Mallet could become available

"Clayton said on ESPN Radio over the weekend according to ESPNBoston.com. "Tim Tebow is probably going to be traded. He's not going to Jacksonville, they've already got Chad Henne. New England. You trade him to New England and groom him to be kind of a role player, and then you trade Ryan Mallett in some way."

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/03/could_tim_tebow.html

Would love to have this guy here, he was one of the QBs I was hoping to draft last year.

How many mediocre QB prospect crusades can a single poster engage in at once?

Mods?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Let's give up a top 10 pick overall who finally flashed his talent when given the chance for a slow, coke snorting, guy who played good agaisnt 3rd stringers and guys out of the league.

Spiller can easily be replaced, a potential franchise QB can not.

How many mediocre QB prospect crusades can a single poster engage in at once?

Mods?

As many as I want until we get a legit QB here.

Mallet will look good until he starts to get hit a few times, he makes Bledsoe look athletic, you better have an airtight OL and WRs with tons of speed if he's your QB.

Did you see him play? I love how you guys think he is some statue when I saw him make plenty of big runs down the Field.

Good grief, you deserve a lifetime Hot Pockets fan achievement award. Is there ANY QB you wouldn't love to have on the Bills? Tannehill, then Tebow, now Mallet???

If you were the GM, the Bills would probably carry nine QBs.

Nope just two and the third QB would a TE who played QB in college. I just want a better QB here so we don't waste Mario's talent.

I watched almost every Arkansas game during Mallet's last season there. He can slide into a pocket and side step blitzers. Which is more than I can say for Brady's Athleticism.

Thank you :worthy: :worthy:

I wanted us to draft Mallet BADLY... and I would still love to have him on the roster

Me too! Now trading spiller for him is absurd because it wont take spiller to get him. However, this kid can play and the people calling him a statue either know nothing about Mallet (other than his 40 time) or know nothing about football mobility...or both.

40 times have literally NO RELEVANCE in regards to pocket mobility. Brady, Manning, Montana are all slow as molasses...but they dont get sacked much...why, because they are able to read the D pre snap to feel for the pressure then slide within the pocket to by more time to avoid the rush. The only time 40 times matter for a QB is in an open scramble, and even then Mallet did ok at Arkansas.

This kid can really throw and is a real NFL QB prosppect unlike Tebow

Wouldn't say third round is low but I'd trade a fourth and Spiller for him. I like everything about Fitz but his arm and sadly this limitation is what is going to keep us from being Super Bowl contender.

New login name, BillfromNYC?

Agreed. Not too many crack heads that run like Frankenstein have been big time NFL QBs.

Meth

You'd trade a 4th AND spiller for him? Pass the pipe.

The Meth pipe?

Good point. Let's give up a top 10 pick overall who finally flashed his talent when given the chance for a slow, coke snorting, guy who played good agaisnt 3rd stringers and guys out of the league.

Meth.

:D

And, trading spiller and a 4....for mallet? Perhaps it's time for some "before and after" crystal meth photos? I will leave that to crayons, but, those of you in favor of this silliness? Perhaps it's time to seriously consider the value of just saying no.....both to whatever you are smoking....and to free association posts.

Me too! Now trading spiller for him is absurd because it wont take spiller to get him. However, this kid can play and the people calling him a statue either know nothing about Mallet (other than his 40 time) or know nothing about football mobility...or both.

40 times have literally NO RELEVANCE in regards to pocket mobility. Brady, Manning, Montana are all slow as molasses...but they dont get sacked much...why, because they are able to read the D pre snap to feel for the pressure then slide within the pocket to by more time to avoid the rush. The only time 40 times matter for a QB is in an open scramble, and even then Mallet did ok at Arkansas.

This kid can really throw and is a real NFL QB prosppect unlike Tebow

Which is why NE* drafted him, and why he won't 'become available' - Mallett is their* franchise QB after Brady* retires next season.

The best the Bills can hope for now is to draft Arizona's Nick Foles (another 'Mallett-type' in terms of sheer size and arm strength, but without the character/intellect/substance 'issues') in round 6 or 7, and develop him to take the reins after Fitz starts to show signs of age in 3-4 years...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator