Another silly buzzed question

Pilsner

Brother and sister-in-law are staying with me for the time being. Sister-in-law's parents are visiting and they go to sleep early at night as most older peeps do. I ask her y do older people such as your parents go to sleep so early? Her answer is : they just do.

I think older peeps just get into a routine because they're not out gallivanting out late anymore like in their younger years. To me this is obvious but not so obvious to sister-in-law. It's a silly buzzed post so please make light of this. Any confirmation as to y older folk go sleepy time early would be nice to hear. It's a slow night on the board so don't take this too seriously :) And spelling errors are due to the beer so any spelling peeps can shut their traps and save time :)

Edited by Pilsner

Brother and sister-in-law are staying with me for the time being. Sister-in-law's parents are visiting and they go to sleep early at night as most older peeps do. I ask her y do older people such as your parents go to sleep so early? Her answer is : they just do.

I think older peeps just get into a routine because they're not out gallivanting out late anymore like in their younger years. To me this is obvious but not so obvious to sister-in-law. It's a silly buzzed post so please make light of this. Any confirmation as to y older folk go sleepy time early would be nice to hear. It's a slow night on the board so don't take this too seriously :) And spelling errors are due to the beer so any spelling peeps can shut their traps and save time :)

I don't know, I'm 20 and some days I just feel like going to bed at 8. Maybe every day is like that for older folks. You just get tired faster.

I have no idea why, but my guess. As i creep ever closer to 50, i have a harder and harder tiime sleeping thru the night. Most folks my age or older that i talk to say the same thing.Made all the worse by drinking, which as you get older might not binge as much, but tend to have wine every meal etc. However, i still fall asleep minute head his the pillow. So, less sleep means tired earlier, go to bed earlier cause tired...wash, rinse repeat.

Its 4 30 now, been up an hour, already replied to a bunch of emails etc. I will be in bed by 10 tonight, depending on the Sabre game...and it is friggen Friday night!

Because they wake up earlier.

And they wake up earlier because of the "early bird specials." I'm sure you're thinking waht so special about cheap pancakes and eggs, but thats just what they want you to believe. Ever go to one of those early bird places around 5AM? I have, and theres not a geezer to be seen. And thats because they're not at the Country Kithen Buffet for the corned beef hash, they're in the back going wild. The back room at a Denny's looks less like a bingo parlor and more like a scene out of Eyes Wide Shut, except replace the elegant mansion with a dirty supply room. Its a booze and drug fueled wrinkly free-for-all back there. After partying into the wee hours of the afternoon you'd be thinking about bed too.

because they can...they know that they aren't missing anything...unlike we all do when we are younger, we feel like we might miss out on some spontaneous fun....

That's pretty much it. I'm 50 and my wife and I are typically in bed by 9:00pm. And I'm up at 5:30am and "sleep in" until 6:15am on weekends.

That and TV pretty much sucks. Well that was until we got Roku. Watched Adam-12 last night. :lol:

That's pretty much it. I'm 50 and my wife and I are typically in bed by 9:00pm. And I'm up at 5:30am and "sleep in" until 6:15am on weekends.

Yup, just about the same here. I'm 53 and my wife and I'm typically in bed by 9:00pm. And I'm up at 5:30am and "sleep in" until 7:15am on weekends.

Most days get less than 5 hours. Weekends when not working 3 rd shift 8 or 9. Some days less than 3.

At some point mead you really have to put down the wine glass and go to bed.

Oh and BTW someone asked me how hard it is to quit drinking. I told them it's simple. Hell I quit every day.

Iquitos every day when I fall a sleep. Drinking Rosemount Shiraz right now.

70 and bright skies here in SF so I'm thinking it's a beer day. White wine for the wife. Thanks for turning her on

to that Chardonnay after she drove the Porche in the wet cement.

because they can...they know that they aren't missing anything...unlike we all do when we are younger, we feel like we might miss out on some spontaneous fun....

I'd say this is half of it for me, combined with the fact that I just like not being tired the next day. And yeah, I always said I was fine with 5 hours of sleep, and I suppose I made it through alright. But the difference in how I feel with consistent 8 hour sleeps is amazing.

All that, and I'm 33 with no kids. I don't go to bed because I get tired earlier; I could easily stay up to 11 before I start feeling that way. I go to bed at 9 because I want to.

Edited by Faustus