For the Russell Wilson Fans

jocap55

Russell Wilson Throws at UW Pro Day, Draws Parallels to Favre

By Brian Carriveau on Mar 07, 2012 with 13 Comments

MADISON––It doesn't appear as if it was coincidence that former Packers quarterback Brett Favre and Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson joined the social media platform of Twitter at roughly the same time just days ago.

My link

I would take him in the fifth round in a heartbeat (maybe even with our second fourth)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the player. Height worries me though.

Yeah height is always a worry, i watched a lot of big ten football and the guy is athletic enough. Fitz will be gone in 3 years and wilson can develope over time...plus height shouldnt be to bad if doug flutie can do it.

I don't know if it would be wise to draft a QB that wouldn't fit with the offense your starting QB runs. This kid would make sense on the Eagles, Browns or Redskins.

I can see Cousins as the perfect back-up to Fitz, at least from this years draft.

what i meant about athletic wasnt a michael vick style QB...wilson is a pocket passer, but has mobility if needed. almost how fitz scrambles for his life sometime cuz of our OL. Wilson is more complete QB then cousins, watched them both play and i would take wilson everytime

Russell Wilson Throws at UW Pro Day, Draws Parallels to Favre

By Brian Carriveau on Mar 07, 2012 with 13 Comments

MADISON––It doesn't appear as if it was coincidence that former Packers quarterback Brett Favre and Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson joined the social media platform of Twitter at roughly the same time just days ago.

My link

I would take him in the fifth round in a heartbeat (maybe even with our second fourth)

No QBs unless they are legitimate contenders to replace Fitz.

Yeah height is always a worry, i watched a lot of big ten football and the guy is athletic enough. Fitz will be gone in 3 years and wilson can develope over time...plus height shouldnt be to bad if doug flutie can do it.

Doug Flutie didn't do anything worth a hill of beans in the NFL.

Wilson will be a gadget player, best in a wildcat/option look. Thats it. The idea that he could ever be a starter is wishful thinking at best. Thats just the way the NFL works, bigger stronger, faster doesn't stop applying because a 5'11" threw the ball like Brett Favre, whatever that means...

If you're not picking a QB in the 1st round don't bother taking one later. The percentages are very low a QB picked in the later rounds ever develops into a franchise player. If you're just looking for a career back-up than maybe, but you can find back-ups elsewhere. There's a much higher value taking just about any other position.

The Bills have too many holes to fill to be lighting late round picks on fire.

I have been a Wilson advocate for awhile now. The guy is the best play-action QB in draft behind Luck, and has the best accuracy and arm strength on the run. He is listed as the fourth QB behind Foles on my board. I wouldn't mind taking him with a fourth rounder, but some have him going tale end of round 3.

I have been a Wilson advocate for awhile now. The guy is the best play-action QB in draft behind Luck, and has the best accuracy and arm strength on the run. He is listed as the fourth QB behind Foles on my board. I wouldn't mind taking him with a fourth rounder, but some have him going tale end of round 3.

Love this thread, and would love the pick! Russel is a Richmond boy, went to same school as my kids go now. I dont think he will get drafted at all, but if does i hope it is in Buffalo.

As cliche as it sounds, his sister is proly the better athlete. She is in 8th grade and starts on varsity Basketball team..and is the best player on the team.