Another Kennedy thinks he's too important to follow directions

RFK's son struggles with nurses at NY hospital

Regardless of whether Mr. Kennedy thought the nurses were in the wrong:

1) What the hell is the mindset of pushing and kicking at people while holding a newborn?

2) If an ER doctor (a family friend of the Kennedys) was accompanying him, why did this man not speak up during the altercation? You'd assume there's some semblance of hierarchy that RNs would defer to a doctor.

3) I don't know exactly what the nurses' contentions were ... perhaps an identification issue (there are people who swipe babies from maternity wards) or something. Security prevented him from leaving, so it would seem that he was breaking rules. Again, I don't know.

4) Whatever, there's no justification for kicking someone in the midsection (there is video of an altercation and a nurse falling to the floor). If you think they're wrong, you take the baby back to the room and sort it out quickly with hospital admin.

5) What the !@#$ is it about the Kennedys that they feel the rules don't apply to them and when someone gets in their way, they're within rights to shove and kick women who are trying to do their jobs?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because from looking at the hospital webpage, they don't have any newborn security system, like Hugs. So the nurses are their only line of defense. If they had a Hugs system, it would be set so as soon as that (or any) infant leaves the wing without authorization, the entire hospital goes on lockdown. I blame the hospital administration for putting their nursing staff in such a situation.

It's because from looking at the hospital webpage, they don't have any newborn security system, like Hugs. So the nurses are their only line of defense. If they had a Hugs system, it would be set so as soon as that (or any) infant leaves the wing without authorization, the entire hospital goes on lockdown. I blame the hospital administration for putting their nursing staff in such a situation.

I blame Kennedy for being a knucklehead.

RFK's son struggles with nurses at NY hospital

Regardless of whether Mr. Kennedy thought the nurses were in the wrong:

1) What the hell is the mindset of pushing and kicking at people while holding a newborn?

2) If an ER doctor (a family friend of the Kennedys) was accompanying him, why did this man not speak up during the altercation? You'd assume there's some semblance of hierarchy that RNs would defer to a doctor.

3) I don't know exactly what the nurses' contentions were ... perhaps an identification issue (there are people who swipe babies from maternity wards) or something. Security prevented him from leaving, so it would seem that he was breaking rules. Again, I don't know.

4) Whatever, there's no justification for kicking someone in the midsection (there is video of an altercation and a nurse falling to the floor). If you think they're wrong, you take the baby back to the room and sort it out quickly with hospital admin.

5) What the !@#$ is it about the Kennedys that they feel the rules don't apply to them and when someone gets in their way, they're within rights to shove and kick women who are trying to do their jobs?

He should have obeyed the nurses. That is the conservative way after all. Obey anyone that tells you what to do, and everything will be fine.

I blame Kennedy for being a knucklehead.

Well, yea, I agree, he was is a knucklehead, but I also blame the admins for putting the staff in a position of having to use physical force to keep someone from getting out with a baby. We set up a hospital in Brooklyn where if an infant leaves the floor without being cleared, the whole hospital goes into lock down automatically. All stairwells are locked, all elevators are stopped, and only the security dept has access to get anywhere in the building until they give the all clear.

Well, yea, I agree, he was is a knucklehead, but I also blame the admins for putting the staff in a position of having to use physical force to keep someone from getting out with a baby. We set up a hospital in Brooklyn where if an infant leaves the floor without being cleared, the whole hospital goes into lock down automatically. All stairwells are locked, all elevators are stopped, and only the security dept has access to get anywhere in the building until they give the all clear.

It shouldn't be an issue. He is the father and is entitled to take the child. End of story, or should be.

He should have obeyed the nurses. That is the conservative way after all. Obey anyone that tells you what to do, and everything will be fine.

How do you jump from someone who knowingly violated hospital policy with the use of violence to intimating that he should "follow the conservative way", which is to be a lemming? Booster, we don't agree very often but up until now I've never thought of you even in the same paragraph as Bishop Hedd.

How do you jump from someone who knowingly violated hospital policy with the use of violence to intimating that he should "follow the conservative way", which is to be a lemming? Booster, we don't agree very often but up until now I've never thought of you even in the same paragraph as Bishop Hedd.

I am messing with the OP, kindly step off... or agree with his premise that the nurses were correct in trying to physically take the child from a Democrat.

I am messing with the OP, kindly step off... or agree with his premise that the nurses were correct in trying to physically take the child from a Democrat.

I guess I missed the whole reasoning here then. If they were trying to take the infant from a democrat then the nurses were just being kind and acting as humanitarians. Can't blame them for that. :devil:

It shouldn't be an issue. He is the father and is entitled to take the child. End of story, or should be.

He is entitled to do that, with the proper security clearance WRT recent safety measures that hospitals face liability for, as Jack related. Imagine the headline "Kennedy Baby Kidnapped!" People are sick these days. It happens.

He is not entitled to be physically combative when staff need to follow protocol... or hell, even if they are being asshats, he has no right to kick people in their midsection and put his own newborn at risk by initiating such action while holding it. I've held newborns; you need to be so careful with their head and neck.

Patrick Kennedy felt he was "entitled" to walk through security at LAX without screening his huge bag because he thought everybody knew him and that he was a congresscritter and he was late for his flight. "Do As We Say, Not As We Do" is inscribed on their family crest.

Edited by UConn James

He is entitled to do that, with the proper security clearance WRT recent safety measures that hospitals face liability for, as Jack related. Imagine the headline "Kennedy Baby Kidnapped!" People are sick these days. It happens.

He is not entitled to be physically combative when staff need to follow protocol... or hell, even if they are being asshats, he has no right to kick people in their midsection and put his own newborn at risk by initiating such action while holding it. I've held newborns; you need to be so careful with their head and neck.

Patrick Kennedy felt he was "entitled" to walk through security at LAX without screening his huge bag because he thought everybody knew him and that he was a congresscritter and he was late for his flight. "Do As We Say, Not As We Do" is inscribed on their family crest.

And if Santorum did this, you would feel the same?

Ummm... yeah.

If my own father did this, I would feel the same. I would cuff him myself.

There is no person for whom this is allowable.

What the !@#$ kind of question is this?

Fair enough, the question was asked because you come across as a partisan hack.

That was a very telling comment. You should be ashamed of yourself. With that comment you are becoming closer to Bishop Hedd.

While you are known as a partisan hack.