What would you give up in a trade for Dwight Freeney?

58 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up for Dwight Freeney?

• 1st Round Pick
    • 2nd Round Pick
    • 3rd Round Pick
    • 4th Round Pick
    • 5th Round Pick
    • 6th Round Pick
    • 7th Round Pick
    • I do not want Dwight Freeney

I voted 4th rounder before I saw the $$ he is owed. I'd only get him in FA. For 14 mill you are correct, you could get Williams.

Yeah it just seems like an early 2000's Redskins move doesn't it? haha, just something about it gleams Dan Snyder

With the Colts cleaning house, it appears they are desperate to trade the 32 year old DE Dwight Freeney. He is going to make about $14 million this year (his last year on his contract) but still has the talent of one of the top pass rushers in the AFC.

I personally would consider giving up a 5th rounder for him. I think he instantly fills a starting role on this team and will almost certainly out produce any DE we take in the 5th round. If we can hammer out a new deal with for some reasonable money moving forward, he could be our started for the next 3-4 years.

I would trade Shawn Merriman first. A lot of teams were looking at him when the Chargers made him available. His play the last 5 years should be sufficient proof to any team looking to bolster their defense. Secondly I might offer Kelsay. Late round pick, 5th or later...sure...why not?

Edited by PDaDdy