What would you give up in a trade for Dwight Freeney?

58 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up for Dwight Freeney?

• 1st Round Pick
    • 2nd Round Pick
    • 3rd Round Pick
    • 4th Round Pick
    • 5th Round Pick
    • 6th Round Pick
    • 7th Round Pick
    • I do not want Dwight Freeney

With the Colts cleaning house, it appears they are desperate to trade the 32 year old DE Dwight Freeney. He is going to make about $14 million this year (his last year on his contract) but still has the talent of one of the top pass rushers in the AFC.

I personally would consider giving up a 5th rounder for him. I think he instantly fills a starting role on this team and will almost certainly out produce any DE we take in the 5th round. If we can hammer out a new deal with for some reasonable money moving forward, he could be our started for the next 3-4 years.

102.5 career sacks born February 1980. He may have 1 good season left maybe 3 tops. Not a big man only 6'1 265. I'd be inclined to let the Colts cut him loose rather than be on the hook for $14 million in '12. He won't need to restructure his deal that's his choice if you make the trade. He could be a Wanny favorite like Charles Haley on the early 90s Cowboys team.

With the Colts cleaning house, it appears they are desperate to trade the 32 year old DE Dwight Freeney. He is going to make about $14 million this year (his last year on his contract) but still has the talent of one of the top pass rushers in the AFC.

I personally would consider giving up a 5th rounder for him. I think he instantly fills a starting role on this team and will almost certainly out produce any DE we take in the 5th round. If we can hammer out a new deal with for some reasonable money moving forward, he could be our started for the next 3-4 years.

The only way I can see the Bills getting him is to wait for the Colts to cut him and then get him as a FA. He makes way too much money for us to trade for him and IMO, he won’t agree to restructure his current deal to come to Buffalo. I can only see him doing that to go to a team ready to contend right now like ATL or SF.

I do not want a player of his salary demands that seems to be on the decline. He is 32 years old, and may be an upgrade in the short term, but how many years does he have left against what the team could get with a younger free agent, or even drafted young talent?

Big names don't always mean big results, sometimes teams actually let these guys go for a reason.

Thats way too much money for a guy his age. I understand he's an awesome pass rusher but 14mil? you might as well go after Mario Williams.

I voted 4th rounder before I saw the $$ he is owed. I'd only get him in FA. For 14 mill you are correct, you could get Williams.

Older guys looking for one last huge payday should not be the focus.

Normally i would agree with you whole heartedly.

But with Buddy's comments about DE's in the draft. And i do not think he is posturing. he has not done so thus far. Freeney, or another older vet, might be an option.

Draft one of the guys in the second round. Let him play behind Kelsay and Freeney for a year. Start using him more as a pass rusher to replace Kelsay on passing downs. For two-3 years you would have a good DE rotation, in theory.

I could also see the Bills trying to steal a page from the Giants play book and have all three guys on the field

Freeney would most likely do a restructure/extension. 3 year deal. $10 mil a season, with like $18 being gauranteed might get it done?

A bag of peanuts and probably a paperclip.

Leodis is very talented, I would be surprised if he was shipped out of here, can never have enough decent corners in a passing league

Leodis makes opposing WRs look talented. Chalk him up on a very long list of BUSTS that we've drafted.

Edited by DreReed83

^I dont disagree, I still have hope for the guy, he is usually in decent position just doesnt have great ball skills. A guy can dream cant he 0:)

If he's in decent position then he should take some volleyball lessons and learn to hit the ball if he can't catch it. Unless he's completey inept and doesn't have good hand eye coordination. This guy keeps falling down the depth chart. I wonder why.