Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant the Bills were planning to use the franchise tag if they didn't come to an agreement so Stevie took the offer cause he thought it was relatively fair in the end. The same thing basically happened with Marshawn earlier tonight.

got it. that makes sense. good news indeed!

Better numbers than both vj and mesean but you'd pay them 9 and not Stevie?! Get some facts and a clue. People like you may not run him out of town but your ignotance definitely gives bills fans a bad name.

where are your facts? when you call someone out like that you could drop a few yourslef but I know you dont have any. Heres some "facts" stevie is much slower than Desean, mush smaller and slower than VJ and are we only allowed to look at 2 seasons worth of stats because you say so? So im ignorant because I dont bow to stevies "numbers" which arent that great, barely a 1000 and 76 receptions is about as good as 20 guys a season around the league for the last 20 years or so. WHAT A TALENT! I would consider your argument if he caught a 100 balls and 1200 yards or so, either that or 12 plus touchdowns a season. His numbers arent really that good for being THE guy on a team that runs a spread offense. Dont other teams with this O have 2 or three guys a year with these numbers? New Orleans for example has three guys w over 80 catches this year and colsten has better numbers in every category this season than SJ. The two giant receivers both had better numbers than stevie this year and the lions have three guys with more than 70 catches. If stevies stats are your argument, you lose the argument. His stats are pedestrian so who needs to get a clue? No one is saying how great the third best receiver on the lions is but he has 73 catches and 5 td's and he got the ball as the third option! so how good is 76 for 1005 and 7 tds? just slightly above average.

Just because he is our best doesn't mean we should overpay. And "Overpay" means panicking and offering more than we should when we could get a better guy for the same money. why not wait him out and pay him less as the other guys get picked up by other teams. Its a buyers market this year for WR, so why rush? unless we get a nice discount it goes against business sense to straight out pay him "just to not create a whole". Im sure we can pay alot of guys to fill any whole for 9 million dollars.

And is this the only year and the only guy we will ever have to sign? what happened to "defense wins championships", and "without a line, the qb cant throw" arguments? Levitre, Bell, jackson, draft picks, free agent TE? We arent doing that good salary cap wise. I must be ignorant not to want to spend whatever it takes to get a slightly above average WR to resign with the team where he already lives and knows everyone and is the number 1 guy. I hope the deal is for less than 8 million or just wait til stevie has one bad year or a couple more game-losing drops and people here will be screaming to trade him or cut him because "he makes too much".

it isnt happening.

https://twitter.com/#!/StevieJohnson13

via twitter

All these "reports" are crazy, but I appreciate the positive energy. We will see what happens. No matter what I'm truly blessed.

Again, I don't know why you are going to each stevie forum and posting this. Yes he said that on twitter... but where do you see that stevie said it isn't happening? He said "we'll see what happens." He doesn't say it is or isn't happening at all. Not to mention, he probably doesn't want to specifically comment on it, which has been his MO the entire time.

Again, I don't know why you are going to each stevie forum and posting this. Yes he said that on twitter... but where do you see that stevie said it isn't happening? He said "we'll see what happens." He doesn't say it is or isn't happening at all. Not to mention, he probably doesn't want to specifically comment on it, which has been his MO the entire time.

both posts are about stevie correct. therefor i post in both incase someone reads one and not the other ;)

again he said they are crazy reports.

both posts are about stevie correct. therefor i post in both incase someone reads one and not the other ;)

again he said they are crazy reports.

"these "reports" are crazy." could mean many things. Could mean he thinks it crazy how these reports get out or that people are able to find out anything. Could be he's joking around and calling them crazy, pulling everyone's leg. Who knows? But to say they definitely mean its not happening is perpetuating something that you can't say for sure.

"these "reports" are crazy." could mean many things. Could mean he thinks it crazy how these reports get out or that people are able to find out anything. Could be he's joking around and calling them crazy, pulling everyone's leg. Who knows? But to say they definitely mean its not happening is perpetuating something that you can't say for sure.

I hope he is messing around but I doubt it. If he isn't we need to franchise his ass. He seems a little bit Hollywood for Buffalo. I hope I am wrong. I can't think of many examples of people taking to twitter to explain how reports of a deal are "crazy" the night before they sign.

Edited by Estelle Getty

im not saying it isnt happening. im just saying the way he tweeted, he doesnt know anything about it. he said we will see what happens. If the details are already known i think he would know whats happening.

Ugh, you never know. Now Im even more anxious to get some news tomorrow!

Because the 5 year deal is mentioned in the espn statement, i think he knows something and is reporting that. Lets get this done so we can worry about something else!!

stevie's tweets could mean all sorts of things....

#1- it ain't official to i sign....

#2- the agent reached a verbal agreement with team late last night and will tell stevie all the details this morning.

#3- he's still undecided if he should accept bills offer now...or wait to test free agency.

bottom line...they must be pretty dang close...schefter, while not always right...is certainly usually right.

#2- the agent reached a verbal agreement with team late last night and will tell stevie all the details this morning.

This just doesn't make sense. Stevie has worked his whole life for this contract. Would his agent just say, "Boy, it's after the 9 pm cutoff on a school night. No more phone calls,"? If so, his agent is terrible.