12 Scary Debt Facts for 2012

erynthered

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be your usual way of acknowledging that you're in over your head before you bail out of the thread. I'm still waiting for you to get back to me in the Foxconn thread and explain the relationship between free trade, competitive advantage and how it plays into the economic growth model. I'd love to hear about your economic and financial qualifications too, since you've been on record stating that your background is in sociology/psych.

I believe that was all explained to you right before you asked the question.

Either your memory has failed you or thats the lamest cop-out I've ever seen. Again, what is your background in economics and finance?

Just making a wild guess here but I would say that it is on par with lyrbob's expertise in the mortgage and real estate industries. Isn't it quite a coincidence that the libs will never pin themselves down with substance, make some lame statement and then disappear?

Either your memory has failed you or thats the lamest cop-out I've ever seen. Again, what is your background in economics and finance?

I believe I also explained to you what my background was in. I studied some economics in school but I don't have a degree in economics. Is that what you wanted. Now tell me about how you're an economist and I'm stupid and have no reason to talk because I don't have a degree in economics. Come on do it. That's what you wanted to do. Now go ahead and blow your wad.

Just making a wild guess here but I would say that it is on par with lyrbob's expertise in the mortgage and real estate industries. Isn't it quite a coincidence that the libs will never pin themselves down with substance, make some lame statement and then disappear?

Lame Statement.

I'm going to disappear now.

I believe I also explained to you what my background was in. I studied some economics in school but I don't have a degree in economics. Is that what you wanted. Now tell me about how you're an economist and I'm stupid and have no reason to talk because I don't have a degree in economics. Come on do it. That's what you wanted to do. Now go ahead and blow your wad.

You've made a habit of declaring that other posters don't know anything about economics. Since you have no qualms about telling me, 3rd and others that we're totally ignorant regarding economic matters, I was just curious as to your authority on the subject. Your credentials. Now I know, Eco 101 and 102.

You've made a habit of declaring that other posters don't know anything about economics. Since you have no qualms about telling me, 3rd and others that we're totally ignorant regarding economic matters, I was just curious as to your authority on the subject. Your credentials. Now I know, Eco 101 and 102.

We need to demonstrate authority with credentials now???? :huh:

Is "Because I'm smarter than any two of you put together" considered a credential?

We need to demonstrate authority with credentials now???? :huh:

Is "Because I'm smarter than any two of you put together" considered a credential?

That seems to be his thought process. As far as I can tell he has about as much experience in economics as I do. Though I don't have a degree on the subject I have spent a great deal of time reading up on it and gaining knowledge on how it works.

As well as I have had people explain things in Psych and Soc. that I still hadn't learned even though they don't have degrees on the subject. The difference is that I am still willing to learn.

As well as plenty of statistics classes. And economy is, as I'm sure you know, measured with statistics. Had I made the choice now I might have gone into it as a major considering how interested I've become on the subject and the amount I've read into it.

Care to tell us what your credentials are.

P.S. I will admit that you have a point in bringing up credentials since I was the one that opened the door on it.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

That seems to be his thought process. As far as I can tell he has about as much experience in economics as I do. Though I don't have a degree on the subject I have spent a great deal of time reading up on it and gaining knowledge on how it works.

Well, yeah...but you're a Keynesian. That's like "inverse learning". :w00t:

Well, yeah...but you're a Keynesian. That's like "inverse learning". :w00t:

It's not that I don't see how the conservative model does move the economy. It's the fact that it sends it into overdrive and ends with a huge crash. The progressive model has slower, regulated, and more sustained growth.

As well as plenty of statistics classes. And economy is, as I'm sure you know, measured with statistics. Had I made the choice now I might have gone into it as a major considering how interested I've become on the subject and the amount I've read into it.

Care to tell us what your credentials are.

P.S. I will admit that you have a point in bringing up credentials since I was the one that opened the door on it.

Since you obliged, my undergrad degree is in Economics, I've been working in financial services/finance in a few different capacities for the past 5 years, and I've made some nice headway toward a CFA designation.

And I'm not trying to suggest either that I'm an expert or that you're unfit to discuss economic matters with me. Just letting you know that there's actually quite a few regulars in PPP with solid foundations in finance and economics. FAs, FPs, pretty sure theres a forex trader, and a guy who runs a hedge fund. Oh, and a WWII buff. While a lot of the political threads quickly devolve into simian scatalogical warfare (not that theres anything wrong with that), the econ/finance threads tend to attract some people (not all) who know their stuff.

Since you obliged, my undergrad degree is in Economics, I've been working in financial services/finance in a few different capacities for the past 5 years, and I've made some nice headway toward a CFA designation.

And I'm not trying to suggest either that I'm an expert or that you're unfit to discuss economic matters with me. Just letting you know that there's actually quite a few regulars in PPP with solid foundations in finance and economics. FAs, FPs, pretty sure theres a forex trader, and a guy who runs a hedge fund. Oh, and a WWII buff. While a lot of the political threads quickly devolve into simian scatalogical warfare (not that theres anything wrong with that), the econ/finance threads tend to attract some people (not all) who know their stuff.

And a Chef....don't forget we have a Chef here too.

Soups on!!

Makes sense. What's your signature dish?

Pasta, Eggs and Pickle Juice.

Seriously I'd say French Bistro food. The not too fancy stuff that you can eat until you explode. Cassoulet, Beef Bourguignon, Coq au Vin, Blanquette de Veau, Pates, Tart Tatin.

I've been making my own cheese and curing sausages lately. I tell people now I cook for fun not for profit.

Really that's the reason? Taxes are lower now than they've been in recent memory. Why does the economy suck?

The inevitable correction of the fallacy that was the "Clinton Economy". It was all built on a house of cards and still is.

Kind of like "The deficit didn't rise under Clinton", while they were stealing money hand over fist from Social Security - despite the fact they were raking in record revenues from Capital Gains and the new investor class.

• 1 month later...