Don't Bail Out Detroit!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203753704577255111983285798.html

The U.S. auto industry, led by Chrysler Group LLC, steamed ahead last month at the fastest pace in four years, suggesting the U.S. economy is continuing to gain momentum.

February sales of new cars and light trucks rose an annual 15.1 million pace, the fastest rate since the same month in 2008 and surpassing even the most optimistic expectations.

Obama magic!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this not have happened through reorganization? You do realize that bankruptcy does not mean out of business right??

Yes, but bankruptcy would immediately negate the union contracts. And let's face it, having union contracts negated is no way to win Michigan.

They ran their company into the ground. Why shouldn't they get !@#$ed over?

Bondholders got less than unions. Bondholders don't make decisions for the company. Union workers work and fight for such things as wages and benefits. It could be argued that union wages, benefits and work rules helped to cause their problems. So when you have that down pat you'll get your next lesson.

Bondholders got less than unions. Bondholders don't make decisions for the company. Union workers work and fight for such things as wages and benefits. It could be argued that union wages, benefits and work rules helped to cause their problems. So when you have that down pat you'll get your next lesson.

But if the bondholders sleep in late, they don't make decisions by 9am that make a profit by close of business...

Er...or something.

They ran their company into the ground. Why shouldn't they get !@#$ed over?

Ummm, could you be any more ignorant? It wasn't the bondholders that drove the "company into the ground" diphit! It was management :rolleyes:

I'm going to give you a little advice, if you don't know what you are talking about, then just shut the !@#$ up!

Edited by Magox

Ummm, could you be any more ignorant? It wasn't the bondholders that drove the "company into the ground" diphit! It was management :rolleyes:

I'm going to give you a little advice, if you don't know what you are talking about, then just shut the !@#$ up!

Like it matters? Who really cares what anybody thinks. You either fall on one side or the other... I don't care who gets screwed as long as its not the hourly worker for once. Big boo hoo. Suck it up. It doesn't really matter what you think... Or what I think. IMO, the righteous prevailed obvioulsy to your dislike. So what, he (Obama) pandered to his base.