Don't Bail Out Detroit!

I saw a chart today that shows that GM dealers have over 600K cars sitting on their lots. Detroit is making them, but nobody's buying them.

WTF, it keeps people working. Obama has found a way to control both GM and GE. All he needs is an appearance of an improving economy and his bs will have some traction with the people that can't think past their noses. Smoke and mirrors baby. Ooops, I meant hope and change.

I saw a chart today that shows that GM dealers have over 600K cars sitting on their lots. Detroit is making them, but nobody's buying them.

It's the media's fault!!!

"GM blamed the lack of sales in January on “exaggerated” media reports and the federal government's investigation into Volt batteries catching fire, which officially began in November and ended Jan. 21," the Ann Arbor (Mich.) News reported.

They should rename this card the Dolt.

"...the federal government's investigation into Volt batteries catching fire..."

NTSB investigating a federally owned car manufacturer? Yeah, that's giving me confidence...

Reconsider investing here. Obama promises to buy one 5 years from now when he needs a car. Wonder if he will buy one in the next year?

Wow, the bitterness here is comical. Suck it up and get back to work so you can bail more out!

Yeah, when my Democratic Republic suddenly turns into a kingdom/tin-pot fascist dictatorship, I get a little put out.

Why even bother buying corporate bonds, when I can have them taken away from me? How is the corporate lending market these days?

Yeah, when my Democratic Republic suddenly turns into a kingdom/tin-pot fascist dictatorship, I get a little put out.

Why even bother buying corporate bonds, when I can have them taken away from me? How is the corporate lending market these days?

You're not paid to be "put out." And who said it is "yours." Get back to work and make some more money for other people.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

"...the federal government's investigation into Volt batteries catching fire..."

NTSB investigating a federally owned car manufacturer? Yeah, that's giving me confidence...

I'm sure Congress will make the bosses at GM come to DC to explain to everyone why they're so incompetent. And when they don't drive to DC from Detroit in a Volt, I'm sure Congress will chastise them further. Y'know...just like they did to Toyota while they were bailing out the GM unions.

Ain't America great.

America is as great as you are willing to make it. The fact that you can't make it great for yourself is unfortunate. But either quit bitching or do something about it, because no matter how much you beg, individual success can not be distributed like a "free" condom.

How is the corporate lending market these days?

Pretty good actually....

For companies that don't really need to borrow. But how can anyone pass up historic low interest rates? New issuance in the bond markets continues to be high, but few of it is to fund growth or M&A, because you know, the economy is a zero sum game.

Pretty good actually....

For companies that don't really need to borrow. But how can anyone pass up historic low interest rates? New issuance in the bond markets continues to be high, but few of it is to fund growth or M&A, because you know, the economy is a zero sum game.

Actually, in certain segments, the commercial real estate market is hot right now. A lot of people have been sitting on a lot of cash, not wanting to put it anywhere where they don't feel it would be safe. NNN investments such as dollar stores and corporately backed fast food buildings are being sold before they are built. 7-8% cap rates look pretty good in comparison to the money market.

Daily Caller is reporting that Obama is about to up the Volt subsidy from $7500 to $10,000 per car.

Take my Volt. Please.

The comments section is pretty funny.

Comment 1: How about a free Volt for anyone who votes for Obama? And multiple cars for people who vote more than once.

Comment 2: ...and as soon as the election is over, the car ceases to work, just like Obama

Comment 3: Obama '12: A condom in every pocket, a Volt in every garage and a free partial birth abortion for those got caught without the first one in the back of the second one.

Daily Caller is reporting that Obama is about to up the Volt subsidy from $7500 to $10,000 per car.

Take my Volt. Please.

The comments section is pretty funny.

Comment 1: How about a free Volt for anyone who votes for Obama? And multiple cars for people who vote more than once.

Comment 2: ...and as soon as the election is over, the car ceases to work, just like Obama

Comment 3: Obama '12: A condom in every pocket, a Volt in every garage and a free partial birth abortion for those got caught without the first one in the back of the second one.

Of course, the way the Volt is selling, that's like an extra $50k out of the taxpayer's pocket.

ABC News: An American Auto Bailout --- For France

Attention U.S. taxpayers: You now own a piece of a French car company that is drowning in red ink.

That's right. In a move little noticed outside of the business pages, General Motors last week bought more than $400 million in shares of PSA Peugeot Citroen - a 7 percent stake in the company.

Because U.S. taxpayers still own roughly one-quarter of GM, they now own a piece of Peugeot.