Obama Campaign Video

By the looks of things here, it seems there aren't many Obama fans. But, speaking from a purely politics point of view I thought his new campaign video is top notch. Great job on pointing out his achievements. You may not like his policies, but the guy can campaign better then the rest. I don't see him losing in November.

Here is the video:

It is sort of long, so I doubt many of you even sit through it. Haha

I'm starting to think you guys get paid for linking this thing as often as possible.

While I don't need Tom Hanks to tell me a different version of what I already know, I can certainly understand how a progressive would love this movie. It would be like Sports Illustrated saying that if you buy a one-year subscription, they'll send you the special video "Super Bowl XLVI: The New England Patriot's Path To Victory."

By the looks of things here, it seems there aren't many Obama fans. But, speaking from a purely politics point of view I thought his new campaign video is top notch. Great job on pointing out his achievements. You may not like his policies, but the guy can campaign better then the rest. I don't see him losing in November.

Here is the video:

It is sort of long, so I doubt many of you even sit through it. Haha

I realize you may be new to these parts, but I am sure you are going to have near universal agreement on this post! :thumbsup:

Its not too suprising that you enjoyed it fjl2nd, you are its target audience. I certainly do not think it will have any effect outside of Mr. Obama's already smitten base.

Here is some outtakes from that well known "Right-wing" rag....The Washington Post....lol

WaPo

FACT CHECK: An Obama campaign film comes with some fiction

on the Democratic side. A polished new film from President Barack Obamas campaign, out Thursday night, pushes the gauzy hero worship beyond what has really happened in recounting the auto industry bailout and recovery. Called The Road Weve Traveled, the fundraising film takes Republican front-runner Mitt Romney out of context in the process.

A look at recent claims from the campaign trail and how they compare with the facts:

OBAMA CAMPAIGN on the automakers recovery: With business booming, they repaid their loans.

THE FACTS: The General Motors and Chrysler aid has not been paid back in full, and it is unlikely to be, contrary to the films narrator, actor Tom Hanks.

More than $1 billion of the $12.5 billion Chrysler bailout is not expected to come back to the government. The government has recouped more than $22 billion of its nearly $50 billion GM bailout after agreeing to take stock in return for most of its investment. But the governments remaining stock would have to rise massively in value for taxpayers to get all their money back. If the stock were sold at some recent values, taxpayers would still be out more than $10 billion.

and again......WaPo

The Road Weve Traveled: A misleading account of Obamas mother and her insurance dispute

Posted by Glenn Kessler

Narrator Tom Hanks: He knew from experience the cost of waiting [on health care reform].

President Obama : When my mom got cancer, she wasnt a wealthy woman and it pretty much drained all her resources

Michelle Obama: She developed ovarian cancer, never really had good, consistent insurance. Thats a tough thing to deal with, watching your mother die of something that could have been prevented. I dont think he wants to see anyone go through that.

Hanks: And he remembered the millions of families like of his who feel the pressure of rising costs and the fear of being denied or dropped from coverage.

--series of statements with images of Obama and his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, in the Obama campaign film The Road Weve Traveled

The Road Weve Traveled is a very slick and impressively produced campaign filmsheer catnip for Obama fans. There are a number of facts and figures that could be challenged, but for now we are going to focus on this sequence. The series of words and images is an excellent example of how such films can create a misleading impression, while skirting as close as possible to the edge of falsehood.

{snip}

In the end, the impression left by the film, especially if you watch it (go to the 8:45 mark), is very similar to Obamas 2008 campaign rhetoric: His mother was denied health-insurance coverage, draining her resources, and with better coverage she might have lived longer. The film suggests this experience helped inspire the president to keep fighting for the health care law, even in the face of advice from aides that he accept a less-than-satisfactory compromise.

Note that none of the quotes in the film actually use the words health insurance or health insurance coverage. Instead, the first lady says insurance and Hanks says coverage, which could just as easily mean disability insurance. But that would not be as evocativeor as motivating.

Edited by B-Man

Its not too suprising that you enjoyed it fjl2nd, you are its target audience. I certainly do not think it will have any effect outside of Mr. Obama's already smitten base.

Here is some outtakes from that well known "Right-wing" rag....The Washington Post....lol

WaPo

and again......WaPo

B-man whats up buddy?! Haha.

I was just pointing that the video is well made and great political stuff. Doesn't matter whether I agree with it all or not. (Which I don't)

B-man whats up buddy?! Haha.

I was just pointing that the video is well made and great political stuff. Doesn't matter whether I agree with it all or not. (Which I don't)

Fair enough sir, nothing wrong with admiring the professional Hollywood production of his campaign.

but there's no Bush to run against this time, times are rough and people are looking for reality, not slickness.

perhaps if their next effort had George Clooney and some CGI......................

Fair enough sir, nothing wrong with admiring the professional Hollywood production of his campaign.

but there's no Bush to run against this time, times are rough and people are looking for reality, not slickness.

perhaps if their next effort had George Clooney and some CGI......................

Honest opinion: Do you think the Republicans can win the White House this year? I don't see it personally. I see Obama winning against Romney by a fairly close margin. Blowout if it's Santorum.

Honest opinion: Do you think the Republicans can win the White House this year? I don't see it personally. I see Obama winning against Romney by a fairly close margin. Blowout if it's Santorum.

I can see Romney winning, because all the "battleground" states that Mr. Obama took in 2008 (Pa., Mi. Oh., and the like) are all still struggling and will turn to someone with more business experience. Also I think that some of the mud that the dems will try and throw against him (Religion, wealth, etc. ) will not only not be effective, but will boomarang against them.

Back to The Road we've Traveled , how could I forget the biggest howler in the thing (and certainly the winner for the year)

Tom Hanks: "Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president. Now when he faced his country who looked to him for answers, he would not dwell in blame or dream in idealism,"

Seriously ? ? Would not dwell in blame ?

His frequent blames are a national joke. Just ask Mr. Bush, The GOP, The Arab Spring, The Japanese Earthquake,.......did I mention Mr. Bush ?

I can see Romney winning, because all the "battleground" states that Mr. Obama took in 2008 (Pa., Mi. Oh., and the like) are all still struggling and will turn to someone with more business experience. Also I think that some of the mud that the dems will try and throw against him (Religion, wealth, etc. ) will not only not be effective, but will boomarang against them.

Back to The Road we've Traveled , how could I forget the biggest howler in the thing (and certainly the winner for the year)

His frequent blames are a national joke. Just ask Mr. Bush, The GOP, The Arab Spring, The Japanese Earthquake,.......did I mention Mr. Bush ?

Or (not) dream in idealism? :w00t:

Edited by 3rdnlng

Oh, and Fox News.

He's apparently losing white males because they only "hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7” from Fox News. :lol:

Miller was right: any more thin skinned and he'd need a reservoir tip.

Does anyone else think Tom Hanks is the biggest douche in Hollywood?

I can't put my finger on why I feel this way, but for some reason he comes off worse to me than George Clooney, Alec Baldwin, or any other Hollywood type, and it's not even close. I used to be a fan; Forest Gump, the Green Mile; he was great in those movies. Lately his acting is weak (Larry Crown) and he just comes off as a creepy wierd dude in general.

And I thought this before I knew about this ball washing he just graced the chosen one with. BTW, This piece was really embarassing regardless of politics. Someone should ask him if when it was over did he spit or swallow.

Does anyone else think Tom Hanks is the biggest douche in Hollywood?

I can't put my finger on why I feel this way, but for some reason he comes off worse to me than George Clooney, Alec Baldwin, or any other Hollywood type, and it's not even close. I used to be a fan; Forest Gump, the Green Mile; he was great in those movies. Lately his acting is weak (Larry Crown) and he just comes off as a creepy wierd dude in general.

And I thought this before I knew about this ball washing he just graced the chosen one with. BTW, This piece was really embarassing regardless of politics. Someone should ask him if when it was over did he spit or swallow.

He produced "Band of Brothers" and produced and starred in "Saving Private Ryan". It's amazing how these Hollywood stars will play a tough, principled person on the screen and believe so differently in real life. I'm not talking Tom Hanks so much here, but take your Clooney and Baldwin--they know where the money is and will take it even if they are promoting something against their beliefs. Baldwin is by far the worst. It's a shame, "Hunt For Red October" was a pretty damn good movie, and I have no desire to see it again, but only because of his douchebaggery. That's my rant.

Obama has polled pretty well against Romney in most states. I think he holds on to Pennsylvania for sure. I don't think Michigan likes Romney too much for all of his comments. Ohio may be a little tougher. Florida is also in play. Should be a good race, but I just don't think Romney can rally enough support.

He produced "Band of Brothers" and produced and starred in "Saving Private Ryan". It's amazing how these Hollywood stars will play a tough, principled person on the screen and believe so differently in real life. I'm not talking Tom Hanks so much here, but take your Clooney and Baldwin--they know where the money is and will take it even if they are promoting something against their beliefs. Baldwin is by far the worst. It's a shame, "Hunt For Red October" was a pretty damn good movie, and I have no desire to see it again, but only because of his douchebaggery. That's my rant.

I don't think anybody likes Alec Baldwin. He is not funny and is an !@#$ in real life.

I don't think anybody likes Alec Baldwin. He is not funny and is an !@#$ in real life.

Which is why he would portray DC Tom in a movie. :D

I love that thread so much. I'm glad Selmon dug it up.

I'm starting to think you guys get paid for linking this thing as often as possible.

While I don't need Tom Hanks to tell me a different version of what I already know, I can certainly understand how a progressive would love this movie. It would be like Sports Illustrated saying that if you buy a one-year subscription, they'll send you the special video "Super Bowl XLVI: The New England Patriot's Path To Victory."

No, in Barry's world, every American's team wins the SB every year. Hooray for the Bills, the NFL's 2011 SB champeen!

Romney will win. And if it's true that he has a deal in the works with Ron Paul, fuggedaboudit!

Obama has polled pretty well against Romney in most states. I think he holds on to Pennsylvania for sure. I don't think Michigan likes Romney too much for all of his comments. Ohio may be a little tougher. Florida is also in play. Should be a good race, but I just don't think Romney can rally enough support.

Romney hasn't campaigned against the President yet. Once he has the nomination sown up, it'll be interesting to see how things change.

Right now, I expect the race to be close until the last week or 2 and then 1 of them will pull away. Unless the President can change the answer to the question Reagan asked the American people: 'are you better off today than you were 4 years ago,' then he'll be a 1 and done. If the economy is coming around or if something major breaks his way, then he might be able to have that question break his way; right now, it's not there.

Which is why he would portray DC Tom in a movie. :D

I love that thread so much. I'm glad Selmon dug it up.

Yes, but could Alex come across as knowing everything? Besides there has already been enough Attilla the Hun movies.

Don't let that ruin it for you. I'm a big Alec Baldwin fan. I hear he's a real dick but so are half the athletes we root for. And the guy's one of the great actors of our generation. He's so good his 2 brothers got to be actors just by riding his coattails.