Melvin Ingram

I have been looking for a first rounder for this season. Let me preface it by saying that I feel that lack of a pass rush is the biggest problem on the team, followed closely by run defense.

I checked out Ingram's package on youtube and he is very impressive, Very quick. Very strong. At times they dropped him back in coverage and he did that pretty well... and he is 272 lbs! Short arms or not, this guy is a baller! Could make a real nice def. end in a 4-3.

Anyone else down?

Dude had an AMAZING game against Auburn this year. I would be happy if they picked Ingram. Id also be happy with a few other players as well.

Sitting at 10 sucks because we are on the threshold between "not Elite talent" but "Could be Very Good, Maybe".

I trust Nix and Whaley to do their homework, and if we end up with Ingram, Upshaw, Floyd, or 1 of the OTs, then Im satisfied.

Should be interesting.

Ingram is definitely a baller as they say & would be a good addition to our team simply b/c of his versatility , Wanny could plug him in in at least 2 different positions on D not including his special teams possibilities .

I better stop there or they will take my reply off the blog .. TMI :nana:

I'd take him. He's the only DE I would take with the #10 pick. Otherwise, I'd go OT or WR. He is very athletic. He gets the same critisims that Freeney got when coming out of SU. Both are gamers, and I think Ingram is even better.

Whats the difference between him and Andre Branch?

Everyone except desperate Bills' fans are in agreement that no DE prospect is worth the #10 pick this year.

As much you want it to happen the DEs in this draft are not impressive.

The 4 Tackles are world class tackles and at least 1 of them will be available. Then you got Michael Floyd that out combined AJ Green plus has a nice career at ND.

All 5 of those players are orders of magnitudes better than the defensive prospects.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Whats the difference between him and Andre Branch?

Everyone except desperate Bills' fans are in agreement that no DE prospect is worth the #10 pick this year.

As much you want it to happen the DEs in this draft are not impressive.

The 4 Tackles are world class tackles and at least 1 of them will be available. Then you got Michael Floyd that out combined AJ Green plus has a nice career at ND.

All 5 of those players are orders of magnitudes better than the defensive prospects.

world class is a bit bold/drastic ...but I couldnt agree more, there are pass rushers to be had in free agency and later in the draft, get a sure thing stud (which there will be) at another position of need, BPA

world class is a bit bold/drastic ...but I couldnt agree more, there are pass rushers to be had in free agency and later in the draft, get a sure thing stud (which there will be) at another position of need, BPA

I only see 3 top OTs: Kalil, Reiff and Martin. I think Adams would be an extremely risky pick.

He is clearly huge and talented, but definitely does not work hard in the gym - I think there are players in the Lingerie Football League that can out bench press him.

Unless he has had some injury that has prevented him from lifting, his workout at the combine was inexcusable. A guy that big with his obvious talent who hasn't

bothered to train is a bust waiting to happen.

?

Well, how does it sound to you?My link[

It depends on the context.

I doubt seriously that Nix brought up Curry unprompted. Nix is open and honest but he's not just gonna mention a prospect out of the blue.

So the chances are that he was asked about Curry by the reporter because Curry's 2-sack performance in the Senior Bowl put him on the radar screen of casual fans.

I didn't think Nix's response was much more than polite but he obviously knows the player well.

"We like Vinny Curry. Saw him in the Senior Bowl," Nix says. "Lee Smith (Bills TE) played with him and knows him. This guy's got a good upside. He can put his hand on the ground and rush the passer."

I don't see where Nix is "in love" with Curry.

Curry is most often projected in the 2nd round and it would be no shock if the Bills took him there if he was available.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Vinny Curry could end up being this year's version of Kelvin Sheppard for the Bills.. We all knew Buddy and Chan had liked Sheppard alot going into the draft last year after seeing him in person at the senior bowl, and that there was a good chance they would pick him if he was there. So maybe thats Vinny Curry this year? It certainly seems like they are high on him.

It depends on the context.

I doubt seriously that Nix brought up Curry unprompted. Nix is open and honest but he's not just gonna mention a prospect out of the blue.

So the chances are that he was asked about Curry by the reporter because Curry's 2-sack performance in the Senior Bowl put him on the radar screen of casual fans.

I didn't think Nix's response was much more than polite but he obviously knows the player well.

"We like Vinny Curry. Saw him in the Senior Bowl," Nix says. "Lee Smith (Bills TE) played with him and knows him. This guy's got a good upside. He can put his hand on the ground and rush the passer."

I don't see where Nix is "in love" with Curry.

Curry is most often projected in the 2nd round and it would be no shock if the Bills took him there if he was available.

The point I was trying to make was that the closer we get to draft day, the less it seems like Ingram (Or any DE, for that matter) is going to be the pick at #10. My fave DE, Mercilus seems out of that picture too. They may be looking at this Floyd kid, or an offensive tackle. -Not really what I was hoping for, but based on team needs it would make sense.

The point I was trying to make was that the closer we get to draft day, the less it seems like Ingram (Or any DE, for that matter) is going to be the pick at #10. My fave DE, Mercilus seems out of that picture too. They may be looking at this Floyd kid, or an offensive tackle. -Not really what I was hoping for, but based on team needs it would make sense.

Yes I agree that signs are pointing to the Bills getting a pass rusher after the first round.

Yes I agree that signs are pointing to the Bills getting a pass rusher after the first round.

If the Bills don't move up to get RGIII, I think it's about 99% that Melvin Ingram is the Bills pick if he's still there at #10. I know that Nix is talking up a lot of positions but that's what his job is right now, to throw people off the scent.

Melvin Ingram is a very solid, non-reach pick in their highest position of need. He's also versatile for a "hybrid" defense. Ingram's so solid that I'd have a hard time agreeing that someone else would be BPA over him not named Luck, RGIII, Kalil or Blackman.

If the Bills don't move up to get RGIII, I think it's about 99% that Melvin Ingram is the Bills pick if he's still there at #10. I know that Nix is talking up a lot of positions but that's what his job is right now, to throw people off the scent.

Melvin Ingram is a very solid, non-reach pick in their highest position of need. He's also versatile for a "hybrid" defense. Ingram's so solid that I'd have a hard time agreeing that someone else would be BPA over him not named Luck, RGIII, Kalil or Blackman.

Only that's not what he's ever done. He's always been a pretty straight shooter. I never believe what anyone says to the media this time of the year, except Buddy seems to forego the misdirection and actually say what he thinks. I wish he did lie to the media a bit more, though I don't think it makes much difference this year.