Trent Edwards

Huh? Those QBs made Reid look good? How great of a pass was the dog murderer in ATL? How did McNabb do since he left Philly? How did those trades for Kolb and Feely work out?

Bottomline, Andy Reid may be the BEST developer of QBs in the NFL. If he sees something in Trent, that's a pretty statement. Most likely, Edwards will never play. But I wish him well. Backup QB is a great job and for future's sake, let's not pretend like 3rd round players should be franchise saviors.

I just about spit my beer on my laptop reading this. Andy Reid is arguably the most overrated coach in the recent history of the NFL. If not for the likes of McNabb and Vick, not to mention the great defenses orchestrated by the late Jim Johnson, Andy Reid would have been fired years ago. Fatboy would be mentioned in the same breath as Richie Kotite.

I agree that those QBs didnt make Reid look good.Reid is a good coach.

But I'm not convinced he is any QB coaching genius either. McNabb was toast

by his latter days at Philly anyway.He had deteriorated a lot from his early days in Philly although

it wasn't age that did it.He shoulda still been in his prime. -The dogkiller was actually very similar in ATL to what he is in Philly---a freakishly great athlete and a B- QB.

Hopefully Edwards will never play. He is one hard hit away from not knowing his name anymore.

He could actually play 'decently'(you know-move the ball betw the 20s decently with buttonhook pass patterns) for a game or two til he gets tapped on the skull.

I think Reid is an amazing QB teacher. I also feel like he is the Lindy Ruff of the Eagles. Couldn't win the big one and now probably has been their too long. But if both guys ever leave their current jobs, they will be at the top of any team's wishlist for a new coach.

I just about spit my beer on my laptop reading this. Andy Reid is arguably the most overrated coach in the recent history of the NFL. If not for the likes of McNabb and Vick, not to mention the great defenses orchestrated by the late Jim Johnson, Andy Reid would have been fired years ago. Fatboy would be mentioned in the same breath as Richie Kotite.

I have to disagree (but that is prob how he is overrated haha). He has a GREAT track record with qbs going back to his gb days. McNabb was considered a terrible pick by Philly fans and booed loudly (they wanted Ricky Williams). Vick was a lost cause, out of the league 2 years, never watched film felon/ He credits the Eagles with teaching him how to become a qb. He has 2 losing seasons in 13 (playoffs in 9 of 13)! 4 straight NFC east crowns and 5 in 6 years as well as 4 straight nfc championship game appearances.

I think the name your looking for when you talk about overrated is Jeff Fisher.

Huh? Those QBs made Reid look good? How great of a pass was the dog murderer in ATL? How did McNabb do since he left Philly? How did those trades for Kolb and Feely work out?

Bottomline, Andy Reid may be the BEST developer of QBs in the NFL. If he sees something in Trent, that's a pretty statement. Most likely, Edwards will never play. But I wish him well. Backup QB is a great job and for future's sake, let's not pretend like 3rd round players should be franchise saviors.

Vick had some very good season in Atl.

When his coaches realize that Vick is a play maker, he is not a game amanager, he soars. You have to keep the play book simple and decisive.

You give Vick two options to pass too, an dthen tell him run, he is very good. make him sit back there and read a D...not so good.

I have to disagree (but that is prob how he is overrated haha). He has a GREAT track record with qbs going back to his gb days. McNabb was considered a terrible pick by Philly fans and booed loudly (they wanted Ricky Williams). Vick was a lost cause, out of the league 2 years, never watched film felon/ He credits the Eagles with teaching him how to become a qb. He has 2 losing seasons in 13 (playoffs in 9 of 13)! 4 straight NFC east crowns and 5 in 6 years as well as 4 straight nfc championship game appearances.

I think the name your looking for when you talk about overrated is Jeff Fisher.

Vick became a good QB by learning from McNabb. McNabb was a great QB, and I would credit him with the Eagles' offensive success over Reid. Reid, despite his best efforts, tried and failed to turn McNabb and Vick into these dink-and-dunk pocket passers.

Edited by JR In Ann Arbor

Vick became a good QB by learning from McNabb. McNabb was a great QB, and I would credit him with the Eagles' offensive success over Reid. Reid, despite his best efforts, tried and failed to turn McNabb and Vick into these dink-and-dunk pocket passers.

You do realize that McNabb has failed with both the Redskins and Vikings, and the latter team preferred starting a rookie over him. The Redskins realized McNabb stinks at comebacks and running hurry up offense and benched him for a backup. The guy was somewhat of a bonehead and doesn't even know the rules, he didn't know that NFL games could end in a tie!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Donovan-McNabb-didn-t-know-that-NFL-games-could-?urn=nfl,122568

The guy did bring his team to 4 NFC Championship games and one super bowl, but don't forget in that SB he screwed up trying to run a 2 min drill that lasted 4 min. Probably the main reason he never made it to more then one SB and lost so many NFC Championship games, unlike Jim Kelly who was a master at the 2 min drill.

I think he was in a top offensive scheme (WCO) and taught by an excellent head coach. He was also on some very good teams surrounded by very good players to make all those playoff appearances. Andy Reid knows how to build a good team, and Reid is lucky enough to have an owner that backs him for the players he desires.

It was Andy Reid that taught Vick to stay in the pocket rather then run, taught him better footwork and technique, and made him a better pocket passer with the Eagles then he ever was with the Falcons. Players don't teach other players technique, coaches do.

Ever since Trent left, I've thought he is best suited for a West Coast style of Offense, wish the kid the best and if he's got any talent and productivity left, Andy Reid will see it, whether he remains a back-up or is ever elevated to a starter, the West Coast style Offense is what will work best for him...and the team he's playing for.....good luck Trent

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but try as I might I can't wrap my mind around the theory that Donovan McNabb carried Andy Reid. Everyone that steps into Andy Reid's offense has success. A.J. Feeley, Jeff Garcia, McNabb, Vick, Kolb. Aside from Garcia, who had a few decent seasons, none have shown competence as a passer outside of Philadelphia. I'm just not seeing the evidence that a guy who sucks so bad no one is willing to pick him up off waivers or sign off the street (including teams going into the playoffs with their 3rd string QB), was the magic behind the offense.

You do realize that McNabb has failed with both the Redskins and Vikings, and the latter team preferred starting a rookie over him. The Redskins realized McNabb stinks at comebacks and running hurry up offense and benched him for a backup. The guy was somewhat of a bonehead and doesn't even know the rules, he didn't know that NFL games could end in a tie!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Donovan-McNabb-didn-t-know-that-NFL-games-could-?urn=nfl,122568

The guy did bring his team to 4 NFC Championship games and one super bowl, but don't forget in that SB he screwed up trying to run a 2 min drill that lasted 4 min. Probably the main reason he never made it to more then one SB and lost so many NFC Championship games, unlike Jim Kelly who was a master at the 2 min drill.

I think he was in a top offensive scheme (WCO) and taught by an excellent head coach. He was also on some very good teams surrounded by very good players to make all those playoff appearances. Andy Reid knows how to build a good team, and Reid is lucky enough to have an owner that backs him for the players he desires.

It was Andy Reid that taught Vick to stay in the pocket rather then run, taught him better footwork and technique, and made him a better pocket passer with the Eagles then he ever was with the Falcons. Players don't teach other players technique, coaches do.

Don't judge McNabb based on his 12th and 13th seasons in the league when he was washed up. For 11 seasons, he was pretty darn good.

Maybe I'm just wrong here. But I can't give credit to a guy whose entire offensive playbook is 3-yard dump-off passes to his RB's. I think Reid has won in spite of himself.