitude of positions from ST to OLB to the hands team on kicks , he is one of the most versatile in this draft .

But with this signing of Anderson i don't know what position Chix is going to choose , but i do know that what ever they do it's going to help the team !!!

The Bills must play to the strengths of this draft and that is anchored by DT's and CB's defensively, and WR's on the offensive side of the ball. I'd say a player who would merit strong consideration in round one is Fletcher Cox out of Mississippi State, a load at DT. The second round should be CB help like Dwight Bentley or Alfonzo Dennard. The third could be a WR, as a group of them are slated to go there. Deep positional picks will help insure that good players fill out what could shape up as a fairly deep roster in July's camp!! GO BILLS!!!!

I have to respectfully disagree with you on a DT at #10, regardless of who it is. The other 2 positions you mention are just fine by me. DT is one of our deepest positions so I think taking one that high is a mistake. Kyle & MD start w/ Spencer Johnson, Troup and Heard competing for the 2 backup spots. Troup was a looking like a force last year before the back issues ended his season before it even started and many people in these chat rooms don’t give Spencer enough credit. He is a solid DT and provides great depth. Draft one of the offensive tackles available at #10 unless there is a WR still available that is worthy of that pick, which IMO Blackmon is the only one and he’ll be gone. I wouldn’t mind trading back into the 1st round to take Floyd or Jeffrey but I think that will end up costing too much. If the WR depth is as good as it sounds, then we should be able to get a few decent WRs later in the draft.

I think I'm starting to like choosing Dre Kirkpatrick / CB. He's big, tough and fast. We need another guy, clearly its not McKelvin, McGee's getting old and too often injured and Drayton Florence is also getting up there. Hopefully Williams is the real deal this year. I think we need another CB...

Great move in solving D-line problems. I would resign Bell and extend Freddie Jackson (we need some love for him) and then just focus on the draft!

Yep, I'm leaning in the same direction, would rather see Kirkpatrick over Floyd. It's a lot easier to find a Stevie J or Cruz in late rounds or FAs, then a stud CB.

Where would we even play Melvin Ingram at this point? You dont want a 1st round pick coming in and riding the bench.

1st round picks need to contribute immediately.

I still wouldn't be opposed to him if he is the BPA. Need depth at D-line. What if Williams or Anderson gets hurt? I think Ingram is an upgrade over any of the current backups. I will only be disappointed if they take a WR in round 1 given the depth at the position this year.

Yep, I'm leaning in the same direction, would rather see Kirkpatrick over Floyd. It's a lot easier to find a Stevie J or Cruz in late rounds or FAs, then a stud CB.

I agree. Kirkpatrick also has a nasty streak in him. Yes, he got busted for pot. Yes, stupid on his part. But lots of college kids do it--not an excuse--but it's not like he was beating his gf or doing something more atrocious.

I think you can find an impact OLB anywhere in the draft, but a franchise LT? They are tough to get! Why not sure up a huge position at the ten spot? Its a win win!

Actually would disagree with that. Yes you can find a LB anywhere in draft, but impact LB's are typically very high draft choices.

I'm too scarred by the Jauron era to accept a cb in the 1st. And I havent closed the book on McKelvin. Why not see what this 1st rounder can do with a pass rush?

I dunno, man. How many more times do we need to see McKelvin stride-for-stride with his receiver, only completely unaware of the ball and entirely unable to make a play on it?

And I can't say I'm disappointed. He doesn't have the character that Chix look for, and the motivation question mark.

That said, I also hope we stay away from WR at #1--unless there is a definite Calvin Johnson, which I don't see.

OT is the most likely choice now, but I wouldn't rule out a CB. Signing Bell would mean all options are open.

What a great off-season so far! When do the OTAs begin?

Dude....there is only 1 Calvin Johnson.

giants took jpp when they had osi and tuck....

just saying

Yes they did

But just something to consider here......we already have drafted for our defense quite a bit....Darius, Williams, and Kelsay were all draftees....AND we have Shawn Merriman already in the fold...

Now we went free agent route and got Mario and Anderson......

To take ANOTHER 1st round DE to me is gonna seem a bit overkill.....we have a full DL of stars and quality backups......but we are sorely lacking at other areas of the team. We gotta use that resource on a weakness....not make a obvious strength more of a obvious strength

Not to mention that Nix has already said he doesn't like the quality of the DE's in the top part of this draft.

Our Linebackers have gotten a lot better over the past week.

Great point! :thumbsup:

I just wrote my comments on the next DraftTek mock, and said this about our LB's (we select Lavonte David in RD2):

"Axed DC George Edwards never utilized Kirk Morrison at weak-side OLB, and Kirk's penciled in to start there, but I want a faster, sideline-to-sideline player who can keep right with our AFC East Tight Ends. Enter Lavonte David, who has averaged 10+ tackles per game over the last two seasons. David's extremely effective on the road, matching instinct with athleticism to be where he needs to be to disrupt. He's the kind of <strong><a href="http://bit.ly/yduROu" target="_blank" > speedbacker Wannstache talks about.</a></strong>"

Wannstedt needs fast linebackers, not the bigger 3-4 OLB's. We're set with Barnett and Shep, but I'm not comfortable with the depth at WLB.

Not to mention that Nix has already said he doesn't like the quality of the DE's in the top part of this draft.

I'd love DE Trevor Guyton in RD5, though...

Now we went free agent route and got Mario and Anderson......

To take ANOTHER 1st round DE to me is gonna seem a bit overkill.....we have a full DL of stars and quality backups......but we are sorely lacking at other areas of the team. We gotta use that resource on a weakness....not make a obvious strength more of a obvious strength

I wouldnt take another de unless he could also play olb

i still think a trade down is our best option unless they want tannehill

we go to get a cb lt lb and a wr, and a potential starter at qb, in this draft