No Player worth 10th pick this year

bisonbrigade

I keep looking at NFL Mock Drafts and it seems to me nobody stands out as "the Guy" to take with the 10th pick. Couples really doesn't impress. Upshaw is more of a 3-4 guy. Drafting a OT this high is a waste of money. OT's don't win games. Mercilus is a one year wonder. I say try to trade down if you can and load up on pass rushers and WR's.

1330292198[/url]' post='2389872']

I keep looking at NFL Mock Drafts and it seems to me nobody stands out as "the Guy" to take with the 10th pick. Couples really doesn't impress. Upshaw is more of a 3-4 guy. Drafting a OT this high is a waste of money. OT's don't win games. Mercilus is a one year wonder. I say try to trade down if you can and load up on pass rushers and WR's.

Exactly how I feel. We'd be lucky to find a partner to trade down with. I'd even take a 3rd instead of a second to trade down 11-18ish. The talent 10-20 is all on par with each other IMO.

Call me crazy, but maybe we should wait 'til after free agency before we get too hung up on the draft. Pick up one key player at the right position and our draft strategy -- and the domino effect on other teams -- looks way different.

Say, for example, we DID pick up Mario Williams (play along for a bit...). Suddenly the "there's no standout pass rusher" problem is a moot point...and we shift our focus to WR, LT, CB, or OLB. Or if we grabbed a free agent #2 (or #1) receiver, all this talk about Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery and other WRs disappears.

I'm just sayin'...

They certainly help.

If no one is worth it at #10, why is someone going to give up draft picks to trade up to #10?

Thank you. Every year, many here suggest this and either there is no suggestion as to why

any team would give up multiple picks to get the 10th pick or there is some overvaluation of

some player that the poster believes is worth someone else trading up for, but isn't worth the

Bills' pick.

The Bills' needs this year line up with the very highest priority positions in the NFL: pass rushing

DE, pass rushing OLB, LT, QB and to a lesser extent WR. If there aren't any players worth taking

at any of those positions, what would entice another team to trade up?

If no one is worth it at #10, why is someone going to give up draft picks to trade up to #10?

Exactly.

I think drafting a tackle that makes Pro Bowl 7 years in a row would be worth it at 10. My favorite:

youtube.com/watch?v=6i8ESM2CtZM

Astro, doesn't the fact that he only did 19 reps at the combine concern you? It does me. Is this kid going to have a lazy work ethic and become the next Mike Williams at the pro level?

Really, name a Pro Bowl OT that played on the Giants or Patriots this year.

Matt Light is a 4x Pro Bowler, David Diehl went to the Pro Bowl in 2010. Patriots starting RT Nate Solder was a 1st round pick last season.

I think drafting a tackle that makes Pro Bowl 7 years in a row would be worth it at 10.

My favorite:

youtube.com/watch?v=6i8ESM2CtZM

I heard Vin Curry owned Adams this year. I will have to check it out.

I heard Vin Curry owned Adams this year. I will have to check it out.

Just remembered. It was Mayock who said Vinny Curry abused him.

Drafting a OT this high is a waste of money. OT's don't win games.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read

OT is one of the most important positions on a football team

Edited by Max997

Exactly how I feel. We'd be lucky to find a partner to trade down with. I'd even take a 3rd instead of a second to trade down 11-18ish. The talent 10-20 is all on par with each other IMO.

That would be incredibly poor draft management. Not to mention, incredibly stupid IMO. Buddy is on record saying that if there is a player they like when they are picking, they will select him.

Well, Mankins is a guard, Light was a 2nd rounder who is considered to be on the downside of his career and Diehl was a 5th rounder who is considered to be on the downside of his career.

If you have a great OT, one who can shut out the opponents best pass rusher week after week, then yes, they are important.

It would be great to have one for sure but I don't know if there's even one of those guys in the NFL right now and Kahlil looks like the only "can't miss" tackle prospect this year.

There's been a ton of highly-drafted OT busts over the last 5 years.

"Franchise" left tackles are very hard to find.

But by all means, if the Bills are convinced that the best player available at #10 is an OT and that he can't miss, I hope they take him.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan