Jacobs released by giants

Sorry if this was posted earlier. Please lock if it was. I didn't see it on the wall.

Anyways, Brandon Jacobs released by the giants. Like i said, not a need, especially for the price he's demanding, but wanted to hear ur guys thoughts.

Before u get a chance, let me say the following:

Ralph is cheap, he would never come to buffalo, he's washed up, we already have freddie and cj, get 'er done, buddy, i know him so let's get him, and finally peter pan.

Did i miss anything?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7667012/new-york-giants-release-veteran-running-back-brandon-jacobs

We need a punishing back to wear out the defense move the chains and punch it in to the end zone from a few yards out, but Jacobs is almost 30 yrs old and while punishing opposing defenses, it has taken a toll on him as well.

I don't see where he would have any role in the Bills offense at all; I'd rather have FJ running on 3d and goal.

Plus Jacobs wants way more money than he is worth; the Giants tried to keep him but they couldn't come to an agreement. I think Jacobs will be very disappoined by the FA offers.

Edited by KD in CT

Sorry if this was posted earlier. Please lock if it was. I didn't see it on the wall.

Anyways, Brandon Jacobs released by the giants. Like i said, not a need, especially for the price he's demanding, but wanted to hear ur guys thoughts.

Before u get a chance, let me say the following:

Ralph is cheap, he would never come to buffalo, he's washed up, we already have freddie and cj, get 'er done, buddy, i know him so let's get him, and finally peter pan.

Did i miss anything?

http://espn.go.com/n...-brandon-jacobs

When a team is spending to the cap limit I just do not get the Ralph is cheap line! Ten years of poor drafting is why we as fans but up threads likes this ,he was on a super bowl winner he will help us win ! Wrong and no thanks . Were have you gone Larry Kinnebrew .:wallbash:

We need a punishing back to wear out the defense move the chains and punch it in to the end zone from a few yards out

Have you never seen Fred Jackson play? He may not be as punishing as Jacobs, but who is...Freddie can dish it out though and he's usually quite good in the Red Zone... B-)

Jacobs is just crazy in the head. He's not a team player. He's consistently inconsistent. I also wouldn't mind giving Joique Bell another shot if he's available. Can't hurt to give Choice and White some more competition.

I'm not sure if Jacobs is the answer, but we do need to get another RB somewhere. We need one for depth and also to take some of the load off of Fred and CJ. Fred was great last year, but I think part of the reason he got hurt is because he played so much. That said, I'd say yeah, go for it.

Slothful in terms of hitting the hole. Would like to see the bills re-aquire joique bell who has never been given a real shot and who is at worst a poor man's marshawn lynch

I keep saying this as well - I would love to see Bell win the third-string job. I still think he's got a ton of upside.