The Dream FA Signings

Virgil

I don't claim to know the true different between the Salary Cap and the Cash to Cap. I know you can manipulate the cap to spend more, but don't know how much more. However, I know the Bills have a ton of money they could work to make splashes.

With that, and this will never, NEVER, happen, but...

Do they have the money to throw 20mil at Peyton, 9 at VJax, and 18 at Mario Williams?

I know this is ridiculous, but if imagine if they did. Would we not become an immediate contender? Yes, we'd have to make the Dwan Edwards, Fitz cuts. But I think it's fiscally possible. And the fact that it could be financially made possible, doesn't it rub you the wrong way a little bit that we know our FO wouldn't even consider it?

I laugh at teams like the Skins, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, and Raiders who make big splashes every year, only to have it blow up in their faces. But how often to you see a FA class like this? If Peyton checks out as healthy, and I get the impression he is, what would you have to lose? Not making a deep playoff run with Peyton, Freddie, SJ, and VJax would be an absolute failure. Then, with Mario next to Kyle and Dareus? WOW!

While it seems financially irresponsible and unlikely, I'm almost mad that I feel that way as if the FO has beaten that mentality out of me.

Just thinking, nothing more

I don't claim to know the true different between the Salary Cap and the Cash to Cap. I know you can manipulate the cap to spend more, but don't know how much more. However, I know the Bills have a ton of money they could work to make splashes.

Do they have the money to throw 20mil at Peyton, 9 at VJax, and 18 at Mario Williams?

I know this is ridiculous, but if imagine if they did. Would we not become an immediate contender? Yes, we'd have to make the Dwan Edwards, Fitz cuts. But I think it's fiscally possible. And the fact that it could be financially made possible, doesn't it rub you the wrong way a little bit that we know our FO wouldn't even consider it?

I laugh at teams like the Skins, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, and Raiders who make big splashes every year, only to have it blow up in their faces. But how often to you see a FA class like this? If Peyton checks out as healthy, and I get the impression he is, what would you have to lose? Not making a deep playoff run with Peyton, Freddie, SJ, and VJax would be an absolute failure. Then, with Mario next to Kyle and Dareus? WOW!

While it seems financially irresponsible and unlikely, I'm almost mad that I feel that way as if the FO has beaten that mentality out of me.

Cocaines a helluva drug

Good thing you titled your post the way you did , at least you know there is no way it's gonna happen in reality !! There is one thing you have to remember ..

No matter how much money you have Peyton is interviewing the team he wants NOT the team interviewing Peyton !!

Peyton is in total control of where he wants to go . The teams that have interest in him will let him know then Peyton will sit down & look at the roster to find which team is the best fit , best scheme , & best chance to go to the SB ..

The thing that stinks , I personally believe the Best fit is going to be Miami . If they choose Reiff as there #1 the O line will be able to protect him real well , behind him will be Reggie Bush , Marshall at WR , & a pretty darn good D .

That really sucks for us !! As long as the new coaching staff is up to it & they don't REALLY want Matt Flynn b/c they know each other .

The Jets have Sanchez to much money invested in him to let him sit the bench , Red skins got the money but the O line & the rest of the team isn't there .. Arizona maybe with Fitzgerald ,Wells , --- could be ?? We'll see !!

Oh and imagine if we traded Donald Jones to Indy and drafted Luck, then traded Kelsay to Detroit to Megatron and Stevie could be our slot receiver!

I know the OP was just musing hypothetically, of course I'm just joshing with him.

No, we don't have the cap room for that. Notwithstanding the unlikelihood of either ever signing with us, we would only really be able to sign one and have a realistic change to re-sign some key players and pick up some cheaper depth.

Edited by ndirish1978

All we need are Vincent Jackson to line up with Stevie J & Easley & then get Mario Williams to line up with our current line plus another DE that we pick up in one of the first 2 rounds. We don't need Peyton. We should make a play for Barkley next year though.

My dream is Mario (i belive nix will give it his best try within reason) and Colston. That would just awesome. I would also love Mario and Garcon who i think has his best years ahead of him.

2nd that...I think the Bills have to think Big picture here. The question is: Will Mario Williams want to sign with Buffalo. He hasn't played in the cold since his NC State days..

I see where you are going with this. We have the cap space to accomplish that. It won't happen of course so many reasons but with the roll over of cap space the funds are available.