Eric Berry Wondering If Injury Came From

H2o

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Many players have torn their ACL's without prior contact and without contact period. And ultimately his coaches/trainers/he himself put him back in the game.

really, you're going to argue about when it happened, and how it happened.

he was hit in the knee in which he injured. he attempted to come back. his knee, the same knee, gave out without it being hit on the very next play. no, he shouldn't have come back.

and, come to think of it, i'm not directing blame on anyone here. nor am i defending or contending what Berry has suggested.

if you read my initial post, mr. argumentative, i was responding to the poster who wondered why the Bills would target Berry and not Brady. well, i seem to recall, i wrote that Berry -- while no Brady -- does play a big role in the Chiefs defense.

and you come up and throw in this sidebar, as if to make some point.

and me, foolishly enough, bite on it. :wallbash:

jw

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not entirely true. he limped off the field and, on his next play back, his leg essentially gave out on him. he went down without being touched, as i recall. to suggest there is no correlation is questionable at best.

jw

i doubt there was cash on berry, but i dont doubt that there was a directive to get physical with him and make him uncomfortable, maybe even block him low to keep him from being as eager and active to get into plays.

last post in this thread, repeating the first post i made in this thread, see underlined.

not saying i agree with Berry's suggestion or not because it's unclear as to how serious he is about his allegation.

i will note recalling how the game's complexion certainly did change in the Bills favor when Berry left. and his injury certainly did lead in part to the Chiefs early season struggles.

Eric Berry might not be Tom Brady, but Berry is a difference-maker in the Chiefs' defense.

jw

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Many players have torn their ACL's without prior contact and without contact period. And ultimately his coaches/trainers/he himself put him back in the game.

They didn't want to go through the trouble of an MRI? He was injured by Stevie's low block. Stevie mentioned on his WGR weekly show that he's not a dirty player but he's taught to block that way. Stevie owned the fact that he injured Berry. Take that for what it's worth.

They didn't want to go through the trouble of an MRI? He was injured by Stevie's low block. Stevie mentioned on his WGR weekly show that he's not a dirty player but he's taught to block that way. Stevie owned the fact that he injured Berry. Take that for what it's worth.

He may have been injured by Stevie's block but he certainly didn't tear his ACL by Stevie's block. On the sideline, the Chiefs' trainers and/or medical staff tested his knee via palpation and range of motion tests. If there was so much as any detectable loosening of the joint, which is easily discovered through the above-mentioned tests, then they were derelict in their duty to let him return to the field only to have him tear his ligament on a routine plant and cut motion.

GO BILLS!!!

He may have been injured by Stevie's block but he certainly didn't tear his ACL by Stevie's block. On the sideline, the Chiefs' trainers and/or medical staff tested his knee via palpation and range of motion tests. If there was so much as any detectable loosening of the joint, which is easily discovered through the above-mentioned tests, then they were derelict in their duty to let him return to the field only to have him tear his ligament on a routine plant and cut motion.

GO BILLS!!!

id venture, in my completely non-medical opinion, that he caused damage on the one play that contributed to finishing off the ACL on the next - whether directly with structural damage, or indirectly (by favoring the knee, leaving it more prone).

IIRC, Stevie also mentioned he informs the opposing DB's before the game starts he will be blocking low, and to keep their head on a swivel.

Simply ridiculous....I understand the league is now sensitive to the "bounty" issue, but in that case, Eric Wood should be bringing a suit in the NFL given his two grostesque injuries....either way, this is just ludicrous...I sympathize with Berry and losing a season to an unfortunate injury but it's utter B.S.....

literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard, completely unnecessary and pretty vocal for only a 2nd yr player

+1

Good player but stop your b*tching. Hes not that important to even mention a bounty on his own head. What a victim ........

really, you're going to argue about when it happened, and how it happened.

he was hit in the knee in which he injured. he attempted to come back. his knee, the same knee, gave out without it being hit on the very next play. no, he shouldn't have come back.

and, come to think of it, i'm not directing blame on anyone here. nor am i defending or contending what Berry has suggested.

if you read my initial post, mr. argumentative, i was responding to the poster who wondered why the Bills would target Berry and not Brady. well, i seem to recall, i wrote that Berry -- while no Brady -- does play a big role in the Chiefs defense.

and you come up and throw in this sidebar, as if to make some point.

and me, foolishly enough, bite on it. :wallbash:

jw

In my first post I was merely stating a fact, john. Looks like you wanted to be mr. argumentative as well. ;)

In my first post I was merely stating a fact, john. Looks like you wanted to be mr. argumentative as well. ;)

Both of you should really revisit last year's thread on this topic. I think that the professional consensus based on conjecture was reached that Stevie didn't directly cause the injury, but it did contribute, and Chiefs docs should not have cleared Berry to return so quickly.

Both of you should really revisit last year's thread on this topic. I think that the professional consensus based on conjecture was reached that Stevie didn't directly cause the injury, but it did contribute, and Chiefs docs should not have cleared Berry to return so quickly.

The bolded part is what means the most. I can live with idea that Stevie contributed to the injury (with a legal hit). But no one held a gun to Berry's head and forced him back on the field.