Birth Control Blunder By Santorum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/santorum-birth-control-harms-women/2012/02/15/gIQASRukFR_blog.html?tid=pm_pop

No wonder this clown lost in such a landslide. Too bad this didn't resurface after Michigan instead of before.

He has never used birth control before? Really??? :blink:

You're getting better. You've learned to spell his name correctly.

I think we have bigger problems than this. This is all a bs distraction. What Santorum says about the economy, taxation, defense and protecting the borders is what we should be judging him on. Anyone who focuses on such a relatively minor issue as birth control really shouldn't be burdened with the task of voting.

Edited by Dante

I think we have bigger problems than this. This is all a bs distraction. What Santorum says about the economy, taxation, defense and protecting the borders is what we should be judging him on. Anyone who focuses on such a relatively minor issue as any candidates stance on birth control really shouldn't be burdened with the task of voting.

Yes, but what about the sweater vest?

I think we have bigger problems than this. This is all a bs distraction. What Santorum says about the economy, taxation, defense and protecting the borders is what we should be judging him on. Anyone who focuses on such a relatively minor issue as any candidates stance on birth control really shouldn't be burdened with the task of voting.

If it's not important, why does Santorum spend so much time campaigning on "traditional values"?

I'd say an archaic fundamentalist perspective on sex merits questioning Santorum's status as the potential "leader of the free world". Wouldn't be surprised to find out Santorum believes the Earth is 6,000 years old.

If it's not important, why does Santorum spend so much time campaigning on "traditional values"?

I'd say an archaic fundamentalist perspective on sex merits questioning Santorum's status as the potential "leader of the free world". Wouldn't be surprised to find out Santorum believes the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Because he's pandering to the Evangelicals, don't ya know, it's loony primary season... Duh

It's not important to me. If he wants to spend time on his campaign talking about traditional values that's fine with me. Better that than preaching class warfare. I know traditional values will never hurt me. That aside, like I said in my earlier post, this stuff is secondary. The guy is the most conservative candidate left and that's the kind of president I want. If you are coming from the left of course your not going to agree and thats ok.

It's not important to me. If he wants to spend time on his campaign talking about traditional values that's fine with me. Better that than preaching class warfare. I know traditional values will never hurt me. That aside, like I said in my earlier post, this stuff is secondary. The guy is the most conservative candidate left and that's the kind of president I want. If you are coming from the left of course your not going to agree and thats ok.

Hold on a second, you said if you take the social isues out, he's the most conservative? He's a very pro union "conservative", he voted for Medicare part D under Bush which was one of the most fiscally irresponsible pieces of legislation in GOP history, he was a huge pork barrel republican, voted for mountains and mountains of othe spending bills, and you say he is the most "conservative" if you take out the social issues?

Really?? Really????

:wallbash:

Hold on a second, you said if you take the social isues out, he's the most conservative? He's a very pro union "conservative", he voted for Medicare part D under Bush which was one of the most fiscally irresponsible pieces of legislation in GOP history, he was a huge pork barrel republican, voted for mountains and mountains of othe spending bills, and you say he is the most "conservative" if you take out the social issues?

Really?? Really????

But I think Romney supports carbon caps and trade and also supported TARP didn't he? I guess we could go back and forth. In the end I prefer Santorum but if it turns out to be Romney so be it. He will be my guy.

Really?? Really????

Nevermind that Santorum has ZERO experience balancing a budget at an executive level of any kind.

And in defense / national security --- the #1, #2, #3 and #5 job priorities of a president --- he has ZERO experience.

He would get absolutely railroaded in both if he were elected, and we can't afford another president who has to do OJT on how to be an effective executive rather than a professional populist or proselytizer.

You know, I think I'd do quite well in a Christian theocracy.

Back on topic: Dante, you really think Santorum is the strongest the elephants have to offer at this point? I don't like his take on defense and I don't like that he has zero economic experience whatsoever. I'm with Magox on Santorum, I think.

But hey, I'm just a looney libertarian.

Edited by LeviF91

Well, different perspectives. I don't respect convictions that I believe are blatantly fictional.

Like Obama's opinion on gay marriage?

Whether or not you and DiN respect them, does not make Santorum's views on birth control a blunder. It may be the reason that Santorum doesn't get the nomination, as birth control and dogs on top of cars trump all with the issue-focused American public, but consistently stating a view and providing reasons why is hardly a blunder.

I have no clue as to what you are talking about, do you?

Can we talk about the real issue here?

Since when is birth control "basic health care?"

And if so, why arent boner pills covered?

And finally (just a comment)....how the !@#$ does this Marxist have the BALLS to MANDATE health insurance providers cover something 100% and add on all kinds of other stuff that must be covered under "basic" health insurance and then whine that health care is expensive?