Demetrius Bell - Now an Eagle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it would be in the best interest of the team to re-sign Demetrius Bell, our starting left tackle from last season. Our offensive line really worked well together, even with the rash of injuries, giving up the fewest sacks I can recall in recent memory. It would also stop the decade long "develope and watch them leave" approach to our left tackle position. We can then use our draft to build up our depth at linebacker, cornerback, wide receiver, and tackle. Heck, we can throw in a few more pass rushers while we're at it. I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd or Kirkpatrick picked at 10 if we're not sold on the available tackles.

I concur! Now let's convince people over at 1 Bills Drive and we're all set. OK? You first!

That's what other articles stated as well, apparently teams are offering him RT starter money with the idea of having a solid backup at LT. Surprises me somewhat unless RT is a position that is less injury prone. He clearly has shown last year that he can be a starter caliber LT; 0.5 sack allowed in what was it 6 games?

Agree, it's hard to say what these teams are thinking other than he is not good enough to be their starting LT for the $$. Surprises me Philly didn't even offer him.

KFFL@kffl #NFL News - Packers | To meet with Demetrius Bell - Updating a previous item, the Green Bay Packers will meet with ... http://owl.li/1ixR5A

PFT was reporting that it was news to Bell that he was visiting Green Bay; that he has no plans of going to Wisconsin. I think if another team wanted him, he would have been signed by now. He hasn't much time left before the draft and his best bet it to get a contract with whomever before the draft. I really wish he would re-sign with the Bills. But I do think the team should draft a LT even if Bell re-signs. Are there any UFA LT out there still that the team could sign for depth purposes if Bell doesn't come back?

PFT was reporting that it was news to Bell that he was visiting Green Bay; that he has no plans of going to Wisconsin. I think if another team wanted him, he would have been signed by now. He hasn't much time left before the draft and his best bet it to get a contract with whomever before the draft. I really wish he would re-sign with the Bills. But I do think the team should draft a LT even if Bell re-signs. Are there any UFA LT out there still that the team could sign for depth purposes if Bell doesn't come back?
Bell, I'm guessing, will most likely not be signed by any team until after the draft.

Whoops!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Eagles Insider reports a 5-yr contract. Wow!

https://twitter.com/...561418764206080

Big gamble by the Birds given Bell's inability to stay on the field.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora Eagles and former Bills T Demetress Bell agree on a five-year deal. (note the proper spelling of his first name - was previously Demetrius)

New team...new name???

Big gamble by the Birds given Bell's inability to stay on the field.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora Eagles and former Bills T Demetress Bell agree on a five-year deal. (note the proper spelling of his first name - was previously Demetrius)

New team...new name???

What the heck is that all about? I have faith in Ehrik Wood, Andee Levitre, and Kryss Hairston

I would assume that when the actual contract is revealed, the Eagles will be able to get out of it after one year, with not all that much damage done. But it seems clear to me that Bell and his agent did the right thing by waiting. And all the whining about nobody wants him or he should just sign and get it over with was just that, whining.

He is in a good situation with a pretty good team, a starting job for at least a year to show his wares and ability to stay healthy, and probably more money in the first year than he would have gotten elsewhere on a one year deal.