Is the Bills Turf a Problem ?

Owen

I was thinking of all the Bills injuries the past three years... Way to many for my liking... Something is wrong somewhere... It seemed to start when the new turf was installed at One Bills Drive. Maybe it is my imagination. I dunno...

Bills need to re-sign OT Bell... But injuries are a problem with him... Could the turf be a problem with him and some of the other Bills... At the end of last season just about all the players were hurting one way or another.

The turf may be just to hard on their bodies.. I am no expert but there has been a big increase of injuries, some small and no so small since the new turf was installed... I wonder if anyone is looking into this? Just my opinion.

I was thinking of all the Bills injuries the past three years... Way to many for my liking... Something is wrong somewhere... It seemed to start when the new turf was installed at One Bills Drive. Maybe it is my imagination. I dunno...

Bills need to re-sign OT Bell... But injuries are a problem with him... Could the turf be a problem with him and some of the other Bills... At the end of last season just about all the players were hurting one way or another.

The turf may be just to hard on their bodies.. I am no expert but there has been a big increase of injuries, some small and no so small since the new turf was installed... I wonder if anyone is looking into this? Just my opinion.

New turf before last season IIRC.

Were all our injuries at home? Wood was injured in Dallas.

Your post is kind of all over the place !!

1) "I was thinking of all the Bills injuries the past 3 years - It seemed to start when the new turf was installed"

Well the new turf was installed just last year wasn't it ? So how could the injuries of the 2 prior years be caused by the new turf :blink: !!

2) "Bills need to re-sign OT Bell .. but injuries are a problem with him ... Could the turf be a problem with him & some other Bills"

Seeing as Bells injuries have been MOSTLY shoulder issues i don't see how the turf would have any thing to do with him unless of coarse he is always falling down on his shoulder ?? Could be but i think not ...

Not trying to be a wise guy but it is what it is :doh: !!

The years we've suffered through losing seasons are nature's punishment for making that abomnible turf and suffocating the underground animals.

Considering the stadium was opened in 1973, those animals suffocated 40 years ago. How long must we be punished?

I don't know about the specific injuries we've suffered, but a number of players and former players have come out saying that turf is far rougher on the body than grass.

I wish we would go back to grass. I do recognize it is hard to keep up through a Buffalo fall and winter, playing half our games on grass for the ease on our player's bodies would seem worth it

I thought the same thing because after getting a whole new strength & conditioning staff they still had a ton of injuries, so my only guess is the turf or the practice turf or contamination from love canal, I don't know but something is wrong.

Were all our injuries at home? Wood was injured in Dallas.

Could be the practice turf that is setting up strains which could lead to injuries on the field.