What about London??

D521646

Why not sign London Fletcher back? Prolly get him for league veteran, (Perhaps a bit more) but I think it makes a lot of sense. He's a veteran tough guy, GREAT locker room presence (Captain type), and boy what he could teach our new guys at LB.. I think this would be a solid move for the Bills.

Thoughts?

Tim-

What does he offer us that Kelvin Sheppard doesn't?

Supposedly K.Sheppard has been working his arse off to improve...I have high hopes for the kid.

I thought he played fantastic last year. Im not surprised at all he is a starting LB in year 2

I agree. People were hard on him last season, but I think a lot of it was unfair. I think he'll end up being a solid player for us.

Please not London. yes he makes allot of tackles, but hes a trailer, who runs around blockers, and isnt great at pass coverage. Never been a fan of his, unless your playing a bend dont break type of defense, or have a freelancing go for broke type defense with a high scoring offense. Think we need someone with more size who is willing to take on and shed blockers to improve out run defense in a way that gets them off the field rather than prolong drives.

I agree. People were hard on him last season, but I think a lot of it was unfair. I think he'll end up being a solid player for us.

When Kyle Williams went down with a season ending injury, Dareus was pretty much targeted and double teamed...The other stiffs could neither stop the run or rush the passer from that front four. When the front four cannot block, the LBs cannot shed their blocks and get to the ball carrier....

A healthy Williams and Mario on that front four, our LBs will be much better in getting the penetration into the back field.

We needed a game changer on that line and now we have three...

I actually would be fine with Bringing back London at 1.5-2.2 Million a year. We could move Barnett to OLB and have a LB core of Morrison-Fletcher-Barnett and have Sheppard be the 4th guy as depth. But I don't think they will make this move. Not that London wouldn't want to come back but rather that the FO would likely want Barnett to stay at MLB and would want to go younger at that position.

Please not London. yes he makes allot of tackles, but hes a trailer, who runs around blockers, and isnt great at pass coverage. Never been a fan of his, unless your playing a bend dont break type of defense, or have a freelancing go for broke type defense with a high scoring offense. Think we need someone with more size who is willing to take on and shed blockers to improve out run defense in a way that gets them off the field rather than prolong drives.

I actually agree that in his later Bills and Redskin days Fletcher became more of a trailer. But I think that in his first few years in Buffalo the guy was able to take contact and really slip past defenders. His pass coverage is actually decent but nothing special. All in all he is a clean up type MLB. And although he wouldn't be a bad fit for the Bills currently they likely want youth at that position.

I actually would be fine with Bringing back London at 1.5-2.2 Million a year. We could move Barnett to OLB and have a LB core of Morrison-Fletcher-Barnett and have Sheppard be the 4th guy as depth. But I don't think they will make this move. Not that London wouldn't want to come back but rather that the FO would likely want Barnett to stay at MLB and would want to go younger at that position.

Barnett is playing outside.

How about tackle totals of 132, 116, 147, 133, 142, 157, 146, 128, 133, 142, 136, and 166 in the last 12 years?

And how many were at or behind the line of scrimmage?

He has always been a "trailer." If you come to my area i'll tackle you. And i'll be a fantasy football stud with 9 tackles per game. But i'll never make game-changing plays in real life because i dont go upfield.