I'd like Mike Wallace vs Vincent Jackson.

I like Mike Wallace better but will get neither so someone like Legedu Naanee Car or Early Doucet from ARZ or Jerome Simpson , did i mention Early Doucet,Pierre Garcon, Robert Meachem or Mario Manningham, Harry douglas , Josh Morgan and Reggie Wayne but will think he goes where Peyton ends up or Randy Moss but i know that will never happen or Laurent Robinson, Brandon Lloyd and my favorite Marques Colston, one of these perhaps with Easley making a healthy comeback !

Edited by NFLBighits

1331540561[/url]' post='2401843']

I like Mike Wallace better but will get neither so someone like Legedu Naanee Car or Early Doucet from ARZ or Jerome Simpson , did i mention Early Doucet,Pierre Garcon, Robert Meachem or Mario Manningham, Harry douglas , Josh Morgan and Reggie Wayne but will think he goes where Peyton ends up or Randy Moss but i know that will never happen or Laurent Robinson, Brandon Lloyd and my favorite Marques Colston, one of these perhaps with Easley making a healthy comeback !

I've always liked doucet. Not sure if he's a good #2 at this point, but the few times I've seen him play, he always impresses me. Anyone that has seen him play a bunch have any insight they can share? He'd be cheap compad to the other options.

My order of dream FA WRs goes as follows (factoring in age, past history, future expectations, money, etc...):

Bowe

Jackson

Lloyd

Wallace

Manningham

Meachem

Colston

Wayne

I think Bowe is the best option for us considering his age, future expectations and repor with Gailey and a similar system. Jackson because of his size, speed, and history with Nix. Lloyd because of his ability and size even though he's had some off field and on field issues, who hasn't? After that Wallace COULD be the best of all of them considering his fast start but I dont see it continuing at least at the same level. Manningham I think is better than most think. Colstons injury issues scare me a bit, I'd still love it if we went out and got him but how many times has je finished a full season without missing time? Meachum for his steady numbers and ability to show he can stay healthy.

For an already-contending team with a late 1st rounder (Pats, 49ers), Wallace makes a ton of sense. For a team that's more than 1 player away with the #10 overall pick, Wallace makes no sense. I'd rather have the Bills use that cap money on 2 good players (whether re-signed or signed as FAs) and still have the #10 pick to acquire a third good player. I'm pretty underwhelmed by the options likely to be available at #10, but they should still be able to get a starter out of it.

Plus, Wallace is just a younger, faster Lee Evans. I thought our offense had no use for a player like that? [/sarcasm]

Again, the Steelers won't let him go, much less to the Pats.

If the Patriots want him he is gone. All they would need to do is surrender the 31st overall pick and handout a front loaded contract that the Steelers could not match due to their lack of cap space. New England has a lot of space, and could offer him a huge base salary this year. The bills however, would have to surrender the 10th overall pick to get him. Not as attractive.

If the Patriots want him he is gone. All they would need to do is surrender the 31st overall pick and handout a front loaded contract that the Steelers could not match due to their lack of cap space. New England has a lot of space, and could offer him a huge base salary this year. The bills however, would have to surrender the 10th overall pick to get him. Not as attractive.

If he signs an offer sheet that the Steelers can't match they have no choice.

The Pats have $16.2M in cap space, but that's before any RFA tenders. The Steelers have $10.5M in cap space and I don't believe they have any RFA tenders outside of Wallace. That's a difference of just $5.7M in cap space, if even that (after RFA tenders). In addition, the Pats have 20 players they need to add to their roster. It ain't gonna happen.

My order of dream FA WRs goes as follows (factoring in age, past history, future expectations, money, etc...):

Bowe Franchised by Chiefs

Jackson Will cost tons of money

Lloyd Signed sealed and Delivered to the Pats bc of Josh Daniels

Wallace tendered and would cost our 1st round pick

Manningham

Meachem

Colston

Wayne age/probably goes where Manning Goes

I think Manningham and Meachem are both good value free agents and our only realistic targets from your list. Meachem moreso than Manningham as I think that super bowl catch will raise his price a bit. Colston would be nice but he has some injury issues that worry me. I would like to add Garcon to the list as well as some others each with their own worts: Laurent Robinson (injury prone), and Donnie Avery (burst onto the scene then hasn't done much). These should be solid cheaper options that would allow the Bills to spend big on D.

I would love to have Wallace - he is exactly what the Bills are looking for - but the Steelers are likley to slap a first round tender on him assuming they do not sign him to an extension before the deadline. Do we really want to give up a first round draft choice for him? That even assumes the Steelers would not macth any offer he receives. Very likley that NE will come after him hard. They have the #1 to spare, have a big need, and the cash to do it. The Bills are probably not in this game.

I'm a bit surprised that people keep on mentioning words and references like "value" and "bargain". Haven't we had enough of mediocrity? We've paid our dues, we now have a good core for a team, it's time to add game breakers, blue chippers and difference makers. In the draft, especially at the #10 spot, we want that type of player. That's what Mike Wallace is. I'd rather have a proven commodity and not risk another Maybin type pick. Having such a value pick should provide a value player. Once again, that's what Mike Wallace is.

Wallace seems a little one dimensional. He's a deep threat, that's all. A 9 route guy. A very good one mind you, but that's all I've really seen him do. Maybe that's because that is all they ask him to do in Pitt, i don't know.

But Buff can find a deep route guy in the draft, in almost any round. No need to spend our 1st round pick on a guy like Wallace.

I pretty sure having a QB like Ben throwing him the ball contributes more than a little to his success as well.

I would order my FA Wr's Wish List like this:

1.) Vincent Jackson (size, speed and catching ability is great)

2.) Pierre Garcon (great catching ability, seems to run just about any route)

3.) Mario Manningham (good route runner and makes big catches)

4.) Robert Meachem (speed and good size)

5.) Marques Colston (low because of 5 knee surgery's, bad weather buffalo climate = not a match)

After that:

6.) Early Doucet

7.) Laurent Robinson

8.) Jerome Simpson

9.) Eddie Royal

10.) Josh Morgan

11.) Brandon Lloyd (getting old and seems more like a system guy)

12.) Reggie Wayne (old and looks like hes going where Manning goes)

I like Mike Wallace and if he were a UFA, then I would have him #2 on my list. However, I do not think we can afford to give up a #1 pick in addition to the money he will command. VJax is more realistic because I don't think he will cost as much as Wallace and it would cost us a draft pick.

For someone with more posts than me, you sure seem to troll this board a lot. One player is a free agent. The other would require us to give up a top 10 draft pick WHILE signing him to a big contract. Enough said.

Troll this board??! I'm not sure where you are trying to go with this but I can guarantee that I've been a die hard Bills' fan for decades.

The purpose of a 1st rd pick is to use it on the best player available. There's a reason why Pittsburgh tendered Wallace with a 1st rd pick, he's a VERY good player! Not only is he one of the fastest WR in the league he is also one tuff guy. Jackson is the only other WR in free agency that comes remotely close to him. It makes me laugh that it's alright to draft a WR who has never even played a single snap in the NFL but that it would be a mistake to use it on one that has already proven that he can play in this league. Get real.