Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

Obama said Trayvon Martin's death particularly resonated with him as an African-American parent.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said in brief remarks outside the White House.

I do not think it is wise for the president to further inject race into the incident

It certainly does not help the situation itself, but it's wise for Barack.

And as you know, this tragedy is all about Barack..................... Just ask him.

Everything is.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the people complaining about the "Stand your ground" law not being perfect......of course it isn't. What law accounts for every possible situation. Sure, maybe it can be tweaked to be better, but if the law required retreat, it could put innocent people even more in harms way. We live in a violent world, it would be nice not to need guns and laws like this, but innocent people need to defend themselves.

That said, whatever happened in this case is absolutely tragic. The evidence presented, although seems handpicked, points at this not being self defense.

I do not think it is wise for the president to further inject race into the incident

It certainly does not help the situation itself, but it's wise for Barack.

And as you know, this tragedy is all about Barack..................... Just ask him.

Everything is.

Just saw on the news that prior to the question to Obama regarding Trayvon a member of the administration went over to the reporter that asked the question and whispered in his ear. Con Artist in Chief.

Edited by 3rdnlng

!@#$ Al Sharpon. !@#$ the media who LOVES these stories and stokes the flames to sell papers. !@#$ Jesse Jackson. !@#$ Obama for sticking his nose in the situation AGAIN. !@#$ white guilt-ridden !@#$s who feel the need to pat black people on the head to show how "not racist" they are. !@#$ black people for getting all "outraged" over this while stepping over the bodies on their own sidewalks littered with bullet holes put in them by other black people, !@#$ Eric Holder that incompetent shitbag for getting involved in this, but ignoring worse criminal cases and !@#$ lybob and other liberal !@#$s just on general principal.

This is just sad. I feel bad for you man.

There seems to such universal outrage over this thing. Just wondering where the main stream and social media was when all the flash mobbing by blacks was going on against whites? Like the Wisconsin Fair thing? Had to read about that on the internet.

Edited by Dante

There seems to such universal outrage over this thing. Just wondering where the main stream and social media was when all the flash mobbing by blacks was going on against whites? Like the Wisconsin Fair thing? Had to read about that on the internet.

I just saw this story for the first time today. You'd think two black teens setting a white teen on fire because he's white would get some play.

Maybe someone will ask the president what he thinks of this story.

I just saw this story for the first time today. You'd think two black teens setting a white teen on fire because he's white would get some play.

Maybe someone will ask the president what he thinks of this story.

I read about that a few weeks ago... Pretty sad! Did they catch the perps? I would hope they would least investigate right after they get the perps.

The thing abou this story is that they didn't even bring in Zimmerman... They knew where he was. Why give the dead body a drug test and not the guy doing the shooting.

The police chief stepped down with a vote of no confidence.

What is bothering people (I know me) is how the events AFTER the incident has been playing out.

I read about that a few weeks ago... Pretty sad! Did they catch the perps? I would hope they would least investigate right after they get the perps.

The thing abou this story is that they didn't even bring in Zimmerman... They knew where he was. Why give the dead body a drug test and not the guy doing the shooting.

The police chief stepped down with a vote of no confidence.

What is bothering people (I know me) is how the events AFTER the incident has been playing out.

Yes they did bring in Zimmerman for an interview. I'm hearing that witnesses claim they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman while they were both on the ground with Trayvon punching him in the face. Zimmerman had lacerations to his face and the back of his head plus grass stains on his back. So, why don't we sit back and let the Grand Jury do its job?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Yes they did bring in Zimmerman for an interview. I'm hearing that witnesses claim they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman while they were both on the ground with Trayvon punching him in the face. Zimmerman had lacerations to his face and the back of his head plus grass stains on his back. So, why don't we sit back and let the Grand Jury do its job?

^^^This.

Local talk radio's been saying the same thing.

Bloody nose

Cuts on his face

The back of his jacket had grass stains and was wet.

Sounds like he was getting his ass kicked.

Still, he should have listened to the directions of the dispatcher.

Where is self-defense here?... Seems like Trayvon was acting in self-defense... Zimmerman was ordered not to pursue Martin. By pursuing, Zimmerman invoked an attack... Should Trayvon "stand his ground"... Why should he have to retreat...

Zimmerman was the original attacker for following him.

This is a charging foul by Zimmerman. Martin stood his ground. Would you stand there and wait to get shot? Sure Martin did get shot in the end... But if you say what is true... He at least went down with a fight!

^^^This.

Local talk radio's been saying the same thing.

Bloody nose

Cuts on his face

The back of his jacket had grass stains and was wet.

Sounds like he was getting his ass kicked.

Still, he should have listened to the directions of the dispatcher.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying he isn't guilty. I just think Judge Al Sharpton shouldn't be trying him. What happens if the Grand Jury fails to hold him over for trial?

The standard is being applied wrong because Martin is dead. Zimmerman was the attacker... He followed him... He is the aggressor... Simple. Martin acted in self-defense. Again... The bad thing... Martin lost, he is dead... His voice in the investigation has been lost and that voice default to Zimmerman wrongly.

The standard is being applied wrong because Martin is dead. Zimmerman was the attacker... He followed him... He is the aggressor... Simple. Martin acted in self-defense. Again... The bad thing... Martin lost, he is dead... His voice in the investigation has been lost and that voice default to Zimmerman wrongly.

I didn't realize you examined all the evidence?

Thank you, eye witness.

Sincerely,

M. Nifong

Where is self-defense here?... Seems like Trayvon was acting in self-defense... Zimmerman was ordered not to pursue Martin. By pursuing, Zimmerman invoked an attack... Should Trayvon "stand his ground"... Why should he have to retreat...

This is a charging foul by Zimmerman. Martin stood his ground. Would you stand there and wait to get shot? Sure Martin did get shot in the end... But if you say what is true... He at least went down with a fight!

I'll forward your eye witness account to the Grand Jury. Expect to get your subpoena soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying he isn't guilty. I just think Judge Al Sharpton shouldn't be trying him. What happens if the Grand Jury fails to hold him over for trial?

No, I know that. The forensic evidence, will be key. Trajectory of the bullet..etc.

I believe I read that at one point in the tape Zimmerman says that treyvon was now coming toward him and had his hand in his waiste.

I think the Grand Jury will indicte.

The damning part IF TRUE is that Zimmerman was told to back down before even confronting Martin. IF TRUE, this immediately makes Zimmerman the attacker.

2 minutes roughing=Martin

2 minutes rough=Zimmerman

10 minute game misconduct=Zimmerman

I know that is a lame and sill analogy.

Some crazy guy follows you... Are you gonna lay down and get shot or go down with at least a fight? Why does Martin have to be passive here? Zimmerman wasn't a cop. Martin didn't have to get passive. Sure, common sense would tell you to do anything to survive... Including be passive.

Fight or flight. Zimmerman FROM WHAT IT APPEARS was on the attack.

No, I know that. The forensic evidence, will be key. Trajectory of the bullet..etc.

I believe I read that at one point in the tape Zimmerman says that treyvon was now coming toward him and had his hand in his waiste.

Doesn't matter if 911 told Zimmerman to disengage... Then you disengage. Why did he engage Martin?

The bad thing is even though the writer of the law didn't intend it, the law is so badly written that Zimmerman may not be able to be charged- on the other hand turn about is fair play, If I was Zimmerman I wouldn't venture into public spaces alone at least in Florida.

You would think so, but there must have been some reason he wasn't already arrested. FWIW, I also heard that Trayvon didn't live in this gated community. Not that it is crucial to this but I just remember Tawana Brawley and the Duke lacrosse deal.

Any source for that witness report?

You would think so, but there must have been some reason he wasn't already arrested. FWIW, I also heard that Trayvon didn't live in this gated community. Not that it is crucial to this but I just remember Tawana Brawley and the Duke lacrosse deal.

Read this article on this. Its pretty good.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/22/trayvon-martin-case-not-as-conclusive-as-people-think-says-legal-expert/

Let me know what you think.

You're making a lot of assumptions here.

First, pursuing someone you think is up to something doesn't necessarily make one an aggressor. Zimmerman had every right to follow him if he thought he was up to something and he is under no obligation to follow the advice of a 911 dispatcher. The fact that he called 911 is, although not dispositive, evidence of good faith.

Following him also doesn't make him the attacker. If he's following him, Trayvon decides he doesn't like being followed, and attacks him then Trayvon is the attacker. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it could have. We don't know.

By saying he went down with a fight you're contradicting your own theory. Just because someone is following you to see what you're up to, even if they confront you, does not require you to retreat, nor does it allow you to attack. If when confronted Trayvon attacked him the only pertinent question at that point is whether a reasonable person in Zimmerman's position would have feared for his safety.

Unless you can establish who started the physical altercation, NOT the confrontation, you have no case. Period.

Also, it's unlikely he would start a fist fight with a guy holding a gun on him. Presumably the guy had the gun in his belt and pulled it after the fight ensued.

This is just sad. I feel bad for you man.

Sad? Feel bad for me? Dont feel bad for me, pal.

I REJECT the latest dog and pony show faux outrage clown car circus of agenda driven societal stupidity and Im feeling pretty good about it.

Pretty damned good.

So you go and waste anger and angst and energy participating in the bull **** that this case is. I'll be out enjoying my weekend.

Edited by RkFast

Sad? Feel bad for me? Dont feel bad for me, pal.

I REJECT the latest dog and pony show faux outrage clown car circus of agenda driven societal stupidity and Im feeling pretty good about it.

Pretty damned good.

So you go and waste anger and angst and energy participating in the bull **** that this case is. I'll be out enjoying my weekend.

Wanting justice for the murder of a 17 year old kid is agenda driven and just stupid. :rolleyes:

You're really upset bro!

Also, it's unlikely he would start a fist fight with a guy holding a gun on him. Presumably the guy had the gun in his belt and pulled it after the fight ensued.

So if someone... NOT a cop pulls a weapon... You are going to lay down and be passive and do what they say? Hell yeah, I am going to pick a fight right then and there! Sure you might end up dead... But right then and there is your best chance... You start doing what the NON-cop says... You will almost certainly become a victim.

Fight or flight... Martin choose to fight. What is wrong with that? Besides ending up dead... Which crime experts warn people that if you start doing what the guy with the weapon tells you... That is a given death sentence most of the time.

Some guy stalks you... What are you gonna do. Stand your ground or run? What if he is John Wayne Gacy. Gonna deal with the dude?

Now if Trayvon runs... Doesn't he look guilty?