Favorite movie scenes

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This scene from the 1925 "Phantom of the Opera", contains one of the greatest entrances in movie history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRuPzVXlcKM

Still this scene had to have been a thrill for audiences back in 1925. After seeing the shocking unmasking of the phantom and seeing Lon Chaney's incredible make-up, we then move to this amazing two strip technicolor sequence, which is fantastic to behold.

In my opinion this is the best "Red Death" costume from any Phantom of the Opera production.

I apologize for this being a long video, but this was the best one I could find.

I loved Keaton in The General. Wonderful movie.

You sir have great taste in movies. Probably my favorite movie ever-I have it in blu ray. The last great silent film ever made. Buster was a phenomenal athlete that wrote the book on physical comedy

You sir have great taste in movies. Probably my favorite movie ever-I have it in blu ray. The last great silent film ever made. Buster was a phenomenal athlete that wrote the book on physical comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=f-y36kHok4U&feature=related

He had to be a great athlete, some of the stunts he performed in that movie were quite remarkable for that time period.

Also, that train crash at the end was the single most expensive shot in all of silent films. $42,000 in those days, probably over $2 million now-a-days.

It's a shame people don't see the true value of these old films anymore just because they're so much stimulation in movies today. I'll take an Alfred Hitchcock thriller over almost any current movie.

He had to be a great athlete, some of the stunts he performed in that movie were quite remarkable for that time period.

Some of them are remarkable for this time period.

You can really see how he directly influenced Lucille Ball (and indirectly, John Ritter) too.