Antonio Brown and J. Peters released.

IBTG81

i must admit, i'm disappointed that these two were cut.

i'd like to see peters on the practice squad. in two years, he might be something special. now another team can put him on their practice squad...i wish they had waited until the final cuts, so that no one could pick him up unless they want to put him on the active roster.

same with antonio. Both of these guys will be picked up. Brown didn't do much, but either did dante hall in his first *3* years.

4.15 speed is rare, and i'm surprised we didn't keep him.

he'll find a team.

i'd like to see peters on the practice squad. in two years, he might be something special. now another team can put him on their practice squad...i wish they had waited until the final cuts, so that no one could pick him up unless they want to put him on the active roster.

same with antonio. Both of these guys will be picked up. Brown didn't do much, but either did dante hall in his first *3* years.

he'll find a team.

13015[/snapback]

nodnarb...I am pretty sure that even if you are part of the final cuts, you can still sign with any team....either active roster or practice squad.

I would think that the guys currently on the roster who would be targeted for the practice squad would be in the final cuts not todays cuts.

12998[/snapback]

That's what you'd think, but I remember reading that teams like to cut players in the massive cut early-on, so as to "hide" players to bring back later. I guess we'll see.

Yes he did....and it was because he decided to run backwards and sideways all the way to it. :angry:

13010[/snapback]

The Bills have cut a player before in the first round of cuts with the intent of appearing to give up on a project early in an effort to sign to the PS later. The most recent example i can't remember his name but he was a black QB they had a couple of years back. Given the buzz around Peters who was a fan favorite but definitely is a project I would not be surprised to see him come back on the new expanded practice squads.

In fact is exactly because of this expansion that the Bills might have cut him early as other teams will be doing some heavy shopping for PS projects after the second round of cuts.

he'll find a team.

13015[/snapback]

They had to save roster spots for Pussywillow and Fumblin' Freddie. They must cut Pucillo, he has become the symbol for the Bills ineptitude on the interior OL, and they could have saved some face with fans if they had done it now.

I would think that the guys currently on the roster who would be targeted for the practice squad would be in the final cuts not todays cuts.

Good point LaBatt. I'm thinking they might sign Trafford to the PS next week - I don't think he'll make the final cut but he had a great camp and still has PS eligibility.

They had to save roster spots for Pussywillow and Fumblin' Freddie.  They must cut Pucillo,  he has become the symbol for the Bills ineptitude on the interior OL, and they could have saved some face with fans if they had done it now.

13092[/snapback]

You really think they'll keep Johnny - Freddy - whoever? :angry:

ecch. This is one time I really, really, REALLY hope youre wrong, BADOL.

They had to save roster spots for Pussywillow and Fumblin' Freddie.  They must cut Pucillo,  he has become the symbol for the Bills ineptitude on the interior OL, and they could have saved some face with fans if they had done it now.

13092[/snapback]

Why do you all insist on calling Mike Pucillo 'Pussywillow'? Where did you ever get that from?

Why do you all insist on calling Mike Pucillo 'Pussywillow'?  Where did you ever get that from?

13130[/snapback]

The best I can figure some "fans" gain some sort of psychic satisfaction if they can develop insulting nicknames for players they don't like. They find it even better and evidentally funnier, if the nicknames have some sexual connotations.

Just to get as far as he has, Mike Pucillo must be an incredible football player but maybe just not quite NFL material. Not one of you would call him kitty willow to his face but are emboldened by your anonymous nature here to be big shot name callers on the board.

The best I can figure these are probably the same people who find Jim Rome hilarious.

The best I can figure some "fans" gain some sort of psychic satisfaction if they can develop insulting nicknames for players they don't like.  They find it even better and evidentally funnier, if the nicknames have some sexual connotations. 

Just to get as far as he has, Mike Pucillo must be an incredible football player but maybe just not quite NFL material.  Not one of you would call him kitty willow to his face but are emboldened by your anonymous nature here to be big shot name callers on the board. 

The best I can figure these are probably the same people who find Jim Rome hilarious.

13268[/snapback]

Amen, brother.

The best I can figure some "fans" gain some sort of psychic satisfaction if they can develop insulting nicknames for players they don't like.  They find it even better and evidentally funnier, if the nicknames have some sexual connotations. 

Just to get as far as he has, Mike Pucillo must be an incredible football player but maybe just not quite NFL material.  Not one of you would call him kitty willow to his face but are emboldened by your anonymous nature here to be big shot name callers on the board. 

13268[/snapback]

I find it amusing when people call Pucillo "pussywillow". I also highly enjoy Jim Rome's show. But that's just me - a person who likes to laugh at things, not walk around with a stick in my ass trying to be holier than thou, and just take things for what they are worth. But again, that's just me.

I find it amusing when people call Pucillo "pussywillow". I also highly enjoy Jim Rome's show. But that's just me - a person who likes to laugh at things, not walk around with a stick in my ass trying to be holier than thou, and just take things for what they are worth. But again, that's just me.

13411[/snapback]

Thanks for making my point about the connection between gratuitous name calling and the enjoyment of Jim Rome.

I also enjoyed the cheap shots about the stick and the attitude.

Have the Bills cut pussywillow yet? Thought you might enjoy it one more time.

Thanks for making my point about the connection between gratuitous name calling and the enjoyment of Jim Rome. 

13423[/snapback]

What? That we say it how it is, and don't need to hide behind PC bulls#it in order to protect everyone's sensitive little feelings. !@#$ that. That's why Rome's show is the most honest. He, unlike people like you, doesn't care if someone's feelings might get hurt so we can speak truthfully.

Pucillo's nickname was easy, because it sounds like PussyWillow anyway. That, combined with the fact that he is weak at his position (relative for an NFL athlete), makes it funny.

Now, before your blood pressure goes through the roof with all this trying to be PC and polite, next time you hear "Pussywillow", smile and move on.

Don't sweat the small stuff.